Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > can a k800 access my adsl via bluetooth?

Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 141516  Next
Author can a k800 access my adsl via bluetooth?
pedrops
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-25 07:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ Speedyandre

I've been trying to manage the PAN access... but it's really complicated to set it up.

I'm using WindowsXP SP2.
BT Dongle encore [2.0 class 1 + EDR bla bla bla with blusoleil stack]

I've read people saying to:

- Start PAN service at the bluetooth software [Blusoleil in my case]
- Select the PAN network adapter conection, and the LAN conection and bridge.

**I can't do this... cause when I do, my PPPoE conection drops... and don't connect till i undo the bridge.

The thing is, I can start the PAN service on my PC, so what is the step to create the bluetooth data account?

- Do I have to enable "bluetooth internet" under "bluetooth" on k800, and use a profile of my operator?
How does the BT profile is created? When I get the PAN to access the internet trhu my phone?

I have a "neverbranded" k800 [bought it from SE directly]

so nobody locked any feature.

No BT profile is created.

So I've tried another thing someone said here, the Networking Wizzard... The interesting thing in this is that it does create a data profile in the phone

Than I tried using this profile instead of the BT profile...

I don't know what I did, but it worked for a while... when I started PAN service and launched the internal browser, it connected [but a globe appeared in the phone]

I had no credits [$] to access the net [at least i thought]... but it worked.. it connected and I went to SE web page, surfed a while [but it was always disconnecting and connecting]
and suddenly, it stoped working

I'll post some print screen with my network conections

There is a conection called "Conexão de entrada" wich allows Virtual Private Network
In the devices allowed to connect I can choose the LAP [lan access point] modem, and a bluetooth modem
the LAP modem was created from Bluesoleil, the Bluetooth modem i installed from SE drivers.

Can I go trhu this?

also, on my bluetooth software there's an option in PAN tab, the work mode, which one i choose?

And here are my conncetions
1 - My PPPoE to connect to the net
2 - My bluetooth PAN connection with the PAN Network Adapter
3 - My LAN connection, realtek ethernet adapter conected to my ADSL modem

My LAN is set to IP 192.168.0.1
My PAN to 192.168.50.1

I cant bridge, otherwise it drops the PPPoE

shall I share it?

What can I do to get this ffffff******** PAN access to work?
pedrops
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-25 09:42
Hey, I think I'm almost there

First of all

UPDATE YOUR PHONE SOFTWARE.

I finnaly got an update available from SEUS.
Updated my phone, and guess what, the nice BT profile was there.

Its simple as said it was, when you start the PAN service on your bluetooth software , and than check under >>Data Communication >>Data Accounts >> ^^[your PC name]

So now i set the Internet Profile, and Java Profile, bridge LAN and PAN.... and

nothing
=[

My bluetooth software has the option under
>> Work Mode to
-> Set up Bluetooth Personal Area Network with an option to Enable DHCP server

or
-> Access LAN Network with an option LAN Adapter : [Here appears my Enthernet Adapter connection]

*and when bridged LAN+PAN
[appears the bridge connection as selectable]

What do I select?
Set up the PAN with DHCP server or Access LAN thru Ethernet Adapter/or bridge and select here the bridged connection?

If I share the internet connection, it's the PPPoE to share or the LAN? Selecting the bluetooth PAN adapter connection as local connection?

[should I post some print screens?]

[ This Message was edited by: pedrops on 2007-07-25 08:48 ]
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 16:08
I decided to waste my time again after seeing this..
All i could find was ,the phone always broadcasts an ARP asking who has 169.254 /24 (Some automatic private address) and asks to tell 0.0.0.0..

This is what happens when i try to DHCP the PAN..
I know this is some problem with DHCP.
but seems im not good enugh in networking to find a solution..

If i try to set to access the lan network,it always refuses to connect and broadcasts the ARP for couple of time and then the PAN disconnects..

pedrops
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 23:44

On 2007-07-26 16:08:08, shyam335 wrote:
I decided to waste my time again after seeing this..
All i could find was ,the phone always broadcasts an ARP asking who has 169.254 /24 (Some automatic private address) and asks to tell 0.0.0.0..

This is what happens when i try to DHCP the PAN..
I know this is some problem with DHCP.
but seems im not good enugh in networking to find a solution..

If i try to set to access the lan network,it always refuses to connect and broadcasts the ARP for couple of time and then the PAN disconnects..

Hey man, I could get it working.

to help you I need to know some things

what are your system settings?
1 - pc hardware;
2 - windows version;
3 - bluetooth dongle brand;
4 - and the most important What bluetooth stack do you have?
stack = [drivers + software] *that came with the dongle*

also take a look here http://www.google.com/search?[....]urceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

see the first page that appears
=]

[ This Message was edited by: pedrops on 2007-07-26 22:51 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 01:30
this what i did to get mine working:

1. setup paired connection between pc and k800
2. go into network settings on pc and enable "bluetooth Network" (using the Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver)
3. Bridge the local area network and the Bluetooth Network
4. In bluetooth settings go into properties of the K800 and tick "Network Access" (authorisation tab)
5. On the K800, in bluetooth settings/my devices, select the computer and "allways Allow".
6. then go into bluetooth settings on pc and attempt to start the PAN Network Access Point (this didn't work - it just kept trying to connect on the phone but wouldn't) - even though it doesn't work, it creates a data account with the name of your PC in the Data Account settings on the K800. Disconnect the PAN Network Access Point service
7. On the phone, go into internet profiles and create a new profile, using the new data account (the one with your computer's name on it). Set this profile as the default profile.
8. On the phone, go into the browser, the phone will auto connect to the computer and you will be browsing the Internet using the computer!

If you have a manual IP setup on your internet connection on the PC, this may not work. But if you get DHCP off your broadband router this should work for you too. (note this method works WITHOUT having to share your internet connection - that's why the two networks are bridged)

pedrops
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 02:10
Yep, that's right

but you can only get this bluetooth options* with the Widcomm stack, and not with Bluesoleil

If you have IVT Blusoleil Stack you'll have to install Widcomm stack

You can follow the "how to" from here http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=342643

althoug, you will have to download a different version, search at Isohunt for Widcomm 5.0.1.801

the patcher v2 you can download from the guide.

On my PC bridging PAN and LAN didn't worked... my broadband kept dropping every PAN access

so, maybe you'll have to share your broadband with your PAN

For some, bridging is the way, for some others, sharing is the way.
And you MUST have Widcomm stack for this.
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 07:19
owww, still dont get it..

you say i hafta download other widcomm drivers other than that off what showed in the forum (gsmhosting). then download the patcher V2. which will obviously not work because its for 5.10 versions.

i cant make a connection between my phone and PC. *toinks*
can sumone lay it out step by step... the one with gsmhosting is a step by step guide in installing a fresh bluetooth drivers. how can we manage a connection via DSL. (one more question, will all these work when your PC is on a LAN)
"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
pedrops
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 07:31
@rockygali

First of all

What Bluetooth software do you have?
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 08:17
@pedro

first i had Bluesoleil, and since youve mention that it will not work with BlueSoleil, i tried downloading WIDCOMM, 5.0, but that didnt work either, now ive found a 5.1 version.. still downloading and giving another try.

"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 09:08
that's a bitch about bluesoleil rocky, good luck with the latest download.

once you get a bluetooth stack that works with PAN, you can do it on a LAN by bridging the Local Area Network connection and your bluetooth PAN connection.
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 09:10
tho i just cannot find this option on K810

2. go into network settings on pc and enable "bluetooth Network" (using the Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver)
this one --> 4. In bluetooth settings go into properties of the K800 and tick "Network Access" (authorisation tab) <--- this one!

yep. at first i thought they were fine... coz theyre easy to install and connect..

download is finished and im about to give it another go.

[ This Message was edited by: rockygali on 2007-07-27 08:44 ]
c_vignesh
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 10:08

On 2007-07-27 01:30:03, max_wedge wrote:
this what i did to get mine working:

4. In bluetooth settings go into properties of the K800 and tick "Network Access" (authorisation tab)
5. On the K800, in bluetooth settings/my devices, select the computer and "allways Allow".
6. then go into bluetooth settings on pc and attempt to start the PAN Network Access Point (this didn't work - it just kept trying to connect on the phone but wouldn't) - even though it doesn't work, it creates a data account with the name of your PC in the Data Account settings on the K800. Disconnect the PAN Network Access Point service
7. On the phone, go into internet profiles and create a new profile, using the new data account (the one with your computer's name on it). Set this profile as the default profile.
8. On the phone, go into the browser, the phone will auto connect to the computer and you will be browsing the Internet using the computer!

If you have a manual IP setup on your internet connection on the PC, this may not work. But if you get DHCP off your broadband router this should work for you too. (note this method works WITHOUT having to share your internet connection - that's why the two networks are bridged)

First of all I have a K550i ..and my laptop has Win XP Home with SP2 with microsoft bluetooth drivers installed...I have a Broadband connection using PPPoE

Now I cant get your STEP 2..and acc to ur STEP 3 -> I dont have any Bluetooth Network so I tried to select my LAN and Bluetooth Network Connection under PAN but there is no bridge option

In the phone I have a Data Account with my Laptop Name...but when i try to click on it it says Locked...

Can u provide me a step-by-step tutorial to setup the connection..

THANKS for your HELP
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 10:30
if you dont have Bluetooth Network icon, i suggest you do it all over again.

it happened to me... so what i did was to install the driver mentioned in the tutorial and so far i got it all working..

if you want to Bridge connections, you have to select 2 networks.

you hafta be patient coz this Headset Audio drivers take ages to install..

zzzzzzz

-------------------------------

:: EDIT 2 ::

thats it. im almost there.. just cannot establish a legit connection.
i mean OperaMini on phone is already initiating contact with PC, and PC recognizing it.

i havent done the BRIDGE. tho my Bluetooth Network is shared. is that right?!

[ This Message was edited by: rockygali on 2007-07-27 09:53 ]
c_vignesh
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 13:58
When I try to bridge my Bluetooth Network connection and LAN it says I need two High speed connections to be able to bridge and when I select them both and right click there is no bridge option
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 16:21
Ok,Thanks for the guides and links.
Now i have widcomm installed and when i try to connect PAN,this error appears

So how do i make my phone the client or get rid of this error?

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us - Winston Churchill

[ This Message was edited by: shyam335 on 2007-07-27 15:22 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic