Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > I am so angry at Sony Ericsson (service) right now.

12  Next
Author I am so angry at Sony Ericsson (service) right now.
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-05 02:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
First this happened.

Then this.

And now...

I excitedly received my phone back today, after only 5 business days - well earlier than the 2-3 week period expected. I was far less excited to find my phone missing the entire back side of its housing, along with exposed circuitry, a dust-filled speaker, and a scratched up camera lens.

Clearly, you don't even have to have reached the Simian stage of Evolution to work for

I'll post again when I have pictures. Right now, all will do is have me send the phone back in for re-repair
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-08-05 03:13
Have more patience mate . . . everything will be OK - soon [addsig]
jingboyx
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-05 03:31
Thats really sad. I did have the exact same problem with my w550i ( white screen of death) on the 4th day, when i plugged into usb and my phone started flasing white and black se logo screen. I deliberately made it a point not to take it to the se service center as long as I am convinved that it was only a firmware issue. After givin it bout 10 mins for self-recovery, I then removed the battery and put it back after like 45 mins. It then booted! Then, right away i updated my firmware via OTA(gprs). I assume the OTA update feature must be available on your menu as well. Its much simpler(just a single press of ur joystick is enough) than using seus. It takes about 45 mins to fully update ur firmware. Ever since then, I never faced that problem ever again. It has been 7 months now and it still works without a glitch despite of my heavy usage. The only time i visited a se service center was to get my charger replaced as the internal wiring had snapped off.
I must say that you ve been extremely unlucky . I like the w810i a lot . It would sometime become my next phone.
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-05 05:59
Quote:

On 2006-08-05 03:13:43, JN wrote:
Have more patience mate . . . everything will be OK - soon

Read through my posted links. Then tell me exactly how much patience I should have left. Just know, I'm not directing this anger towards you, JN. I just really have no more patience with

Anyway, as promised, here are the grisly details:

First, here's what I found when I opened the box, and the envelope in which the box was shipped. Notice the stellar packaging

As if that were'nt bad enough, this is what I found when I turned over the phone Notice the scratches on the camera lens. What you can't see is all the damned dust.

The missing housing wasn't in the box...

...nor in the bag.

And if all they did was reflash the phone, why did they take off the bloody housing in the first place?!

Notice the "Successfully Repaired Product" box oh-so-ironically checked.

The last insult is that seriously thinks they can just give "fix" this same phone and give it back to me. Why is this even a question on their minds?

[ This Message was edited by: Hlcn Twst on 2006-08-08 17:35 ]
xan K
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-08-05 06:38
they have to be joking! or maybe they're not...
simply__me
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-08-05 07:43
Damn.. thats gotta suck...

How far is the service centre?

I'd personally go there and give them shit for doing that.
raj177
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-05 11:50
yea that is unacceptable for such a reputable company.
T610-T630-W800i-...K800i!
P800-P900-P910i-...P990?
PM
Posted: 2006-08-05 12:56
A couple of things....

That's one hell of a bad experience although I might suggest from personal experience that it's simply very bad luck on your part!

I would get onto your network directly. Don't forget that although it seems a good idea to deal directly with the manufacturer, they dont know you. I know that as a Sony Ericsson user they should bend over backwards but at the end of the day, they have no previous background to deal with. Now your network on the other hand are the ones who sold you the phone and probably charge you x amount of line rental per month. They are the ones who should bend over backwards to help you.

What I don't get however is one comment you made about the S700i regarding the photo quality. What exactly were you expecting from 1.3MP? I realise the phone is designed to look like a camera but, for what it is, the quality in my eyes is supurb.

The very best of luck!
The car in front is absolutely unique apart from the one behind it which is exactly the same. Murray Walker
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-05 17:02
FYI:

• this phone was purchased unlocked & unbranded from an independent, reputable mobile phone retailer
  • no US carrier has picked up this phone (yet)
  • the only service center in the US is about 1000 miles from where I live!

As for the S710a, the only picture problems (after some assistance) were indoors. The phone's responsiveness slowed to a crawl under these conditions. So slow, that the slightest movement of the subject when pressing the shutter button would render the picture a useless blur.
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-06 23:33
I added this note with my now re-shipped phone. I wonder if those nimrods can actually take a hint?
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-07 16:34
I called again today to see if I can get some satisfaction out of this. They said only that they've done all they can, and it's up to their repair center, PTS Electronics, to determine the fate of my phone (refurbishment or replacement). I asked if they could at least look into how this situation, like that for my S710a, spiraled out of control. They said no, all they can do is take notes on my dissatisfaction. So I have them one more note: \"Resolve this to my satisfaction, or I will never purchase one of your products again.\"

I now have a call in to the wireless repair supervisor at PTS Electronics. Maybe they, unlike , can get off their duffs and do something right. It's extremely sad that I have to be the watchdog over the subcontractor - why can't/won't they exercise any oversight on their own?
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-08 06:18
I had to disable some of the links due to bandwidth limitations. (My, aren't I popular.) Sorry
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-08-08 10:10
Couldn't you upload the pictures to esato instead? (There is a link at the bottom of the message input window, Attach picture) that you should use)
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-08-08 18:36
Quote:

On 2006-08-08 10:10:49, altemyr wrote:
Couldn't you upload the pictures to esato instead? (There is a link at the bottom of the message input window, Attach picture) that you should use)

Done Thanks for the tip. Too bad I can't attach my PDF file this way (or can I?).
nhs03
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-08-08 18:52
after reading your thread i am F'N terrified to send my k750! My K also went thru the whole white screen flashing, I called SE and they recommended to update FW but i did so and no change. When you sent your phone to get serviced, did they delete all the stuff that was on it? e.g. pics, contacts? Any info will help and sorry to hear about ur dilemma
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi