Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > can a k800 access my adsl via bluetooth?

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 141516  Next
Author can a k800 access my adsl via bluetooth?
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-06 15:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
speedyandre

thanks for the link,but i'm wondering that was nothing to do with PAN...i've already browsed it,and the SE SDK here,it is 73 MB and i'm using a dial-up connection 5Kbps,you know how long it takes???:D
regular download work,but when i tried DAP,download fails...

hmm...can you help me how to have that data account on my phone with BT icon????
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-06 17:51
i'm out,using ADSL connection to download SDK....yeah,now it must work,heading home to try it....but what about PAN?it is useless to me????i cant use without GPRS?
speedyandre
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-06 18:46
On my phone the bluetooth data account appeared after having used a gprs connection.
I don't know if it would work when you create fake gprs settings, I suppose you won't get a working IP in that case.
But why don't you try it, maybe you'll have some luck
Once it works making a connection is very easy

André
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-06 23:50
certainly BT data account would have been automaticaly created with even fake gprs setting,because i managed to do that by sudden(can't remember how,but a data account with PC name and a BT icon was created,ofcourse it was locked and couldnt be edited,do you have any ideas on this account being locked?)

the thing important for me here,while creating a fake gprs account,is settings in details,for example PS ro CS,values,addresses...

uuhhhhh,i'm dying

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-05-24 23:57 ]
speedyandre
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-07 00:18
If the new data account did appear you maybe still can use it by choosing it as default data account.
On your pc you can check the PAN network settings for a valid IP, ie not 169.x.x.x.
Your pc will be the one to give the bluetooth an IP so check if in the PAN network connection dhcp is checked.
If all this doesn't work you can try someone elses sim in your phone if it has grprs

André
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-07 00:47
came to write a post and here you are,thanks for such quick replies....

wanted to say,i managed to start PAN connection again,though it is so unsteady and hard to connect,1 in 1000000 tries...but when i uncheck DHCP Server under PAN tab,it connects rather perfect,and the ip address is now 192.168.0.1 .i hope it is not useless huh???
but here you mentioned DHCP checked.oh something wrong again?you know,with DHCP checked,connection is so hard to be established,a dialog box keeps saying : "a network cabe is unplugged".......now that PAN connection is gained,should i establish a bridge connection between PAN connection and my dial-up connection?

uh damn,you know something ???i was tired of all these days ago and decided to restart the whole topic,and stupidly deleted that sweetie bluetooth data account...and now the problem is that it doesnt appear agaaaaaaain

you know another thing???:P (this is not related to topic,but really dissapointing)....here in country,there is just ONE provider which is totally poor:D,we didnt have even SMS service few years ago.a completeley primary gsm network....gprs?maybe next years.3G?i would be 90 years old video calling with my k800
i must admit that another service provider is setting up recently which offers gprs,but not still popular...

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-03-06 23:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-03-07 00:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-03-07 00:08 ]
speedyandre
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-07 11:49
I thought dhcp maybe could help but it doesn't
Your 192.x IP is a valid IP, it's meant for home networking and that's what we do here.
XP suggests to choose this IP when you enable connection sharing so it should be a good thing
I hope your pc's connection will show up again

André
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-07 13:29
i'm out again,downloading Java Development Kit required for running SDK....

so DHCP is not neccessarily checked???i mean i can continue having it unchecked right??

alright,then here i'm successfull on having a PAN connection,i also shared my dial-up connection...and one good news,last night in my bed just wanted to check things again,and guess what i saw,a data account with my computer name and BT icon:>....
this time also i have no idea what i've done to get this thing show up,by sudden again,but one question : now what should i do with these connections and account,though pc named data account doesnt appear in BT data Accounts under bluetooth menu,it's just shown in Data Communication menu,and again,it's Locked

i'd be so thankfull having a reply soon again my friend,cheers
speedyandre
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-07 14:51
You can create a new internet profile where you can choose Connect to (pc name) and choose this profile.

André
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-07 15:20
alright,i create a new profile and set it to PC.....and when i start browser nothing happens,it doesnt say Connection failure contact your operater or something,just nothing happens,tries to connect and goes back to standby....

i think its better i try SDK
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-10 22:15
I GAVE UP...
even SDK failed to run,an error pops up about writing registery,i'm so tired of all this,so i gave-up..
maybe some help from you mates encourge me...

hmm:(
speedyandre
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-14 22:11
A writing registry error means something is wrong in XP, I don't know what's going on with your pc ....
Maybe some security settings in XP are to strict ?

André
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-14 23:25
hmm,don't know...
just wondering,no k800 on SDK list...so it's useless?
ziggyzaggy
K800 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-03-15 22:22
Hello,

Is it possible to use the built in windows bluetooth drivers to get the pan thing working the way described with the broadcom drivers. If I install the broadcomm drivers it says it cannot see my bluetooth device even though it has to have seen it to install it, and the device is listed in its inf files. My device isnt actually compatible with the windows drivers, I forced them to work with it, however I can connect PAN to it.

When I do, it starts the gprs on my k800i, where should I go from there? No data accounts are created on my phone and I don't know if its possible to use internet connection sharing with the bluetooth network thing with the windows drivers.

Thanks for any help!!!

p.s. is there anywhere which gives information on how drivers are registered and assigned to devices in windows using inf files, I want to try and get the broadcom drivers working properly and I think messing round with the windows ones has messed up the drivers being assigned to the device.
RobDS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-18 13:33
Slightly off topic but hope somone can help,i've just bought a K800i and i setup a gprs connection fine using my XP laptop and the Ericcsson PC suite,problem is i also now need to setup a gprs connection on my other laptop which uses Windows ME and Sony's software doesn't support it.Does anyone know if there is anything else i can use to get a connection?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic