Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > anyone tested P990 vs BMW OEM BT?

Previous  12
Author anyone tested P990 vs BMW OEM BT?
shannasam
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-18 23:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have a 2006 Audi A4, bluetooth enabled, and my p990i is able to pair with the car but drops the connection after less than a minute. When it makes the connection initially I am able to make/receive calls, using the steering wheel buttons, etc. but the connection drops every time.

I am assuming from these posts that there is nothing that can be done to remedy this? Help! I previously used Blackberry and Treo without a problem at all and I'm terribly frustrated with the p990...
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-09-19 00:05
Quote:

On 2006-09-09 18:37:57, dirkies wrote:
have now my P990i
tested on my M5 april 06 production:
IT DOES NOT WORK
Thank you SE for ignoring your customer base who was already complaining since the P800 that you should get your act together and make sure your top model works with OEM BT carkits.
Again they did completely ignore this call, and added a line in the manual stating you should only use SE BT carkits. All Txxx, Kxxx, Mxxx and Wxxx series work, but the 'for professionals' Pxxx series keep their reputation of being virtually useless with some OEM BT carkits, incredible but true.
No more Sony-Ericsson for me... I am fed up by this.

sorry but if some cars work perfectly with the phonebook upload function on the p990i and with calls, how can it absolutely definately be the fault with the phone in your case?
dirkies
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-09-20 16:42
because other phones work perfectly with the same car!

BMW uses as most others Visteon BT boxes, and these adhere to the Siemens handsfree profile, and seemingly the P-series do NOT support this profile, only the SE/Nokia compatible one. Most other SE phones support both profiles, thus work fine, but since the P800 came out, handsfree BT connections in BMW and other brands is a total mess, and SE/Symbian just can't do their homework correctly it seems...extremely frustrating, so I am back with my T630 for car usage, that one works perfect.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi