Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > R5D007

Previous  123 ... 91011
Author R5D007
peterjulian
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-11-21 17:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
im a newbee with t68m.planning of upgrading my r2b to r2c. will i get mms feature if i do this upgrade? sayang kasi yon camera ko if i dont utilize the hardware.tnx
Matu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 08:54
Quote:

On 2002-10-11 18:28, Askme wrote:
I have talked too my friend on the service mobile store...

And he said that on the first 1 week in November we can personalize our own sms tones thats what he said too me

Its good too have a friend in a mobile store "hehehehehehhhe"

Now it's already end of November...
Askme: did your friend tell you the first week in November of which year?
samw5
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-12-04 08:22
Alright, I'm really starting to miss my old T39! People that seem to know the stuff here don't seem to be very helpful but rather let people keep posting very superficial comments: phone's faster, it's not, BT work, it doesn't, MMC work, MMC doesn't!

I'm a newby to the T68 world but I'm already getting a headache over this. I've tried getting answers about simply things for about a week but no1 seems to care. Maybe I'll be more lucky this time (or not!).

I got a T68m last week, locked for T-mobile network, upgraded to R5A020 fw. The phone seems to be working good (minus the 290hours of standby... thought the upgraded models would get the same as the newer T68i... apparently not but I just ordered a 1200mAH battery so hopefully this will help).
Now, I've been having problems accessing my GPRS network though I might have missed some configurations steps (will check).

I don't use the phone for MMC or WAP or PIMs but rather use it with Bluetooth and my Pocket PC to access the GPRS network so I do need BT to be working 100%. I understand that it might not be working because of problem with the fw upgrade.

Now, here are my questions:
1) does the latest FW help receiption signal or call quality? I've noticed that my phone has problems finding networks unless I restart it and sometimes I don't even get voicemail alerts.
2) any chance I would be getting better battery?
3) is there a way to fix a phone is the upgrade messes up Bluetooth or anything else or will the phone be permanently useless?
4) I found someone to unlock my T68m. Will the unlocking process reset the phone settings? This person also offered my to upgrade my R5A020 T68m to R5D007 for an extra $9. Is the upgrade worth it (I'm assuming this will completely reset the phone and all my voice dialing settings... am I right)?

Now, if you don't know how to answer please don't make this post any longer, I don't care. If you know your stuff, please help...

Thanks,
Sam
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-12-04 08:29

1. No it has no effect on signal/call quality.

2. No

3. Depends... a master reset of the phone might help (this option erase phonebook, saved pictures etc, and set the phone back to factory settings)

4. A upgrade doesn't delete anything saved in the phone, if it's successful, but if something goes wrong during upgrade it can be erased, so it's always best to do a backup before upgrading.

Quote:

Now, here are my questions:
1) does the latest FW help receiption signal or call quality? I've noticed that my phone has problems finding networks unless I restart it and sometimes I don't even get voicemail alerts.
2) any chance I would be getting better battery?
3) is there a way to fix a phone is the upgrade messes up Bluetooth or anything else or will the phone be permanently useless?
4) I found someone to unlock my T68m. Will the unlocking process reset the phone settings? This person also offered my to upgrade my R5A020 T68m to R5D007 for an extra $9. Is the upgrade worth it (I'm assuming this will completely reset the phone and all my voice dialing settings... am I right)?

Thanks,
Sam

samw5
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-12-04 19:08
Excellent, so I guess for $20 it seems worth it upgrading to the latest firmware and have the phone unlocked. I can probably ask the person who will be doing the upgrade to make sure he backs up the phone b4.

Thanks for the info.

Sam
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-04 19:21
hmm any new sw ???
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
cedchung
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-12-04 20:55
I have a T68m with software R1B and i am planning to upgrade it to R5D. Does it need to be upgraded to the MMS software first?
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-12-04 20:58
Quote:

On 2002-12-04 20:55, cedchung wrote:
I have a T68m with software R1B and i am planning to upgrade it to R5D. Does it need to be upgraded to the MMS software first?

R5D is the MMS software

cedchung
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-12-05 10:45
ok thanks! so if i ask for a software upgrade my phone will be upgraded from R1B to R5D?
gareb
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2002-12-05 11:09
Depends on where you do it.Always ask which version they can put in your cellphone.Best to use servicepoint if you can.

[ This Message was edited by: GEORGIA REBEL on 2002-12-05 10:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GEORGIA REBEL on 2002-12-05 10:11 ]
abudinsz
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2002-12-05 18:44
I got a question for ya'll... I have a t68i from t-mobile in the US and it was originally locked but I got it unlocked through the provider. It currently has software that is customized to T-Mobile (R3E002 - there is a data comm account and a wap profile that you cannot edit or remove as well as a ringtone and a background image) if I get a firmware update to any other newer version like r5d007 will I now have access to those items? Cytech? Thanks!
mange69
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2002-12-06 22:00
When I use voice dialing my phone hangs after the beep and the command is frozen in the display. I have to remove my batt. The phone was ok in the beginning, but this bug showed upp last week. I did a reset on the phone and the bug disappeared. It worked for a week and now the bug is back.

Someone else experience this?
samw5
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-12-07 00:06
Nope. Voice dialling works great on mine. I was actually surprised to how good it was. I'm using R5A020 but will soon upgrade to R5D.

One thing that doesn't seem to work is my voice mail dialling in SMS. For some reasons every time I click the call voice mail from the SMS menu, the phone will start calling but then gets a weird signal (like there is no network available). I checked the voice mail settings and it seems to work fine. I can use the voice mail button anywhere else without any problems.

NE1 got an idea?

Sam
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-12-07 00:07
Quote:

On 2002-12-06 22:00, mange69 wrote:
When I use voice dialing my phone hangs after the beep and the command is frozen in the display. I have to remove my batt. The phone was ok in the beginning, but this bug showed upp last week. I did a reset on the phone and the bug disappeared. It worked for a week and now the bug is back.

Someone else experience this?

have you voice dialing for many contacts in your phone?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic