Forum > General discussions > General > free video calling

Previous  12
Author free video calling
w999ismine
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 21:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
''this is where o2 is better as the video calls minutes come out of your regular voice ones as its not properly structured with o2''

actually if you read the terms and conditions that come with the phone. it says ''video calls are part of your inclusive minutes until 1st of jan 2008, from then on 50p/min''. so be careful with o2, they hook you in and then, when you think your secure.....BOOM there goes the cash.

[ This Message was edited by: w999ismine on 2008-01-07 20:53 ]
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 21:55

On 2008-01-07 21:52:31, w999ismine wrote:
''this is where o2 is better as the video calls minutes come out of your regular voice ones as its not properly structured with o2''

actually if you read the terms and conditions that come with the phone. it says ''video calls are part of your inclusive minutes until 1st of jan 2008, from then on 50p/min''. so be careful with o2, they hook you in and then, when you think your secure.....BOOM there goes the cash.

[ This Message was edited by: w999ismine on 2008-01-07 20:53 ]

Thats what i'm trying to say, they have taken the date off completely on the terms & conditions.
w999ismine
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 22:03
god you cant trust these copanies anymore why cant they just say properly, this many minutes this many texts, u can do this you cant do that.. enjoy your phone!!

[ This Message was edited by: w999ismine on 2008-01-07 21:04 ]
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 22:08
it is free with o2, no 50p a min or anything.
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 22:29
Mr Miyagi, are you certain that o2 video calls are free (well taken from your inclusive minutes)?

Also are they cross network video call minutes? I'm off to check the T&C's i think, then i might give this a go...

---Edit----

Right just had a quick look, it does seem that video calls are priced the same as your voice calls. WHich means they'll take it out of your monthly allowance, but when you go over that limit you are looking at 20p/min

[ This Message was edited by: 5nak3 on 2008-01-07 21:34 ]
arvinlad
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 17:16
AFAIK with O2 video calls are the same price as voice calls if you are on a monthly contract @ 20p a minute - if you have free minutes they will take up free minutes the same as using a voice call.

If you are on O2 PAYG then video calls cost 50p per minute...
www.answersingenesis.org , www.expelledthemovie.com/home.php
p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 21:57
wow i never knew this, so i can video call people on other nets and it will get taken out of my inclusive allowance?
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 22:19
I can also confirm that o2-UK are now allowing customers to use the bundles for video calls. (Contract customers)

They are trying to push people using the 3g network.

Ok you have to have a 3g network to use it, but when I do get one, I use it. lol

I can also tell you that O2 charge the same for a video call when your abroad ringing back to the uk as the same cost as a normal voice call.

** I really can now ring from Spain using my video phone and instead of the first words i normaly get, whats the weather like. I can say look at the weather here and it will only cost me 35p per min.

How good is that

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-01-08 21:27 ]
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 22:41
@darren

I was going to ask about the o2 abroad policy. Basically if i am in Euro 1 zone or whatever they call it comprising of france, spain etc etc... and i ring home i.e. UK will the call be taken from my monthly minutes?

I am pretty sure if you are abroad messages back home are charged at a rate of 4 text messages taken away from your monthly allowance per message you send.

But i am not sure about voice or video calls for that matter.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 22:55
No voice calls and video calls you do have to pay for.
Inbound and out bound.

However sms and mms are all taken from your inclusive allowence.

So if you have an inclusive bundle of 1000 you can send 250 either sms or mms from abroad.

If you have 500 then it would be 125 sms or mms

** your unlimited sms what you can have now with o2 are for when your the uk only.

Another thing you can do with o2 which is really good, Pay £10 for a month of free inbound calls while your in Europe.

So this means that your friends could ring you for free from the uk (If they have free mins) and you dont pay the incoming charges. also your out going charges drop to 25p per min as well.
** max is a 1000 mins **

If you are just going to spain then it only cost £5 for the month for free inbound calls and 25p per min calls home

** Alot of people ask me this question
" When i call some one abroad does it cost me any more "

The answer is no. When you call friends / family abroad it cost you no more than it would calling in the UK. If you have free mins, then it would come out of your mins as it would do in the uk.

The person in the roaming country has to pay the incoming part of the call and thats all.

Remember if you dial a UK mobile no from UK, It doesnt matter where the person is on holiday/work etc, you still are only dialing a UK number.

If you want any more info on pricing etc, let me know.

Hope this helps

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-01-08 22:03 ]
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-10 17:29
Hi thanks for all the information and i fully understand everything except that last bit...

"Remember if you dial a UK mobile no from UK, It doesnt matter where the person is on holiday/work etc, you still are only dialing a UK number."

I've read it a few times and cant make sense of it maybe just me being silly, but do you mean that if i dial a UK mobile regardless of where the person i am dialing is, i will only pay UK fees as long as i am in the UK. As soon as i ring a UK mobile, but i am outside the UK then i will be charged the 25p per minute.

Blueacid
K700
PM
Posted: 2008-02-12 14:39
Basically, let's suppose I went abroad taking my UK phone with me, and my friend rang my UK number.

My friend will ONLY pay for the "UK" part of the call - so as far as they know, i'm still in the UK (they'll pay the same, or have it come out of free minutes, whatever.)

To me, because i'm abroad, i'd pay for the "rest" of the call, ie, i'd have to pay all the roaming fees myself - often these are fairly high, and won't come out of free minutes. Some providers, such as o2, do offer deals for you to get a month of free incoming calls when abroad, but this often comes at an initial price!
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-13 12:44
Maybe If you could get free gprs this can be possible. Im not sure just assuming I will try itf for you on my friends phone since mine is not anabled to video call. But then I hope I will manage. I also think that if you are an mtn paygo subscriber you can try the apn mytn.co.sz and that is where Iam accessing. Its has benn free. Im not sure if you will have to get STARTER PACK AND ROAM after.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi