Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Nokia N73 vs SE K800i which is better?

Previous  123 ... 2526 272829  Next
Author Nokia N73 vs SE K800i which is better?
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-28 11:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-12-24 19:57:08, sasha-SE wrote:
Quote:
nd the phone itself allows for higher bitrates (although this means larger file size) and thus better quality...

you are wrong in that statement!!!! N73 have larger screen but K800 allows better videos(can handle higher bitrates)

In which case, you try setting the video bitrates for the k800i to 385 for video...127kbps for audio and see if the converted video will play properly..i think you'll find it won't...whereas the n73 will...so, in the words of dennis the menace...na na na na na!!...lol.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-12-28 11:44
So if you have 2 videos, 600Kb each, which phone will it play better on?
Sealy
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-12-28 12:33
Good to see that previous SE fans are willing to give such impartial advice!?!?!?!

For gods sake people both phones have won awards and there is very little to separate the K800i and N73.

Just buy the one you like the look of the most. You won't be dissapointed with either!!!!
rabmozzer
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-12-30 23:06
i finally got my k790a for x-mas!!!...and i have no regrets about asking for an n73 instead of the k790a...functionallity is great on k790a
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2006-12-31 17:54
Quote:

On 2006-12-28 12:33:38, Sealy wrote:
Good to see that previous SE fans are willing to give such impartial advice!?!?!?!

For gods sake people both phones have won awards and there is very little to separate the K800i and N73.

Just buy the one you like the look of the most. You won't be dissapointed with either!!!!

holy ***, I so agree... Esp'lly as n73 comes with symbian 3rd ed., so that, objectively speaking, it's in a bit of a different class - and note: I'm not saying better or worse... How long can you compare oranges and potatoes just because both contain relatively much vitamin c? If you want juice, you don't buy a potato, and you don't fry oranges... As an ex-nokia-hater I'm typing this on my e61, and I have zero interest how, say, m600 or moto's Q fare comparatively' because I think at the moment e61 IS IT and SE have nothing for me in that "class"/"style"/etc... All rather subjective of course. Or can, e.g., k800 let you listen to one song while you send another song via bluetooth to another phone while you browse the net and send an e-mail, and I could go on... So what the...***
happy 07 [addsig]
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-02 02:57
uummm! i think ASUS V80 mobile phone can do that...

its a java phone but it packs alot of whoopin.
typerlover
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-02 04:17
Both good phones, don't see the need for much discussion. Either one will do everything you want and make you happy.
Trentors
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-01-02 14:20
Well I did press the link "Discussion forum". I don't see why people are so afraid of discussing things - that is the whole purpose for crying out loud.

Also it is a good way for people to decide what phone is better. I personally use forums like this to find out if I am missing out on another brand since I don't have the means to test all phones. Especially Samsung is being neglected by me lately.

So please cut the "Don't discuss in this discussion forum. Hold hands and be happy without questioning". It is a very bad tendency and looking at where we are, it is also kind of idiotic
marcclifton
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-02 16:28

I agree - the subject is there to be discussed... but at what length before the issue becomes to specific or simply a slanging match.

As I mentioned before - these units are aimed at similar customers and its a matter of personal preference which one you stick with. K800i and N73 outperform one another in various areas and therefore it has to be down to preference.

I am now bored of my reliable old k800i and am looking for the next thing... sadly the N73 doesnt represent that to me, however, as I just fancy a change I may get one anyway... until the next big thing comes out.

One BIG issue for me with Nokia is that there is no update service online - thats a key reason why I stay with SE.

Kind Regards
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-03 05:46
@Marc Nokia does have a 'online' upgrade buddy :) althou I prefer to take the cell to the dealer - they are upgrading it for free. Try getting your facts right before posting to avoid confusion buddy :D

This message was posted from a N70-1
supers33d
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 20:46
Right I have now got both on hand and have to say the N73 is a very good system user phone and just like a k800i its very well styled. This has got to be the best styled phone on the Nokia Range.

Now for the good the bad and the ugly

N73

Good Points
-User Presentation (The Trick Is The Bright Menus And Quirky Icons)
-Very Well Designed (Best In The Nokia Class By Far and better than a N80)
-Well Presented Menus
-Excellently Designed Screen
-A Novelty Phone Good To Collect
-Very Well Equipped Ie 3G, 3.2MP etc....
-Great Video record and playback
-More Than 2gb Memory Support

Gremlins
-This Is The Worst Nightmare Cleaned the front screen got 2 Hairline cracks (with the lightest of touches)
-The Build Quality Is Not Up To SE Standards although improved from previous Nokias you get a few creaks from the battery cover
-Slow Menu Access also takes a while to take a foto which i thought the k800i was slow
-Nightshots and dark environments not a plus point
-Photos mostly produces blurry outputs (Could Have utilised the nice screen better)
-MP3 Player is not very fluid also could do with more refinement
-Although menu has good user ergonomics most of the hardware access is a little fiddly

K800i

Good Points
-A Very Well Designed Phone With Extensive Detailing
-Amazing Build Qulity And Very Well Put Together Very Densely Packed
-Superb User Engine
-Fast Quick Hardware Access And Very User Friendly
-Superb Camera Function
-Exceptional Camera Night Shots And The Xenon Light
-Super Clear Screen
-Excellent And Very Useable MP3 Player And Functions

Gremlins
-Memory Stick Micro Up to 1GB
-Video Recording Still Stuck with 176x144 resolution
-Misses A Megabass Function
-Joystick That Previous SE Phones Utilise (Although This Was The Main Influence Behind SE's Designs)

Over Both Phones I would Keep The K800i as its an excellent phone with excellent utilities, less gremlins and easier to keep in newer condition. But also liked an N73 as another phone which was the idea of being in possesion of both a novelty.
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-12 03:51
You seem to have missed the biggest advantage of the N73 - is a S60 phone ! Is like looking at my laptop and comparing it to other portable DVD players and while comparing the buttons, screen size, battery etc etc, failing to realize a laptop is actually a computer :D Never the less - nice comparision you've summed up there :)

JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 08:08
Quote:

On 2007-01-12 03:51:16, mario2004 wrote:
You seem to have missed the biggest advantage of the N73 - is a S60 phone ! Is like looking at my laptop and comparing it to other portable DVD players and while comparing the buttons, screen size, battery etc etc, failing to realize a laptop is actually a computer Never the less - nice comparision you've summed up there

Iv been using a E61 for a while now, I dont see the big deal with symbian!
Whats the point?
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 09:21
i recently used 2 me my friends n73's and trust me that thing was damn slow!once you open the cam cover it takes around 8 seconds for the cam to start! and even the menus are slow!my friend was cursing his n73 the whole time!i read a lot about n73s slow interface but never thought it would be like this!btw i dont know what firmware he was on.....
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 15:42
Well..my n73 isn't slow...your friends maybe slow possibly because he has left applications open etc etc.

To the fella who asked whats the point of symbian...do a little research and learn how to use your smartphone...there are so many different ways to really work your smartphone...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 2526 272829  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic