Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > What happened to starburst Joostsers?

Author What happened to starburst Joostsers?
x_lucy_x
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 07:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What the hell is a marathon bar all about? Was that the old school snickers? I have only ever known a snickers in my little lifetime!

Daim and Dime is the same as Twix and Raider, the packaging is the same, colour and lettering its just recognising a different name on the same packet, I spose if you are really craving a Twix in Europe then it is feeasble to buy a Raider, even though it will probably taste different cuz the name's different

And Opal Fruits were so much better.. can remember them!

pmerryman
HTC Wildfire S
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 09:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes marathon was the original name for a snickers.

Just found this on the web.

America's Marathon bar is not to be confused with the Marathon Bar formerly sold in the United Kingdom. Britain's Marathon was a chocolate, caramel, and peanut product sold in the United States under the more familiar name Snickers. In 1990, Mars decided to change the Marathon bar's name to Snickers, the world's top-selling chocolate bar. Since Mars didn't want to lose the candy bar's British fans, the candy bar's wrapper sported both the Snickers and Marathon name for 18 months, with the Marathon name in smaller type. Afterward, the Marathon name was dropped, and Snickers/Marathon went from the U.K.'s
One Day, Men Will Look Back And Say I Gave Birth To The 20th Century.
You have to have a piss in the sea, its the law.
The A-Z of Trusted Traders
[img]http://a-zott.com/images/A-Z
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi