Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Israeli officer: I was right to shoot 13-year-old child

Previous  12
Author Israeli officer: I was right to shoot 13-year-old child
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 03:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Words don't always have clear meanings

I agree, the Zionist viewpoint is no better than the Iranian extremist view that believes Israel could be justifiably nuked.

The Zionists don't seem to believe that Palestinians have as much right to self-determination and sovereignty over their own lands as Israeli's do. Time and again Palestinian leadership has accepted US brokered peace plans, only to have the Zionists at the last minute mount attacks against Palestine, completely sabotaging the peace plan on the table. This has happened even when Arafat had secured ceasefire agreements from Hamas.

It shows a complete unwilllingness to reach a solution that is compatible with the human rights of all both parties to the conflict.

But Israel exists and what's done cannot be undone. Jewish ancestry dates from the area, and millions of innocent human beings now live in Israel. Even Palestinians generally accept that the Israeli's have a right to existance. To wish the destruction of Israel will achieve nothing for either side but more generations of war.

I don't believe that the average jew, palestinian or Iranian really wishes destruction on the other. It is only the blustering of extremist leaders that reflects badly on the population.

I'm sure that all the people in the area want is to simply be able to get on with life without fear of death.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  12
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic