Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > To all W810 users

Author To all W810 users
Blade Runner
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-14 21:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have created a thread at SE Developer forum at THIS link to try to point our bugs and features requests closer to SE developers so maybe it will be a good idea to post your features and request there and to see if it will be answered in right way.

Good luck
GH688::T65::T68::T630::K700::K750::W810
maryus51
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-15 04:38
Man , i like the w810 as it is ,and maybe many others , soo , you're talking there for nothing .. But hope for you that SE will do a model as you want.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-15 10:49
" Can we please turn off this annoying sound when battery is low? "

why do u want to turn it off? its really useful imo
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-17 22:50
Overall, I love the phone, but I do have some very nit-picky things to point out.

When \"waking\" from power-saving mode, the phone only displays the time when the key is pressed - all other non-number keys merely display the desktop. This should be changed to any non-number key bringing up the time display; I believe it was this way on the T616 and S710a. (Some of us no longer wear watches because of the time displays on our phones!)

I'd like to able to make direct shortcuts to 1) specific applications, not just the Applications folder, and 2) specific folders within the File Manager, instead of just the File Manager itself.

The Remote Control function should be under Connectivity or Bluetooth, not Games Similarly, the Light function should be someplace more logical than the Organizer.

The Walkman and Radio functions can easily be thrown under the Entertainment folder, especially given the dedicated key. This isn't a \"must have,\" just a thought. It would be nice to have connectivity back at the top level of the menu...

The News Reader app contains a top-level feed called \"Dagens Nyheter\" that can't be deleted. I won't venture to guess which European language it is, but I don't speak it, so I want to get rid of it.

BTW, accessing the Applications folder (directly or via shortcut) produces a slight but noticeable lag, even on my F/W version of R4DB005.

Finally, does anyone else's D-Pad shortcuts reset themselves after every power-cycle? My \"up\" shortcut always wants to revert to Messages for some reason
bico
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-18 00:44
Quote:

On 2006-08-17 22:50:34, Hlcn Twst wrote:
:
:
:

The News Reader app contains a top-level feed called "Dagens Nyheter" that can't be deleted. I won't venture to guess which European language it is, but I don't speak it, so I want to get rid of it.

:
:
:

"Dagens Nyheter" means something like "Todays News", and it's the name of one of the major swedish newspapers. And the language is swedish.

[ This Message was edited by: bico on 2006-08-17 23:46 ]
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-18 15:43
Quote:

On 2006-08-18 00:44:39, bico wrote:
Quote:

:
:
:

The News Reader app contains a top-level feed called "Dagens Nyheter" that can't be deleted. I won't venture to guess which European language it is, but I don't speak it, so I want to get rid of it.

:
:
:

"Dagens Nyheter" means something like "Todays News", and it's the name of one of the major swedish newspapers. And the language is swedish.

Perhaps this is the Ericsson half of speaking up?
jairo28
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-08-18 17:32
?
I'm Powered By 810
Bianca
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-18 17:39
I have some issues too since the w810. Bought quite a lot of the new SE models since the t68i, most of them at the release (i even imported some). Now i bought the w810 (upgraded from w800i). So the upgrade was very small but i wanted flash menu's. Guess what.... Dutch models don't support flash menu's (at least not the unbranded ones). So i thought it's okay next firmware update it will be fixed. Well 2 or 3 updates later there is still no fix. And when you email them you get stupid standard answers.

Then there is the next point. When i update through SEUS i think i get Dutch language in the phone. Now they seem to have put the wrong update online so everybody here who updates only has the english firmware left (i myself don't mind but its the idea). But that is going on since the last update and they still havent fixed it. As more people update they all encounter that problem so its only getting bigger.
maryus51
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-19 04:50
Quote:

Overall, I love the phone, but I do have some very nit-picky things to point out.

When "waking" from power-saving mode, the phone only displays the time when the key is pressed - all other....

Well you can use the + / - keys , and the Play/Pause one for showing the time . And guess what. It displays you not only the time , even missed calls icon , and maybe more .

Is good buddy.

@Bianca

I am sorry for you , Aniways English is nice isn't it ? But i don't understand how come that unbranded phones have no flash menus ? ! ?

Cheers
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-20 15:39
Also... I want the Walkman player to only show the songs in the MP3 folder. Files in the ringtones folder should not appear in the Walkman app's track listing.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-20 15:51
But the mp3 songs belong in the sound folder, next to it, on that way can u set mp3 as a ringtone if it is

This message was posted from a WAP device

Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-31 21:31
Quote:

On 2006-08-20 15:51:13, BobaFett wrote:
But the mp3 songs belong in the sound folder, next to it, on that way can u set mp3 as a ringtone if it is

<p>
<i>This message was posted from a WAP device</I>

OTOH, I don't want my 64 kbps mono MP3 ringtones mixed in with the playback of my 256 kbps stereo AAC songs

One more for the app: When playing in Shuffle mode, and I hit the track-back button on the D-Pad, it currently shuffles to a completely new song. I'd prefer this to work like the iPod, where every press takes me back through the songs I'd heard, starting with the beginning of the current one. Hey, sometimes that one perfect song comes along, and you want to hear it again!
abbafan1972
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2006-08-31 21:37
Quote:

I'd like to able to make direct shortcuts to 1) specific applications, not just the Applications folder, and 2) specific folders within the File Manager, instead of just the File Manager itself.

Finally, does anyone else's D-Pad shortcuts reset themselves after every power-cycle? My "up" shortcut always wants to revert to Messages for some reason

I agree with the 1st point.

2nd point, I have had my "up" shortcut on camera for a while and it has never changed.
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-31 21:50
Quote:
2nd point, I have had my "up" shortcut on camera for a while and it has never changed.

Actually, my shortcuts have remained stable since my first post. Weird...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi