Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > ECS needs a little help and advice...

1234  Next
Author ECS needs a little help and advice...
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 00:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
how should i throw my life away??

right now i have too many problems...

first... girlfriend problems... shes hanging out with her ef boyfriend (we have been together 2 years), and he is smoking weed.. and naturally i think she is, and they are doing stuff... she says nothing is happening, but thats what girls always say... (i dont like the weed thing)

second... my job sucks, i do a shit load of work, all day long. i get paid crap, and they cant "afford" to give me a raise... all my money i am using for my phone, and to pay my car insurance.

third, my car sucks, most of the time it doesnt run, its really messed up. right now, i have used velcro, zip-ties and alot of JB Weld to hold alot of things together to keep it working... it breaks down all the time... but its the only thing i have.

fourth, i cant get a better job, becuase everything else around here is CRAP, and it wont do me any good, and my car wont go far enough to take me anywhere else.

fifth, no money. i steal internet from my neighbors even.

theres alot more, but i dont want to stay on the computer, so im going to go for a walk. and no im not saying all this so people feel bad for me and crap, i just dont know what to even do anymore. maybe its best to just throw it all away.

EDIT: Every day, i am going to post in here, and keep you all updated on the way things are going. kind of like a blog, just to keep you all informed. ALSO, i will be selling alot of stuff very soon, so keep a look out (even though alot of u are in europe, still keep an eye out) thankssss

[ This Message was edited by: eastcoaststar on 2006-04-21 02:29 ]
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 00:51
calm down lad, keep your eye out for another job and sell your car, catch a bus to work until you can afford to replace it
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 00:52
it could be worse ECS, it could be worse,

just think of that

at least you have a car, a phone, a job, a gf.

your life would be 10x worse without all them,

as for the weed thing as they say, if you cant beat em, join em!

although im dead agaisnt drugs, so maybe a no to that one!

fatreg
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 01:05
@ecs - When everything ELSE fails . . . there's the movie - Da Vinci Code to watch on ! Seriously, I 'almost' had this kind of dilemma before . . . until one day, roughly 3.5 years ago . . . I tried betting on the LOTTERY, from then, my LIFE changed a 'bit' . . . better . . . I suddenly saw relatives too which I haven't seen for decades in my life ! [addsig]
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 01:05
I will complete my first year on april 23rd, i started of with a k500, then a P800.. so far so good, thenm a samsung, and now finally my trust old T230. I am not in good contact with my GF, since we are 600kms apart, and i frankly thing the relationship is gone for a toss, i used to have a scooter, now i dont even have that, and i have got 600 bucks in my pockets, (thats like close to 8 or 9 pounds) to finish of the month.

now ur life should be better.

@ECS, stop reading here...

@rest, now i am kinda going out with a nice lady, i am taking delivery of a new motorbike on saturday, (thats where the money went). and i will be getting my first ever credit card in the next 2 weeks, (looking forward to buying a new phone on installments) |||| YIPEE ! ! ! ||||
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-21 01:10
Woh Woh....calm down ECS...Firstly your much better than that,If your g/f is cheating on you,forget about her and move on...you deserve someone you appreciates you for who you really are,and believe they are plenty of girls out their who respect you a lot more..forget her she ain't worth the time or the bother,lifes too short.

In regards to your job....stick with it for now but look for something else at the same time,Have you tried working for yourself to generate more money?PM me and i'll explain how to start your own business,you may never have to work again.

Don't worry about your car too much,..think about the people who don't even have a bike and take the bus...be thankfull for what you have rather for what you don't!..With some work and believing in yourself you can achieve everything in life...including a new car!

You don't need your car to venture further out to look for a better job...use public transport for a while until you earn enough to buy a new set of wheels..in the end you will have to struggle a bit to achieve your goals.

Mate you will have to start believing in yourself a lot more....giving up is not the way,We all go through problems and i myself have been through a lot over the last year or so...but i never gave up,and now i;ve gone through the worst of it and im fine...Its life my friend...just learn to fight it!..I know you will be just fine! [addsig]
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 01:15
i think you should read a book called "rich dad , poor dad" its excellent and could help with financial problems
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-21 01:24
I'd probably echo what Axxxr said here. Have a good talk with your girlfriend, if she's not willing to compromise, or take your views on board it may be better for you to let her go, no matter how much it hurts, and find another girl who will respect you and your opinions better.

It's also surprising how quickly things turn around. In the space of about 8 months I've gone from a struggling student nurse, close to failing his last placement to a staff nurse, having a house of his own (well, our own with the wife!), and having just gotten married to the girl I love. I've still got my 6-year old Vauxhall Corsa with no hubcaps (and I think it's sprung a leak somewhere and the driver's leccy window is misbehaving), which won't be replaced soon, but that is not a problem!

Things WILL turn round for you, it may seem bleak at the mo but things have a habit of turning round when you least expect it. Hang tight, and don't do anything rash.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-21 01:31
@ecs imo i dare to say in the name of the other members here, that we are always here for u, if it is. next to us, there are meny us members here aswell, i would to contact them according job and car problems, u never know, who could help u in that case. imo in the first line u should concentrate and focus on those problems, what u can manage on your own, u are now the most important person in your life ( gfriend story etc isnt "that important" ), if u can reach any small success step by step, it will force u to go on and gives more selfpower in the hard times.

dont be afraid. fear leads to anger, anger leades hate, hate leads to suffer... so dont be afraid, dare to ask for help and support if it is, u might feel yorself lonely now, but u arent ALONE!
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 02:30
@all thank you for your help, and you are all right, i really shouldnt give up, things could be alot worse. as for the references about public transportation, it is alot harder in the states to get form one place to another with public transportation. The busses dont go where i need to at all.
but if i had no phone and all... it would be worse.
and if i sold my car... i would have no transportation.

you all really are helping me, alot more than you know, and @axxxr, i will be PMing you also

heres my idea for right now... everyone tell me what you think...
i think i am going to go trade in my car, for a newer car (one that i really want) and use the car i have now to use as a down payment for the car i want, then make monthly payments on the car. Work the job i have for a little bit, until i find one that pays more, becuase i will have a new car, i will be able to look for another job more. I will have to watch allll of my money to the very cent, but i can probobly make it happen. it would be a tough thing to do with paying and all, but i could probobly scrape by. and as for the girlfriend situation... i know she loves me, but i am going to have a serious talk with her, and eather make things better, or end it for good.

@all, thank you again. very much, i know we all have problems, but mine are just all building up, and idk what to do. thanks again.
SCORPIONKING1982
W850 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-21 02:34
Hey ECS take a step back and chill mate, things could be worse.

1. Tell her how you feel, if she wont compromise at least then she aint worth it. Are there any actual signs she's smokin and messing around with this guy? Maybe you two need a break, might do you good.

2. Dont ask for a pay rise, DEMAND one. Tell them your going to leave if you dont get it and im sure they'll do something for you rather than lose you.

3. Insurance is a rip but it will go down giving you more free cash to save for a better car.

4. If theres really no other jobs around then maybe consider moving? Im not sure how old you are so not sure if this is an option. I moved to the other end of the UK to start my current job and its been a real adventure and made me a better person. Dont feel trapped by your home town theres a whole world out there just waiting for you.

5. Points 2, 3 and 4 will help that. even the best of us steal anyway

Dont let things get you down, life is never straight forward and for every down theres an up waiting to happen. In the last 3 weeks my grandfather has died and my gf of 3years has left me but im still here and loving life.

Look at every problem as a challenge and an adventure.

EDIT : PS just read your plan and that sounds perfect mate. With the right finance deal new cars can work out pretty cheaply, just make sure you bargain with them and get a good finance APR, NEVER accept their first offer good luck mate!

with regards to watching your money make up a excel spreadsheet charting all your money coming in and going out. work out exactly what you can afford then stick to it. maybe save a little to treat yourself now and then!

[ This Message was edited by: SCORPIONKING1982 on 2006-04-21 01:40 ]
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 02:38
@SCORPIONKING, you know, i never condsidered moving. i will be 20 in june, so i could do it. i would have to probobly get a room mate to help me, but i really think i could do it. i might talk to a few people and see what i can do.
im glad everything with you is going good now...
i am going to look at everything as an adventure and a challange... hopefully it will give me a new outlook on things. thanks!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 02:39
@ecs - As what my MOM always told me . . . "if you THINK you have a Mega Byte problem, there is still some peeps who have a Giga Byte problems, or WORST than what you always have at present" . . .

About your Babe, look for another one as the ration is 4:1 (boys:girls) and that statistics was done in the Cro-magnon era ! Don'ty waste your precious time with TRAMP ladies like that ! I know the FEEL as I was involved with a beauty queen before (shared her HEART with 6 of us) !

Now, if everything ELSE fails . . . try the ROPE (tied on the ceiling) dude just kidding here . . . Good Luck!

Can ypu now PM to me your pic with your GF (long over due promise of yours) . . . sio I can JUDGE for myself if she's WORTH it . . . [addsig]
SCORPIONKING1982
W850 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-21 02:43
Hey ECS i moved out when I was 17 dude! It was hard but I now firmly believe that its the best thing I've ever done. It makes you so independant! if you want to talk about the whole moving thing drop me a PM.
myspace.com/scorpionking1982
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-04-21 02:43
@jn, she was with 6 people?!?!? crazy!!
i will PM you the only pic i have right now (it will take me a minute).

@SCORPIONKING PM

[ This Message was edited by: eastcoaststar on 2006-04-21 01:44 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi