Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990 in my hand, Just ask your questions and get answers Here in a while

Previous  123 ... 101112
Author P990 in my hand, Just ask your questions and get answers Here in a while
muni39
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-29 07:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi...........

I have been using P990i for more almost 1 year now.

Recently I noticed that whenever I reply to any SMS, the received SMS is below on the reply screen therefore I have to delete the SMS received so that it does not become a long SMS.

Also I have noticed that while typing anything either through the QWERTY keyboard or the touchscreen keyboard the SPACE BAR is not working.

Can somebody assist me in fixing these two issues.

Regards,
Muni Mahajan
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-29 15:00
Lets talk abt the camera zoom ... What do you have mate ..... Digital or optical zoom?

This message was posted from a C1100
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-29 15:39
@muni39

regarding the sms reply problem - are you sure you are not pressing forward instead of reply? thats all i can think of.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2007-05-29 17:50
l

On 2006-09-08 04:33:05, gansmedia wrote:
How do you change the homepage on the P990......it automaticaly defaults to Sony homepage...and wont let you delete them....and put your own in. Whats up with that..I want to set my own homepage. Example goto Yahoo.finances.com

There are 2 ways for you to set your own homepage. The 1st is by using SMPro, you can set your homepage in 'info', but the homepage will only appear if it is launched from SMPro. The 2nd option is to create a web page shortcut on your FO shortcut grid (you'll be able to enter your own homepage when you select 'web page' from the shortcut menu). At the end of it, you'd be able to have 3 homepages which would be launched through 3 different ways (you'd have your network provider/SE homepage through the normal web launch, a customized homepage launched from SMPro and another customized homepage through the 'web page' shortcut in FO
faz649
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 21:26

i have never upgraded my firmware..(thats because i don't have windows xp service pack 2 on my computer to intsall the PC suite software) i have the original firmware shipped with teh unit

org: R2A05
cda: 162007/8 R2A04 - singapore ch/en

should i upgrade my firmware? i do have occasional problems like kern- exec errors and reboots to improve performance and odd freezes. but i seem to manage my task manger well enough to not occur these problems often. i would like to increase speed and stabilty and multi app usage.

when doing a firmware upgrade from the SE website do you have the option to choose which firmware to install (accoring to your cda)?

i would like to upgrade to the R5A16 or R4A13 as i read they are the most stable with least amount og bugs?

any insight or thoughts would be great. thanx
cporeaux
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 23:31
No, you won't be able 'normally' to update to the FW you want.

Reffering your CDA version, it will install the latest available on the server, nothing else.

But if the bugs 'availables' in the last FW don't tuch you (you are not uses to write big mail... you can update to the latest FW) Be aware that R5 has the bug of alarm with music like MP3.

Sorry.
faz649
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-07-02 05:14
can the p990 play games that are based on the previous version of symbian uiq?

i'm trying to find a good texas hold'em game for symbian uiq v3 but i can't, i have found ac ouple that were designed for the previous symbian version; thay can be played on the 900's and 910's... so logically the 990 should be also be able to support those games?

anyone have any experience with this or provide any insight
mastergp
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-02 05:47
"...Be aware that R5 has the bug of alarm with music like MP3. "

What does this mean? I noticed that the alarm sound of my P990 is very weak. How do we solve this?

Please help.

Thanks
lammy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-03 19:18
Strange, i discover that when answering calls, u cant access to the phone book and also many other functions like calculator... do u guys get the same thing? I just bought a P990i and still exploring. Can someone share with me how to turn these functions on when already in a call?
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-03 19:31
With the Flip closed, wait for the call to connect then go to "More" then navigate through the options until you reach "Main Menu" Icon. Everything else is accessible at that point.

Same with Flip Open. Choose the inverted double arrows icon for task manager.

By The Way: Anyone tried paring up this phone with an Apple iPhone yet? I picked up an 8G iPhone a couple days ago and I'm having trouble contacts via BT.

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T

[ This Message was edited by: BigFeat on 2007-07-03 18:34 ]
dzlata
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 14:10
Regarding post by Muni39 - in reference to SMS reply issue with the p990i including the original message in the reply - has anyone found a solution to this problem? The issue just started happening spontaneously - every time one replies to an SMS the original message is included. There appears to be no SMS menu to turn this off. Any suggestions? I've been going crazy having to delete every "replying to.... [original message here]" before I write a reply in order to conserve message character length. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!!!

Drew
michael the mage
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 16:47

On 2007-06-26 21:26:27, faz649 wrote:

i have never upgraded my firmware..(thats because i don't have windows xp service pack 2 on my computer to intsall the PC suite software) i have the original firmware shipped with teh unit

org: R2A05
cda: 162007/8 R2A04 - singapore ch/en

should i upgrade my firmware? i do have occasional problems like kern- exec errors and reboots to improve performance and odd freezes. but i seem to manage my task manger well enough to not occur these problems often. i would like to increase speed and stabilty and multi app usage.

when doing a firmware upgrade from the SE website do you have the option to choose which firmware to install (accoring to your cda)?

i would like to upgrade to the R5A16 or R4A13 as i read they are the most stable with least amount og bugs?

any insight or thoughts would be great. thanx

If you haven't done so already, I would change my CDA to World1 (unless you Need/Use Chinese!) and then upgrade to the very latest R9GA (phone)/R6E (Org.)!

I had one phone with Netherland and they never updated so far, so I changed the CDA and now enjoy World1 [addsig]
dbekia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-01 08:11
I would like to ask everyone that already bought this phone the following question: when you unpacked the phone out of its box, was there a protective sticker attached on the touchscreen or not?
I am asking everyone to try to remember this when they first opened the package because mine didn't have a protective sticker on the screen and it struck me as strange.
aseemseth
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-05-05 13:29
Can someone please help me pair my phone with windows vista and sony ericsson PC suite...

i keep getting broadcomm / widcomm driver problems .... vista is unable to locate drivers.

pls help

god bless
[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic