Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Nokia N73 vs SE K800i which is better?

Previous  123 ... 272829  Next
Author Nokia N73 vs SE K800i which is better?
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-08-15 13:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
admad

And hte multitasking, You were told it's better than N73, but You still resist to accept this.

Are you trying to be hilarious or what? You must r refering to foolhardy attempt by a K800 fan who tried to twist the accepted fact by saying K800 has a better multi-tasking system than N73. It is like saying K800 is better at multi-tasking than P990.

Not sure why some people seems so eager to propagate and defend a futile and untenable statement.

JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-08-15 13:47
I agree! Stupid comparisson!!
vicelord
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-16 08:19
thanks for all your feedbacks regarding the topic.....
i think i'll just give her my k800i then get the n73 for myself lol )

@voda

does the n73 support 2g og mini sd??? that would be great.....i think the k800i only supports 1g...

keep the discussion coming mates...........
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-08-17 05:09
n73 supports 2Gb mini-SD. And 4gb ones are coming.
And mini-SD price (per mb) is less than the half price of m2 card. So that is another incentive to buy N73.
crude75
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-08-17 07:01
Tell her to Go for the n73, thats the phone i want but don't have the cash (still in high school) so i will have to downgrade my choice to a nokia 3250, runs on the same symbian.

This message was posted from a WAP device

driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-08-17 07:33
Quote:

On 2006-08-15 08:58:42, solja786 wrote:
how about one word for the K800: Simpler
(at least for a person who doesn't need PTT, very complicated PIM, very complicated and slower menus (they mayb faster then the older s.60s but they r still slow)
Nokias S.60 are good but if u dont need all these features wats the use.. so if ur sibling doesnt need so many things jus get the k800..
and dont forget the random crashes etc. on the nokias.
Just my opinion..no offence to anybody

now you're just being desperate in defending the K800. i never used the Nokia but slower menu? is 1-2 seconds going to make a huge difference? I haven't read anywhere about the "random crashes". it's pretty obvious something caused it like overload of too many apps. "Nokias S.60 are good but if u dont need all these features wats the use.. so if ur sibling doesnt need so many things jus get the k800.." people buy the phone BECAUSE they want to use the features. and also, expanding memory is much cheaper as stated by other people. if people didn't need so many features they wouldn't even consider the K800 either and would choose a simpler phone.
vicelord
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-17 16:25
Hi mates......
She's going to get the N73, at least I can now personally tests the two phones side by side.........

Cheers..............
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-17 18:30
I find this an odd comparison. The N73 is a smartphone for a start, and Series 60 is still slow (screen drawing and other menu navigation). It's not terrible, but it's not Series 40 either.

The K800 isn't a smartphone and doesn't really multitask (it sort of does, but even the built in web browser can't be minimised, or at least not on the current firmware). However, while it's not smart - it's hardly lacking in functionality. The Email reader is arguably superior to the built in S60 one (but Profimail solves that), the RSS reader in the web browser is excellent, the actual web browser is superior to the Nokia/Safari one if you want fast rendering over a 'as the designer intended' view with the mini map feature. And, also, why have a separate WWW and WAP browser? You can schedule email and RSS better, and the K800 also blogs very well.

The picture editor, and in general, picture viewing on the K800 is better than the gallery feature on the N73 (and any S60 model). Video on the K800 is terrible, but playback is good on other content.

File management and file handling is more stable on the K800. The USB modem feature is new, and allows instant connection of a laptop to the net without having to run special software. It works well as a USB flash drive, although the N73 does this well too (but seems to crash both Mac's and PC's when you click on files/folders too quickly). Possibly a firmware issue, but updating that is a real PITA because you can't do it at home and must instead go to a service centre.

It's swings and roundabouts, but the K800 takes the superior photos. With the flash, you've got a good camera (but, for gods sake, use the right mode instead of auto when using the flash!) and BestPic is awesome. It takes a long time to even activate the camera on the N73, and the screen resolution is identical so I can't quite see why having a larger screen with chunkier pixels is somehow a good thing!

I'm trying to be impartial (I have both phones side by side here) and if I'm sounding too pro-SE then I will try and balance it by pointing out the fact that you can do so much more on the N73 with add-on applications. If you want this, or need this, there's no contest (you can, for example, use the Bluetooth keyboard to compose documents or emails) but for photography, music, speed and simplicity the K800 is the best phone on sale at the moment.

[ This Message was edited by: jmcomms on 2006-08-17 17:32 ]
Maffu
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-19 05:25
I find it weird how Nokia's using the 'Carl Zeiss' lens which is a Sony thing, while the K800i with the 'sony cybershot' brand doesn't use the Carl Zeiss lens. Wait Carl Zeiss IS a sony thing right?
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-08-19 08:29
The N73 is a DVBH phone!!
Far superior already with that feature...
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-08-19 09:06
Quote:

On 2006-08-19 05:25:47, Maffu wrote:
I find it weird how Nokia's using the 'Carl Zeiss' lens which is a Sony thing, while the K800i with the 'sony cybershot' brand doesn't use the Carl Zeiss lens. Wait Carl Zeiss IS a sony thing right?

no way, it's just a type of lens. plenty of camera use it.
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2006-08-19 09:26
defo supports a 2Gb bought one for £35 from ebay!!!

just find the N73 much much better than the K800i i also have in my hands! It may be slower in the menu's than the K800i but the blogger and the camera (in good light) the sound (both on speakers, which are stereo coz it has two of them, and on headphones!) is superb and the choice of software for the nokia is far superior (which i know is because its a symbian)...

Just a more finished phone all in all...
kultissim
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-08-19 09:44
Are you still there? Can i ask you questions about it?

This message was posted from a Nokia

jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-20 23:39
The N73 is NOT a DVB-H phone!

I did forget about the cool stereo speakers and surround effects. Maybe a bit of a gimmick, but good nonetheless. It's a shame the media player is so poor (the OS/firmware not helping, as it will quit the application if memory runs low - which does happen a lot even for relatively small things).

I feel it's unfair to make the comparison between these two models. The K800 is a self contained phone that is easy to use and does everything well.

The N73 has expandability and can be made to do a lot more, let down by a poorer quality, slower to activate, harder to customise, camera, combined with buggy firmware that will mean a trip to a service centre in due course.

I love S60 but feel the K800 is the phone most people will be comfortable with. We have many readers that don't appreciate the way Series 60 works like a computer (and as such you can swap tasks, and must consider available RAM to run lots of applications etc). Nokia could improve that by having a dedicated task switcher/memory management button on the phone, but that's a whole new discussion!

[ This Message was edited by: jmcomms on 2006-08-20 22:40 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-21 01:10
Hi all, there seems to be some confusion here and as i own and use a N73 which i chose over the K800 or M600.
It is S60 3rd edition so forget about slow menus and apps because that's just not true on this phone fact. The screen is the best i have experienced on any phone to date IMO, the media player is good for both music and video, plus the built in stereo speakers are actually good enough and loud enough to both listen to music and watch films with IMO, the web browser is better than Opera in just so many ways and lets not forget this actually is a fully functioning Symbian smartphone.
If you have a Yahoo account you get proper push e-mail no polling required as it hits your inbox it arrives on your phone and all you have to do is install it and enter your user name and password and it works. I haven't heard of any phones refusing to charge and being dead for no reason, they don't need firmware upgrades every other week and just for your information Nokia will shortly be offering OTA updates if and when they should become necessary.
It comes with an 1100 aMh battery which even with 3G and video gives excellent performance but if you devout SE fans can't be open minded enough to see whats in front of you that's your choice just don't slate a phone just because it's not a beloved SE because that's just plain stupid IMO. One last point no crashes or freezes yet either so i don't know if Mr Morris has a retail version or a network branded version but what he describes isn't the phone i use that's for sure.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2006-08-21 07:54 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 272829  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic