Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > One consumer's odyssey in getting her Moto RAZR repaired

Author One consumer's odyssey in getting her Moto RAZR repaired
deepsme
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-08-31 13:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
One unlucky lady went through almost a dozen Motorola phone operators to try and get her Motorola V3i RAZR replaced or repaired

She bought a Motorola RAZR v3i quad-band world cellphone on Ebay, with warranty. The phone had full bars wherever she went. Two months later, it stopped working completely.

Thus began her legendary journey with Motorla to get them to give her a working phone. At first they want her to send the phone back and pay $175. She rejects the offers and files complaints with the FCC, the FTC and the Florida Attorney General's office. Not all at once, mind you. Just at various stages in the game as she maneuvers through the levels of "customer care" in gimlet-eyed pursuit of her goal: a working phone at no extra charge.

Read transcripts from her IM conversation with the Motorola operators HERE ,it will show you what you might have to face if your moto just dies in your hands some day.

[ This Message was edited by: deepsme on 2006-08-31 12:21 ]
slugworth
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-31 13:53
hope moto burn big for that as much as there phones r shit seems the cust servise is to i would file the lawsuit if it was me and send the phone back saying keep ur frickin phone going SE or Nokia or Samsung
S500i 4GB M2
deepsme
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-08-31 14:16
Thats the problem with these old companies,once success gets to their head they just stop caring about the customer.That day i went to a Nokia SC to get my old 6600 repaired.There i met a 18 something guy with a problem for 3250.He said it was the first cell of his life and it stopped working after about 2 weeks of usage.He said he had been coming to this SC for about a month now and this was like his 8th or 9th visit and everytime he met the engineer he would ask him to come back after two or three days.Now anyone in his place would have asked for a replacement piece by now,but this guy because of his first time experience just didnt no he could get it replaced with a new one.And the nokia guys trying to take advantage of his lack of knowledge were just trying to delay the replacement for as long as possible
It was only after i told him of his right to get a new replacement he did what he actually could have done a long time ago.

[ This Message was edited by: deepsme on 2006-08-31 13:18 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-08-31 14:18
That was funny!!

Customer: "Why won't you send me the confirmation email?"

Woman from Moto: "Because I don't want to..."

Stuff like this happens all the time. Real crap customer service goes on every day.

I hope she gets all thats due to her.....

haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-08-31 14:38

Good on her for doing that i would have just given up i think.
Luke-the-magic-man
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-31 14:58
id just fix it myself, probally would cost less then the phone calls and the time id waste ringing moto etc just waiting on hold
Check out my sales
I am a mac fanboy .
I will honor Laffens gift of P990 flip free avartar, but I sold the p990
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-31 17:02
A mate of mine's had all kinds of problems with his V3. Firstly, the keys stopped working, phone got replaced, taking a week. Then the replacement phone started having Bluetooth problems and another problem I can't remember, might have been turning itself off or running the batt down in a day, so it was sent off to be reflashed, took another week, he's got the phone back and it's working... but the glass screen covering the front LCD was coming loose now! I fixed it with some superglue as he was sick of sending it back to Moto.... though I botched it slightly and the fumes from the superglue made the glass go a bit opaque in places, though not badly enough to obscure the screen. Goes to show I'm not infallible, and make plenty of mistakes!

Some serious reliability issues there, I've seen a ton of V3s on Ebay with various problems.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi