Forum > Regional > Americas > MMS working on T-Mobile

Author MMS working on T-Mobile
alden168
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-10 04:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
RJ

Can you send me please to how to set it up. I called Tmobile but it seems no one knows how to set my mms. My email address is alden168@hotmail.com.

Thanks
itsrep
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 04:06

Hi, I'm having trouble setting up my mms too. I also get an error
(GPRS failed)when I try to send e-mail which I think its probably because of the same reason. Can someone E-mail me with instructions on how to set this up. I have T-mobile and a T68i and I've only had this phone for about 4 days so I don't know much about the more advanced features. Thank you

My E-mail address is itsrep@hotmail.com
bchung1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 08:23
I also need a step by step on how to set up the MMS for T68i.

bchung1@houston.rr.com

Thanks
sschwar4
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 18:57
Quote:

On 2002-11-07 00:09, rj wrote:
ama

if you're a t68 user, u need to create a new data account for gprs [all settings are the same with gprs] and change data mode to 'connection oriented'.

again, everything is the same, just change the data mode.

* u cannot edit the profile u created. make a new one.

RJ,

Are you saying you create a new data account mms, then go to WAP settings and create another profile and change the data mode there? So, can you tie this all together?

Stuart
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 20:36
This is what I did to get MMS working. I live in Hawaii and use T-Mobile.

I started by deleting all user profiles and data accounts. According to rj you have to set it all up again and it worked for me.

Following settings are for the new data account:

1APN - wap.voicestream.com
2Password - (leave blank)
3Password Request - Off
4Allow calls - Automatic
5IP Address - (leave blank)
6DNS Address - 216.155.175.040
7Advanced Settings
1Authentication - Normal
2Data compr. - Off
3Header compr. - Off
4Quality of serv.
1Precedence - Subscribed
2Delay - Class 3
3Reliability - Class 3
4Peak rate - Subscribed
5Mean rate - Subscribed

After you created this account go to WAP services and Options to create a new profile.

1Chg homepage - wap.yahoo.com (you can put other too)
2Connect using - choose the account you just created
3IP address - 216.155.165.050
4User ID - (leave blank)
5Password - (leave blank)
6Data mode - Conn Oriented
7Security - Off
8Show pictures - On
9Response timer - 100 seconds

Then you go to the Messages menu and choose MMS and then Options.

6Message server - http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
7WAP profile - choose the profile you just created

You should now be able to send MMS. I haven't had anyone send to me yet so I'm not sure if receiving works.
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 20:54
Okay, I set it up on my wife's phone and was able to both send and receive so the above settings should work.
bchung1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 21:09
How do you delet the data accounts? I odnt know a thing about all this, I recently went to Hong Kong with my parents and My mom bought me this phone. ( Cause it looks cute=) Just to let everyone know I'm a girl and not a wierdo guy who thinks its cute. I want to sent pictures but I called T-Mobile and they could not get it to work. So I kinda need a really step by step basic information on where to go, what menus and so on. Thank you for who ever that can help me, I will test it out by sending you a pic and you send me one back to see if it works. Thanks Muah!

itsrep
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 21:49

Hi, I followed thoese instructions and when I tried to send an email, (because I dont have another phone to send it to) and I get an error saying GPRS failed then network communication error. Is it because I dont have the T-zones set up yet? what Do i do to fix this problem. I called T-mobile and it said that to activate T-zones I'd have to set it up through my phone. so can anyone help.

Thank you
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 22:48
bchung1> if you're phone is new you probably don't have any data accounts set yet so you don't have to delete any. However, if you have T-Mobile (formerly known as Voicestream) you need to get T-Zones. To get that you need to call T-Mobile customer service to activate it. There will be a $2.99 extra monthly cost for this and it will make it possible for you to access internet.

After you have activated T-Zones you can follow the steps posted earlier to set up a data account and WAP profile as well as MMS.

Welcome to the T68i community and hope you enjoy the phone. It is currently the best one on the market.
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 22:52
itsrep> yes you need to have T-Zones on your T-Mobile account. If you just have added it it may take a day or two before it works on your phone. T-Mobile are kind of slow with that. Then you can follow the steps in an earlier post and it should work - that is if you have GPRS coverage in your area.
itsrep
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 23:03
I just called and signed up for T-zones, they say in 48 hours it'll work, now does that mean within 48 or is that like the time it always takes for it to kick in? Also, If i have T-zones is it easy for me to get pictures from my computer if i set them on that sonyericsson wap site as a part of my themes? or is ther an easier way to do it?

[ This Message was edited by: itsrep on 2002-11-12 22:23 ]
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 00:45
itsrep> it may kick in sooner that 48 hours. You are able to download background pictures to your phone from Esato. First, use your computer to log into your Esato account and add background pictures to your Favourites. Then access Esato and Favourites from your phone to download the picture.
bchung1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 01:01
Hi its me again. By the way guys my name is Kaila. I already have T-Zones. I just dont know where to begin. This phone has so many menues and functions. What menu do you go to first to set up a data account? Cause this phone has menus after menus. So, I know guys its a pain but I really am new to all this. Thanks for all those who welcomed me here. With work and school its hard to get a chance to reply and get to know all this better. ANS YES I LOVE THE PHONE =P

THanks again I just needed to know where to start off.

Kaila Bao Chung
itsrep
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 01:05
It already kicked in .. But I dont know where to go in here to uoload stuff, and whats the wap address for esato? wap.esato.com?
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 06:37
bchung1> okay, start off by pushing the joystick to get into the menu. Click on the bottom phone picture - the menu is called Connect. Then go down to option 6Data comm. click and the click on option 1Data accounts. That is where you add the account, choose GPRS data, name your new account, enter APN wap.voicestream.com and then click Save? Then click your new account and then Edit. Then follow the instructions I gave in an earlier post. When you have finalized you account you need to go back to the first menu with all the pictures and go to the phone with the globe - WAP services. From there go down to option 8Options, then click 2WAP profiles, Add profile, name your new profile. In the Connect using: choose the account you created. Enter IP 216.155.165.050 Save and then from there you should be able to follow instructions I gave in earlier post.

Hope it works!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi