Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > can a k800 access my adsl via bluetooth?

Previous  123 ... 678 ... 141516  Next
Author can a k800 access my adsl via bluetooth?
speedyandre
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-19 17:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ ziggyzaggy:
Maybe you can use system restore and reinstall the bluetooth drivers, Widcomm 5.x (patched) will do fine.
Maybe patching didn't work the way you did, try to do it when running in safe mode, then you can change things without drivers being loaded.

The pan connection you've got working is the first step, the k800 won't always show a BT data connection after this and I don't know why ....
If your phone has no provider- or simlock you should get a new data account (bluetooth pc connection) and be able to choose it instead of the gprs account.
Btw, I saw the new data account after flashing my K800 to R1JG001.

André
jazoo1985
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-21 18:34
Hi there,

I'm also have problems creating a bluetooth PAN network. I'm on a mac though running 10.4.9.

I can connect and pair my phone with my Mac but the additonal options don't come up in the data communication menu.

Any help trying to get this to work would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks
roleiko
K790
PM
Posted: 2007-03-27 05:37
I have a k790i.... this tutorial works for my cellphone too?

Thanks

Eu tenho um k790i... esse tutorial funciona com meu celular também???

Obrigado

speedyandre
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-29 18:05
You can try it on a K790 too, it's almost the same for this type of connections.

I don't have a Mac so I don't know if the drivers will support PAN ....
Maybe you can check the bluetooth services of the K800/K790 on your Mac, if it shows PAN or some other network connection then it should be able to connect

André
lal102
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 13:13
when I flash the mobile phone I could connect to service pan and access through the Pc Internet... but then I disconnect. The next day I try to connect to the Pan, and now it´s stuck at connecting... it doesn't do anymore....
Could someone help me? Sorry for my English.
TeenInvader
T650 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-15 05:26
Reply I was gonna post for : http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26857&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

I didn't on a M600.

Forget connection sharing. :mrgreen: Bridge you bluetooth connection and the connection you use to connection to the internet.

Here are the easy steps

1. Setup a PAN account in yo phone. I assume that you now how to do that, pair your phone with yo PC etc.
Make sure that u add that account into the prefared group and it is the first one in that group.

2. On yo PC the network connections you need to bridge nust not be shared.

3. Select both network connections (bluetooth network & the other LAN connection) -> Right click and bridge connections.

4. On you bluetooth control panel enable the network acsess service / option.

Thats it.

If it all done correctly, if u go to yo phone and try to connection you might get a little popup from you pc asking to confirm the connection.

And thats it it should work

If uz not understanding what i'm saying please ask.
TeenInvader
T650 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-16 12:08
Anybody tried this yet. Its the best thing that ever happened.
speedyandre
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-17 23:44
It works on my k800 by accident, lol
My laptop has Widcomm bluetooth drivers and I was able to share the wifi connection (bridge works too).
First the Widcomm drivers complained that my K800 is a personal access server and it didn't connect.
Now it just connects but only java applets have an internet connection.
The internal browser starts and stops at once ....
Probably the network lock still limits the ability to use bluetooth data connections

[ This Message was edited by: speedyandre on 2007-04-17 22:45 ]
ziggyzaggy
K800 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-04-21 18:24
Hello,

I was wondering if you could explain how exactly to do this bit in your explanaition, as im not sure of the details:

1. Setup a PAN account in yo phone. I assume that you now how to do that, pair your phone with yo PC etc.
Make sure that u add that account into the prefared group and it is the first one in that group.

Thanks

Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-21 18:32
This one is puzzling me too! i can access the Internet via blue-tooth through my P990 and W950 yet not the K800!

Can anyone who is successful in doing this please post instructions a six year old could understand!

ziggyzaggy
K800 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 18:43
If I load the hyperterminal program in windows then connect to the com port thing that connects to my phone and type in ATI5 and press enter it gives me a load of output and part of it appears to be internet profiles. One of them is listed as:

EIAC: 1,2,"PanNapDefaultAccount"

Should this mean I can see this in my data accounts list in my phone? Cos I can't. Was wondering whether the item should have appeared the first time i connected to my phone with the computer using the phones internet?

Also, can someone try this who hasn't tried any steps to get the pan networking thing to work on their phone to see if it appears after that?

Thanks
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-18 07:05

On 2007-04-15 05:26:43, TeenInvader wrote:
Reply I was gonna post for : http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26857&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

I didn't on a M600.

Forget connection sharing. :mrgreen: Bridge you bluetooth connection and the connection you use to connection to the internet.

Here are the easy steps

2. On yo PC the network connections you need to bridge nust not be shared.

3. Select both network connections (bluetooth network & the other LAN connection) -> Right click and bridge connections.

4. On you bluetooth control panel enable the network acsess service / option.

Thats it.

If it all done correctly, if u go to yo phone and try to connection you might get a little popup from you pc asking to confirm the connection.

And thats it it should work

excellent solution, it's a bugger to share internet connection when you already have an internet gateway and network already configured and don't want to change your whole network setup (or turn your workstation into a bloody dhcp server!)

Good stuff!
miki331
K790
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 00:01

Well I'm asking ..... I have really big problem with PAN. How to create a PAN account in my phone if I have ruter is a big mistery for me. Must I write getaway and DNS including my user name and pass of the ISP or it is something else?

And about PAN connection on my PC when it is on my bluetooth connection PC- phone drop down (only in dtat case)

Eny help would be appreciated!

[ This Message was edited by: miki331 on 2007-05-25 00:16 ]
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 01:14
hi there,after a while i'm interested in the issue again and i'm here to work on the damn BTinternet...

@speedyandre how are you buddy....congrats on your success...now after weeks that i'm looking at this issue from outside,the whole procedure really seems easy,but i know i'll get confused again as soon as i get involved...

@TeenInvader
thanks for your easy steps...the only step that i can't figure out is the fourth,would you please explane more???
and another question,i'm running PAN with drivers other than windows drivers(Blusoleil),would it be ok???

thanks...
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 01:22
@miki331

to run a PAN connection simply turn on your phone's bluetooth,pair it with your pc,and then start Bluetooth Personal Area Networking Service from your bluetooth stack on your pc,be sure to enable Bluetooth PAN network adaptor first(Control Pannel-->network connections)

hope it'll help
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic