Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990i Crashing

Previous  12
Author P990i Crashing
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-16 20:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Mobile phone companies like Voda are like dogs. They gotta pee on the hydrant (P990, etc.) to leave their mark. Just like in real life. Some days you are the dog, some days you are the hydrant.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
doublecheese
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-09-17 09:45
Quote:

On 2006-09-16 15:17:38, DOGSTAR wrote:
You can upgrade but that does not get read of the start up popcorn as that is written into the rom Z file

Dogstar if you goto those local phone shops they will flash your phone so good no traces of Vodaphone, O2 etc will remain. However as mentioned your guarantee will be void.

Another friend who lived in UK was visiting us abroad for holidays. He was using a Vodaphone P910i phone, while playing a game on the phone the phone crashed so badly, he had to take the battery out. When he put back on the battery, the phone did not start anymore. So we tried to fix it with SEUS, (until recently SEUS had a REPAIR option which you could fix, but SE removed it later on somehow) because the REPAIR option was cancelled by SE we could not manage to update the phone. So we called SE Istanbul and they said that this phone is Vodaphone branded and they can not help us.

There was two options for us. 1) Wait for him to go back to UK 2) or have the phone flashed at a local second hand phone shop.

So we went to the phone shop, we told the guy at the counter that P910 no longer worked, he told us it would be no problems but since they didn't have any Orange Software, they would update the phone with latest Sim Free version and if we did the update that my friend would loose his Orange guarantee blah blah blah... so we agreed and he uploaded the software and P910 started working as a sim free phone. There was no Voda logo or nothing remaining on the phone....
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-19 05:19
That is a great story.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi