Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Get Rid of hissing noise

Previous  123 ... 343536  Next
Author Get Rid of hissing noise
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-19 11:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
well aremaboy, they are smart enough... (marketing wise that is)

and these (Darkmen & others) boys are really cranked enough to go deep inside our phones and give us users what we need most...
"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-19 12:40
glad you peeps liked it.........it was no big deal. Like tupac said its just the R1L drivers with a few modifications......Now the thing is R1L sound quality cracks up at higher volume with mega bass. I'm working on a R1BC-R1L hybrid that combines the psoitives of both.....I have to do it with a bit editor...like on the moto phones.....in the middle of exams so will post up brand new drivers sometime next month when my exams are done with....for now just upload these drivers...no hissing for me and sound does'nt crack too much.....but if you do hear the hissing again replace with the previous drivers. Just a quick replace should do...no need of deleting files etc...
http://rapidshare.de/files/23480234/Without__Noise.rar.html

BTW....please DO NOT hack your settings.xml sound file cause then at higher volume your songs are bound to crack.

and....could somebody help me out and try to get me the W550 acoustic drivers...lets try to get some stereo widening on our phones shall we?;)

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2006-06-19 11:42 ]
kenjibatusai
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-19 13:54
@aksd

I was a little annoyed with the hissing sound, but now it is almost gone.

BTW, can you do something with the LED to make it like a real flash???
I mean, ready to light when you take the picture and not always on.

Thanks man You're the best
X10 mini
paternoster
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-19 14:15
@aksd

So you actually modded the drivers? COOOOOOOL

I look forward to your R1BC-R1L hybrid.

Good luck with your exams
paldrive
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-19 22:31
Quote:

On 2006-06-19 12:40:06, aksd wrote:
for now just upload these drivers...no hissing for me and sound does'nt crack too much.....but if you do hear the hissing again replace with the previous drivers. Just a quick replace should do...no need of deleting files etc...[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2006-06-19 11:42 ]

So should "Without__Noise" files need to have previously installed "No hissing" or are "Without__Noise" standalone files ?

BTW are "No hissing" files taken from R1L too?

Thanks for your outstanding work! Hope to listen to widening stereo soon...

[ This Message was edited by: paldrive on 2006-06-19 21:35 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-20 02:04
the settings are that way by se because they have already found what they think is the best compromise. People complained about the loudness (ie: it wasn't) of the music player, and now that's fixed and you get hissing at low volume. So as far as I can see if peeps just accepted that the media player doesn't have the output of a jumbo jet, then SE wouldn't have seen a need to change the driver.

I hope aksd finds that sweet spot. But I also think I'm very happy with my K750 as it is, the audio is way loud enough, I don't get hissing sounds.
ShaniLa
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-20 04:27
If I add these files and I do a masters reset, will I have to re-transfer? I know that my new menu icons won't change as well as my customized.xml

Thanks!
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-20 05:34
For without noise you need nO hissing too....no hissing is a set of R1L and R1AA drivers.....while without noise is a replacement of certain R1L and R1AA drivers by R1BC drivers for better performance....I'm trying to get loudness high enough with mega bass switched on...That will have to be don later on like I said.

A master reset "will not" reset your driver changes.
bbjuju
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-20 06:57
Some people speculated that the hissing noise is and has always been there. But SE people increased and improved the volume (loudness level) of the player and the hissing noise becomes more audible in that sense. So, the louder the player, the louder the hissing noise.

So my speculation is, if those people speculated correctly, if the hissing noise is gone by this trick, is the volume of the player hence compromised? Has anybody who has done this trick noticed any change in the loudness of the player overall, not just the change in the hissing noise alone?

If my speculation is correct, the question now is: you want a louder player with hissing or you want a softer player without hissing.
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-20 07:21
bbjuju has pretty much summed it up in my view. I certainly noticed the crackling/hissing in the later firmware’s. However, I helped someone upgrade their w800 from R1L to R1BC a little while ago. Before doing so I made a point of listening to several MP3's and I could definitely hear slight crackling/hiss in R1L. I could also tell that R1L's volume was much lower. After updating I tested the same MP3's. The Crackling/hiss was the same but more obvious. The volume in R1BC is much louder - hence the increase in crackles/hiss. I'd rather have the louder volume.
tupac1
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-20 08:02
u guys are wrong. this fix is BOTH loud and much less hissing. great job. no decrease in sound whatsoever, from what i can see he only used some files from the acoustic r1l not all of them so the volume is the same as the latest firmware. try it yourself

[ This Message was edited by: tupac1 on 2006-06-20 07:03 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-20 09:43
You chaps dont understand what exactly the drivers do, let me sum it up for you.....
The "loudness" depends on your volume gain ie: Settings.xml file in Sony phones and gain_table.bin file in moto and samsung phones.
The "qualtiy" depends on the digital signal processing software.....what the DSP software does is remove unwanted noise by phase/freq/amplitude modulation etc... In moto phones we had seperate DSP software...in SE phones I gather that this is the "acoustic" drivers.

My theory is when SE compiled the R1L drivers which had overall better sound O/P(i.e. stereo ouptu) and less noise the amplification of certain parts of the signal suffered(in our case the bass) at higher volumes. Therefore the settings.xml file had a lower volume....this is generally more than enough for any listner but generally people feel louder the better the music...therefore SE decided to improve amplification of the signal but hey lost out on noise control...this noise was ignored since it was quite low and not many "common) people would even notice it.

Basically I think we can actually combine the positive qualities of both drivers but its a tedious process of bit manipulation which will take hours of work(I've done it with motos lol), since SE basically is'nt too bothered about perfecting their SW since new phones keep releasing every month or so, its the same with any manufacturer.

Ermmm.....sorry for such a long post...lol

Regards,
Akshay
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-20 10:31
No worries. My comments were just an observation. This is still great work that deserves credit. When I get some more time I intend to try the update myself. I just want to get my head all around it first and find some songs worthy of a proper test.
paternoster
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-20 12:12
@askd

There is a gomusic.bin file in the Without noise RAR. where does this file go?

tnx
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-20 14:18
I'm sorry mate...just delete the file...was just checking out some BIN files and must have mistakenly put it there....my mistake lol
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 343536  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic