Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > can a k800 access my adsl via bluetooth?

Previous  123 ... 141516  Next
Author can a k800 access my adsl via bluetooth?
ddeia
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-18 21:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, well, i get to config the Widcomm Stack for my phone access the Internet through my ADSL connection, BUT ALWAYS, ALWAYS, the bluetooth driver asks for the damn PIN!!!!
There´s a way to record it as is on the Blusoleil Stack???

Thanks
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-18 23:51
well,i think i have this problem too...

no matter the phone is paird with pc or not,when i open my phone's browser,pc prompts to pair two devices...

the probable problem here is that when this happens,the pairing between pc and k800 is lost and this issue resaults to losing phone's Network Access authorization.i'm afraid if this is my problem...

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-09-18 23:11 ]
pedrops
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 21:18
Bem vinda Deia!
=]

@Decay
I don't know much about upgrading BT dongles.. don't even know if its really possible.. but try searching on google for it! I know there's a software that upgrade... but you'll need a firmware of a new BT dongle too...
tell me if you find something!

Cheers!
wakeyme
K800 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 18:56
i tried to follow every single steps that mad_wedge,pedrops n others in this thread just said but at last i discovered nothing.everything seems gonna didnt make it to me.as bluetooth icon in the phone,bridge connection n other stuffs...just make me mad..somebody who really know and technically into this things,please help me and i believe other users out there,solve this by giving steps-by-steps tutorial and better if u guys could attach some picture to illustrate the exact step..please guys...
escaphus03
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-05 20:29
i wanna active mi bluethoo whit my pc?

my world is nokia my picture and music is nokia, and your world as is ?

nokia rules.......
slugworth
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-06 02:22
the thing is with PAN its to secure and only really designed for BT Printers and BT Modems and PC-PC also with most phones PAN isnt avilable we do know serial is though so in theory you can make a connection via the phones "serial port" and bridge it this should work...

note

firewalls will block this traffic (software) so if you already have a router make sure its set to strong if a PC user.

this is really the only way i can think of with most phones also my BT is only V1.1 so im limited anyway

i would recomend trying this on earlyer windows (2000/ME) as they have no bluetooth support without a disc windows cant interfer with settings (like XP/vista does)

one last thing

I assume no responasbility for the damage to any hardware or software (inclds phone firmware/memory) if you try these methods be my guest but i can not offer any support its all logical theory
S500i 4GB M2
slugworth
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-07 03:37
ok so far i have tried the following methods on the folling OS's
Windows 2000

Installed the bluetooth kernal from my disc and installed serialport PAN and diamup network

Serial port is a dead end to my knowlage as i have never used a serial to serial conection i dont really know what im doing the pc was set up to host the serial incomming traffic and i also bridged the connection to my LAN no joy just dead traffic.

PAN: as the PAN on bluetooth phones are limited it just acts on my S500i and my old w810i as a NAT and connects to the internet on its GPRS modem and the PC uses that, i think this is mostly a phone software issue

Windows XP SP2 Pro same results with belkin bluetooth kernal and windows.

so in my opinion its not possable on J2ME phones as ia phone is a modem the PC will always use it to conect to the web not visa verser. although J2ME cant do this im sure a Sybilion might be able to or any smart phone as they offer server and client functions there could be a java app out there so good luck and this was fun to try if anyone wants to try again on there equipment all you need is a BT dongal, Internet and a mobile

Set ur PC to Host Incomeing conections on w/e COM port your phone is using on BT. pair and wait. in theroy if the phone is a client iit should be able to use the ethernet/wifi/USB modem traffic and the PC should act as a 2nd NAT/network server/internet gateway

also i feel an issue is with the browsers as there are desgined to recive PD/SD from GSM/GPRS not pc traffic over ethernet/BT. as i said they maybe java software out there so please feel free to prove me wrong
S500i 4GB M2
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-07 09:45
you are dead wrong. I have had this working and sat in my lounge room everynight browsing the web with my handset, using the adsl internet on my computer via bluetooth PAN. It works and it works brilliantly.

Where the problem is, is that Bluetooth software has not been well designed to support PAN internet sharing. A certain version of widcomm works, and very few other bluetooth stacks (including other widcomm versions) work. So I don't think this is an SE or BT PAN issue but an issue with the bluetooth dongle vendors who are cowboys and wouldn't know a standard if it slapped them in the face.
slugworth
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-07 16:24

On 2007-10-07 09:45:20, max_wedge wrote:
you are dead wrong. I have had this working and sat in my lounge room everynight browsing the web with my handset, using the adsl internet on my computer via bluetooth PAN. It works and it works brilliantly.

Where the problem is, is that Bluetooth software has not been well designed to support PAN internet sharing. A certain version of widcomm works, and very few other bluetooth stacks (including other widcomm versions) work. So I don't think this is an SE or BT PAN issue but an issue with the bluetooth dongle vendors who are cowboys and wouldn't know a standard if it slapped them in the face.

cheers wedge but as i said its a ery limited test lol and im no expert glad you have yours working im using a belkin v1.1 a very early BT adapter i think im gonna get one with A2DP next and better PAN support
S500i 4GB M2
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-07 23:55
Sorry buddy, I thought you were calling me a lier

(I had stated clearly in earlier posts that i works, but it's probably a way back in the thread now)

In truth it's very frustrating, since SE say it works (and we know it does with the right version of widcomm) yet it seems very few adapters bluetooth stacks actually work with PAN network sharing, but all seem to support using the phone as a modem very well.

The cynic in me wonders if network providers have made sure bluetooth pan internet sharing is dodgy to force people to use gprs!
slugworth
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-08 10:48
wouldnt suprise me in anyway shape or form lol
S500i 4GB M2
pedrops
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-16 05:35

In truth it's very frustrating, since SE say it works (and we know it does with the right version of widcomm) yet it seems very few adapters bluetooth stacks actually work with PAN network sharing, but all seem to support using the phone as a modem very well.

The cynic in me wonders if network providers have made sure bluetooth pan internet sharing is dodgy to force people to use gprs!

Hey Max!
I think the new deal is phones like W960, with WiFi... than you can have a real broadband on your phone!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-16 12:32
That's quite correct. wifi is a whole different story. Wifi supports a proper tcp/ip connection and is designed from the outset to carry network traffic. Bluetooth PAN is an effort by the Bluetooth group to extend the usefulness of Bluetooth. However Wifi will likely replace Bluetooth for this sort of application.

Bluetooth might remain or be replaced by WUSB (wireless usb) for communication between small devices.
CruSifiXken
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 22:24
Any idea how to make this work using a K850i and Windows Xp SP2?

Don't really see PAN settings on this cellphone....
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-21 00:55
I've been trying to get this working on my K850 for 2 days, but no joy. [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic