Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > I have just received the box with my new mobile. from B&O

12  Next
Author I have just received the box with my new mobile. from B&O
ori
V800
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 16:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Actually there are two boxes; the first one is nothing special and used as a case to protect the second one.

As for the second one it is black cube made very delicately, yet the material used is not very expensive. But it looks stunning, the first time you see it, the idea that something really special was put inside comes to your mind immediately.

When we open it we see the phone itself and a desktop charger. Under them we find other charger. In the left part of the pox, we find user manual and some documentation. And that’s all, nothing else was included in to the package, from onside it makes you feel that this very device does not need anything else, just expensive and minimalist package. From another side one can expect to find at least some piece of material for taking care for the Serene, because even in the first five minutes the phone becomes full of fingerprints.

Finally the phone itself. It looks amazing, when you put in the battery and your sim card, turn up the two bolts for fixating, and turn the phone on, you finally will feel that this very piece of beauty and a B&O history is yours. And what is more amazing – it works.
ori
V800
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 22:15
Photos taken By the phone

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-21 22:28
i love b&o, that fone is a great design, but was very disapponted, that on the cover there is the "samsung" text aswell. ok, i accept hardly, that such a great company works with samsung together ( new b&o tvs has got samsung screens ), but its really no must to write it on the fone cover. bang and olufsen is the top of the top, so why to rape such a beauty with that toy factory ( aka samsung ) text...

if u believe me or not, i would have go for that fone, but when i saw that samsung text, i made up my mind.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
ori
V800
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 22:43
Well, I can agree, for the beginning I was disappointed in the same way, I was screaming – WHY, why the hell-on earth did they choose Samsung. But the time has passed and I came to the idea that there is no alternative on the market at all. I was expecting new Mobiado but they delayed it till Q3 of 2006, and I was able to buy brand-new Serene for only 978 usd in Moscow. Me very first mobile phone was Samsung SGH 2200, and now I have come back to that company to give a second chance, may be some day I will give a chance to Nokia but after what has happened with my 8910i I don’t thing that would happen soon, my friend wanted to sell his 8800 used for one week for 500 usd to me but I found keyboard very complicated to use… So – these is nothing batter than the Serene.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-21 23:06
once b&o had made design for ERICSSON, the good old beofone, i do loved that. indeed, its really hard to find an accepteable mobile manufacturer hese days, nokia survived only as a european co, next to it, now a days the only one from the old times, maybe motorola next to it, but moto is just moto... anyway, samsung and mobile fones are 2 different phrases imo, so even at serena the point was more the design outside ( cover, buttons etc ) and the not every day menu system, for that the danish master could have took any other brand aswell, cos actually a nice screen and the hw/fw can be done on so many other ways.

/// Ericsson Forum
ori
V800
PM
Posted: 2006-04-22 22:58
Any ideas on what can I upload to the phone? nothing? )) I can upload pictures, yet we cannot use them as wallpapers, sounds, mp3 doesn't work...
ori
V800
PM
Posted: 2006-04-25 18:14
After few days all i can say is - AMAZING!!! if any questions please feel free to ask.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-25 18:17
so that means your recommending this? [addsig]
Vein
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-04-25 18:28
Quote:
I have just received the box with my new mobile. from B&O

Oh good, you don't want to have paid £700 and not received the box!

Vein Autostyling (+28 -0)
www.cliosport.net
www.e30zone.net
ori
V800
PM
Posted: 2006-04-26 07:42

I do highly recommend Serene for those who can sense the art and a great philosophy behind this product, I have no doubt that B&O Serene is one and possibly the only mobile phone available on the market which is designed in very different and stylish way, think it is much more stylish and luxurious mobile phone than Vertu or Mobiado, because Serene is an exquisite luxury, not a pop like Vertu or even 8800. Yet I will strongly not recommend this phone for those who like sending messages more that ten per day, for those who don’t like B&O or don’t understand the style of Serene, and of course for those who value the functionality more than design or comfort. The most important thing to mention is a screen position, yet one could be afraid of discomfort it turns to be very comfortable even to write sms when the screen is on the bottom, but if you turn the phone to the classic position you will find only one disappointment – it looks much better. See the photo.
Raja
W980
PM
Posted: 2006-04-26 19:25
I was in Selfridges today and at the B & O dept. Saw the Serene; spoke to the sales guy who told me that the bluetooth does not work well with other bluetooth devices? Have you tested it with any bluetooth devices?
ori
V800
PM
Posted: 2006-04-26 21:11
I have tested it only with my computer and it works perfect, it also works perfect with the Power Books from apple... But I haven't tested it with incar bluetooth or handsfree.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-26 21:20
@ori dobrij wecher

how is the batt standby time?

/// Ericsson Forum
Raja
W980
PM
Posted: 2006-04-26 21:21
The guy in selfridges did say specifically that customers had complained to B & O that bluetooth headsets had problems in connecting to the handset. He said that B & O are planning on releasing a compatible bluetooth headset in the summer.
ori
V800
PM
Posted: 2006-04-26 23:17
Well the batery life is not bad, yet it could be much better. It can last for 2 days without recharging but that means that on the end of the second day it will die for sure. My Sonyericsson V802 SE used for 1 year was still lasting much longer.

[ This Message was edited by: ori on 2006-04-26 22:18 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi