Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson "never miss a shot"

12  Next
Author Sony Ericsson "never miss a shot"
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 09:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony Ericsson unveils its global marketing campaign to launch the eagerly awaited K800 / K790 Cyber-shot™ phone

5 July, 2006 – London, UK – Sony Ericsson today kicks off its global marketing campaign for the new Cyber-shot™ phone with the launch of ‘Never Miss a Shot’, an action-packed TV commercial starring top female tennis players Ana Ivanovic and Daniela Hantuchova. The commercial goes live online today at www.nevermissashot.com and will be supported by an integrated global press and print campaign, point-of-sale, digital and viral marketing activities.

‘Never Miss a Shot’ focuses on a tennis match across the rooftops and skyscrapers between Ana and Daniela. The game begins when a sunbathing Daniela hears a tennis ball being hit by Ana on an adjacent rooftop; she immediately leaps up from her sun bed, grabs her racket and runs to return the ball, the match begins and a dramatic rally unfolds.

The city’s ‘roof-scape’ becomes the girl’s tennis court as they find themselves leaping from building to building, using the edges of the roofs as a base line and volleying over nets made from roof top advertising signs. A man in a nearby office block talking on his Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot™ phone looks out the window to see Daniela leaping down from the building above; he captures a dramatic image with one click of his phone. The advanced Cyber-shot™ camera module inside the phone means he gets the perfect picture and his colleague can’t believe he missed out on such an amazing photo opportunity.

‘Never Miss a Shot’ will be broadcast in 60, 30, 20, 15 and 10 second ad bursts. The commercial, breaking on TV first in Hong Kong (July 5), will then roll out world-wide over the next three months.

The agency behind the TV advertising is BBH; John Hegarty personally penned the script.

Director, Tom Hooper explains the creative behind the advertising; “This advert is about freedom to do what you want in life, taking away the rules and living it to the full. Tennis is a game normally constrained to a court, we took away those boundaries and let the game go where it wanted.”

Dee Dutta, CVP and Head of Marketing for Sony Ericsson explains “The freedom to be totally mobile, constantly in-touch and able to take and share quality pictures anytime, anywhere, is what the new Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot™ phone is all about. Rooftop tennis is about challenging people’s current perceptions of tennis as a sport bound by courts & nets and at Sony Ericsson we want to challenge consumers to think more innovatively about how they can use their mobile phones. This commercial also celebrates our association as the title sponsor of Sony Ericsson WTA tour."

The Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot™ phone is unique; no other camera phone on the market has an integrated Cyber-Shot™ camera module combining all the features found in a dedicated digital camera. Sony Ericsson’s BestPic™ technology makes sure you quite literally ‘never miss a shot’ by offering nine full quality 3.2 megapixel pictures from one click of the shutter. The camera takes four pictures before and four after the captured image, with all nine captured images displayed as icons on screen so users can scroll through the images and save the best one.

www.nevermissashot.com, the website built to host the online premiere of the advert, will also offer consumers a variety of interactive options including a specially designed ‘Pong’ tennis game where players can chose to be Ana or Daniela and play their own rooftop tennis match. Consumers are also invited to download content featuring all the action of the television commercial.

A second website www.sonyericcson.com/cyber-shot , offers consumers further information on the Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot™ phone. Using a series of ‘missed shot’ examples, the site teaches the consumers how using features such as the Xenon flash and image stabilizer on the Cyber-shot™ phone will ensure they ‘never miss a shot’ again. Consumers are also invited to post up their ‘near miss’ photos in a gallery, and are given a lesson in how the photo could have been better if taken on a new Cyber-shot™ phone.

The print and outdoor advertising campaign builds on the ‘Missed shot/Cyber-shot™ phone’ creative; featuring near miss photographs compared to the perfect shots taken by the Cyber-shot™ phone thanks to it’s Xenon flash, auto focus and other key camera features. These creative executions will be rolling out from July 5 in key Sony Ericsson markets around the World.

Both the www.nevermissashot.com and www.sonyericcson.com/cyber-shot websites go live on July 5.

shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 09:55
Can't wait to see it. But don't you think that in that situation the guy talking on the phone would choose to take a nice video clip? What a great way to promote the video recording capabilities... wait I forgot that it was just QCIF
Anyway apart from that it seems pretty good, sorta like the different SE ads.
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
Aldrew
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 10:02
@masseur
I expect better from you. Repeating other posts *shame*

http://www.esato.com/board/vi[....]=116617&start=1620#post1690631
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 10:09
thankyou, yes I saw that but its buried and whats more its a press release announced today worthy of its own discussion

so shall we stick to the topic instead of the novelty of having a dig at me
Aldrew
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 10:23
Sorry Massuer, just couldn't resist

Is this campain is starting early for SE? I'm sure on the K750 and 700 the phones were out for a month or so before I saw and ad's for them.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 10:53
cool ad but i think it will be even better if this ad tight up with spider man 3 teaser trailer...another version of the trailer which try to show peter parker wont miss a shot when spidey is swinging

hahaha there I go again on Spider man 3
turboy
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 14:52

Does anyone know where this video can be downloaded?

Vipera ammodytes
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 14:57
Ana Ivanovic hehe good to hear that! Great player and girl from my country!

This message was posted from a WAP device

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-05 15:00
se should make more tv commercials and start it ca 1 month before they launch the product. its a rarity to see se adv in newspapers, tv etc, aslong i see everyday... why is the se marketing so bad actually? in scandinavia i saw far more in 12 days, then in other countries within a year...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 15:16
the tennis part of the commercial was good.. but i thought the product placement kinda sucked... doesn't really make me want to buy the phone
Shaolinmonk on HOFO Official PHONE JUNKIE
My P1i Review
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152437&start=0
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-05 15:18
the idea is actually not that bad, but at k750 commercial se focused on the cam aswell, so k8 adv is on some way the same... next to it, i dont buy a fone cos of the cam, for qulity i take a digi cam... that fone has also nice features to offer, why no info about that in any commercials?
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 15:32
Quote:

On 2006-07-05 15:18:46, BobaFett wrote:
the idea is actually not that bad, but at k750 commercial se focused on the cam aswell, so k8 adv is on some way the same... next to it, i dont buy a fone cos of the cam, for qulity i take a digi cam... that fone has also nice features to offer, why no info about that in any commercials?

nothing wrong with focusing on the cam... i just thought it wasn't that effective
Shaolinmonk on HOFO Official PHONE JUNKIE
My P1i Review
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152437&start=0
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-05 15:44
i think the ad does much more then just showing a phone with a cam. its quite a good commercial, its abit scary for people who are afraid of highets. but once they start playing you just keep watching it.
and in the end you'll probably remember sony ericsson more then the K800i
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-06 02:55
Maria sarapova is ambassador of Motorola

imagine if she is not with Motorola.....SE will be able to ask her to show up in the ad too as SE is main sponsor for ATF.....she will be the screamer in the ad.

wonder if the camera lens can withstand her 100++ db screaming

Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-06 03:56
Too much tennis, girls, not enough phone.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi