Esato

Forum > Market > Accessories for sale > FS: Hack your Sony Ericsson. Unlock, Change language, Upgrade, Decustomize, enable hidden functions.

Author FS: Hack your Sony Ericsson. Unlock, Change language, Upgrade, Decustomize, enable hidden functions.
cellcorner
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-14 02:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Do you know that your cell phone doesn't have to be bound to your current provider?

Do you know that you can change or add language to your phone or even convert it into another model revealing hidden features?

Why unlock a phone?

Unlocking increases the resale value of your phone as it's not bound to a particular carrier any more. Unlocked phone is convenient to travel with, it can work with almost any 1 provider in the world - just swap the SIM cards. Often, a subscriber can benefit from purchasing a prepaid SIM in the visiting country/region as it might be less expensive than international roaming, if applicable. Unlocking is absolutely legal and safe for your phone and doesn't void its warranty. Wireless providers charge from 40 to 100 Dollars for this procedure.

What is unlocking?

Phones are generally sold by a wireless carrier for much less than their actual retail value. The wireless carrier often subsidizes the cost of the phone with the expectation that they can recover more than this amount throughout the subscriber's contract. They will try to make sure that the phone can only be used on their particular network, and thus, locks the phone's software to their wireless network.
e.g. T-mobile supplied phones only work on T-mobile wireless networks.
Unlocking means clearing the phone's software setting so that the phone can be used on any network.

What is flashing?

Every mobile phone uses software that is programmed into the phone by its manufacturer. It is usually refereed to as firmware. Just like anything in this world it's not perfect and is followed by other releases that improve or add certain features or fix software bugs found in previous versions. The process of changing main phone's software is called flashing. Besides that by flashing you can change phone's supported languages, its appearance, remove provider's branding and even convert your handset into another model with more features and improved functionality.
e.g. Sony Ericsson V800->Z800, K750->W800 conversion

The software works on almost any Sony Ericsson cell phone including symbian models, new models are being added every week. You don't have to send your phone to us or buy expensive equipment - connect your phone to the computer, start the software and unlock.

Sony Ericsson P800, P900, P910i, P910a
With the help of this software you can unlock, debrand, change language, repair, upgrade bluetooth part and flash latest firmware into your symbian Sony Ericsson phone.

Other SonyEricsson phones are supported including such popular models as:
Sony Ericsson W550, W550i, W600, W600i
Sony Ericsson W550i | W550c
Sony Ericsson W600i | W600c
Sony Ericsson W800i | W800c
Sony Ericsson W900i | W900c
Sony Ericsson D750 | D750i
Sony Ericsson J200i | J200c | J210i | J210c

Debranded firmware, language and Rolf files, Symbian flash are available from download area.

Information on how to operate the software, what cables can be used as well as download instructions and cable drivers can be found here

www.cellcorner.com

[ This Message was edited by: cellcorner on 2006-04-14 01:36 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi