Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K800 Firmware Overview

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 115116117 ... 302303304  Next
Author K800 Firmware Overview
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 11:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Updated via the seus middle east ,now opera bugs have gone away,joystick press cant get to menu if clock screensaver on,games are faster
Blutarsky
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-09 12:37
Does anyone knows if in R1ED001 the following bugs are fixed?

1) When emptying pictures from camera folder (Memory phone) photo counter is reset

2) SMS are stored in the SIM instead of phone's memory

[ This Message was edited by: Blutarsky on 2006-10-09 11:38 ]
Spawn
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 12:44
Quote:

On 2006-10-09 08:37:10, Psycho Dave wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-09 01:48:09, sapporobaby wrote:
@Psycho Dave

Don't you think it would have been a bit more informative to say what your "problem" is other than not saying what you problem is?

Does your phone answer calls, sends and receives SMS, MMS, receives calls? If so then it would appear that it is working quite fine.

Are you blind?
It says "When I try to use a Application as a wallpaper it says "Empty folder". Any ideas?"

To explain it more when you select Application under Wallpaper you get a window saying "Empty folder", thats it. You cant select any application to use.

You might not se this as a problem but I have bigger demands on my phone then you. By the way, I can recommend this phone for you and yes you can only call with it...

Chill the hell out, no need to be so rude to someone. All he said is if your phone makes calls, receives calls and receives and sends sms/mms then the phone is fine.
Geez some of you people in here need lessons on being polite, i find this more pretaining to the foreign people we have here ie their first language isnt english. I suggest you sell the phone and dont ever buy another cell phone...you seem incapable of using one....people like you are dangerous, moreso when you have a cellphone in your hand.

Just for the record i have the same problem as well, cannot use an application as a wallpaper but im kinda wondering why would you want to use an app as a wallpaper or screensaver??. As it is i dont really care about using an app as a wallpaper or screensaver, i have a nice animated matrix one that does the job superbly.

[ This Message was edited by: Spawn on 2006-10-09 11:47 ]
farkasg
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 12:59
I do not agree with that 100%...

I agree that it is useless to use an app as a wallpaper, but the phone which has mp3 player, camera and so on it is for music listening, taking pictures and so on.

You pay for that for SE, and also pay for that to update the phone and to be relatively bug free. It is true that no written words that SE MUST release a firmware, but if there is a function in the phone to update over the air people want to use it.
If it is not possible do not put in the phone you sell and do not advertise with that...

If you buy an expensive car with a very fine music system and it sounds like a mono radio, you would be very angry I think...

If you buy an relatively expensive phone you expect something for your money...

[ This Message was edited by: farkasg on 2006-10-09 12:00 ]

EDIT:
BTW I think K800i is the BEST phone i've ever had!!! So keep going

[ This Message was edited by: farkasg on 2006-10-09 12:06 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 13:19
Quote:

On 2006-10-09 05:25:15, patrick_teo wrote:
The Sync summary does not indicate whether it is due to the phone or computer. Where can I set the OBEX timing on my computer? I am using Win XP2.

I don't think you can set the OBEX timing. It is probably a communications error as the timing is usually set by the software. Have you done the customary, turn off and on the phone, un-install and re-install the software? I am not a Windows person, Mac and Linux so I can not be much help there.
Sorry.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 13:23
Quote:

On 2006-10-09 08:37:10, Psycho Dave wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-09 01:48:09, sapporobaby wrote:
@Psycho Dave

Don't you think it would have been a bit more informative to say what your "problem" is other than not saying what you problem is?

Does your phone answer calls, sends and receives SMS, MMS, receives calls? If so then it would appear that it is working quite fine.

Are you blind?
It says "When I try to use a Application as a wallpaper it says "Empty folder". Any ideas?"

To explain it more when you select Application under Wallpaper you get a window saying "Empty folder", thats it. You cant select any application to use.

You might not se this as a problem but I have bigger demands on my phone then you. By the way, I can recommend this phone for you and yes you can only call with it...

Psyho is the right word for you, as well as a few more superlatives however, your post said nothing about using an application as a wallpaper. You posted your entire phone configuration data and then asked the question: does anyone else have this problem. How stupid is that? You failed to mention your problem. I guess you were too busy being Psycho. If you are that bad off, get some help. Mental that is.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
farkasg
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 13:26
What is PM for?

Chill out.... it is for everyone....

Anyway Psycho had right, he quoted another post, about the wallpaper app, and in the same post he asked that anybody has same problem....

Another useless argue....

[ This Message was edited by: farkasg on 2006-10-09 12:29 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 13:38
Quote:

On 2006-10-09 12:59:20, farkasg wrote:
I do not agree with that 100%...

I agree that it is useless to use an app as a wallpaper, but the phone which has mp3 player, camera and so on it is for music listening, taking pictures and so on.

You pay for that for SE, and also pay for that to update the phone and to be relatively bug free. It is true that no written words that SE MUST release a firmware, but if there is a function in the phone to update over the air people want to use it.
If it is not possible do not put in the phone you sell and do not advertise with that...

If you buy an expensive car with a very fine music system and it sounds like a mono radio, you would be very angry I think...

If you buy an relatively expensive phone you expect something for your money...

[ This Message was edited by: farkasg on 2006-10-09 12:00 ]

EDIT:
BTW I think K800i is the BEST phone i've ever had!!! So keep going

[ This Message was edited by: farkasg on 2006-10-09 12:06 ]

You made an excellent point. Excellent.

The k800i is designed primarliy around telephony, i.e. make and receive calls. Then they throw in the SMS, and MMS features, then the web surfing features, etc..... In all of these "bugs" not one of you has complained that you can not make or receive calls. Nor has anyone complained that they can not send and receive SMS, or MMS. Most of the complaints (lack of a better word) revolve around cosmetic issues, small functionality issues that are not core functionality related. The k800i is the largest cellular compromise on the market right now and that is the way it is supposed to be. Sure you can have a 10 megapixel camera, or HD Vid cam built in but who wants to pay $2000 for a phone. Sure there are bugs and issues but for the most part SE fixes these in due time, and not particularly in a time many deem not soon enough. Which leaves us with the option: to pay for an upgrade or not. Quite simple. I had the money, credit card and opportunity so I paid, flashed my phone and moved on. I even gave a credit away to someone that did not have the same opportunity that I had, simply because they were in a less fortunate situation. There are MANY here that do nothing but hunt for bugs so that they can complain about them and increase their post count. Anytime you buy a multifunction phone you are going to have problems. BOTTOM LINE. If you can not live with this, then it is best for your sake and that of others that you do not buy the phone, and be happy with a lessor model that does not offer too many features that can be overwhelming.

sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 13:43
Quote:

On 2006-10-09 13:26:06, farkasg wrote:
What is PM for?

Chill out.... it is for everyone....

Anyway Psycho had right, he quoted another post, about the wallpaper app, and in the same post he asked that anybody has same problem....

Another useless argue....

[ This Message was edited by: farkasg on 2006-10-09 12:29 ]

Exactly.

I was trying to find out his problem because it seems that he was talking about the EROM issue be WE ALL know that this is really no issue even with or without the upgrade and I was going to tell him that he did not need to worry about it as my phone is still on the old EROM and working without incident.

mwarner
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-09 13:57
Updated the first post with the most recent observations. Thanks to all who have found new fixes and/or improvements - most notably kalleboo and aremaboy.
GavinAshford
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 14:37
Psycho Dave:

how did you install the application? by using the .jar file or the .jad file?

you do need to use the jad file as this sets the installation to enable it to be used as a standby app.

Gavin

edit:
i just tried installing it on my phone (firmware: R1CB001, not latest) and it will install fine using the .jar file but if i try to use the .jad to install it, it says "operation failed" i suspect that the line in the .jad file that makes it fail is the "SEMC-StandbyApplication: Y" at the end and this feature is added in the new firmware.

[ This Message was edited by: GavinAshford on 2006-10-09 13:45 ]
presto
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 15:50
Is the update released for the UK networks yet? Especially T-Mobile...
GavinAshford
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 16:14
Not yet. Generic Firmwares will be most likely released first then the branded versions for various operators, probably best asking t-mobile if they're planning a revised firmwares.
mwarner
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-09 16:16
> Is the update released for the UK networks yet?

No, not as yet. I'll update the first post as soon as I notice updates coming in for UK phones.

If anyone manages to update their UK K800 then a PM would be much appreciated.
vacheron
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 17:36
Does anybody know , why there is an option "Continue anyway" in SEUS , as i have the latest firmware installed ?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 115116117 ... 302303304  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic