Author w810i LEDs flashing bug
BUFFBOY
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 10:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-05-11 23:39:52, Arne Anka wrote:
Thats's because R4CK is not releaased all over the planet on samte time (some regions gets it erlier and some gets it later). Its have always been like that and will proceed to be like that.

thats what iv been trying to explain heaps of times but people just keep on reposting and asking..
BMW M3
tef89
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 11:45
I wasn't asking anything lol I've had a K750i for over a year so I'm well versed in how the firmware's are released (as in slowly, un-evenly and full of bugs)

Anyway I've now returned mine as the loudspkr was crap - it crackled during a call - I tested my k750 on the same call / network and it was far better at even higher volumes - shame cos I loved the w810 but coupled with the flashlight mallarky it wasn't good enough.

[ This Message was edited by: tef89 on 2006-05-12 10:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tef89 on 2006-05-12 10:48 ]
WhyTheFlash
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-05-22 03:34
Hi Everyone!
Right! I am seriously annoyed!
While I understand that this LED flashing without reason fault is not the end of the world- IT IS THOUGH, VERY DAMN ANNOYING. Who really wants to be filming while the lights flashing and when my friends tell me to stop turning the light on-and-off, I’ve got to explain to them, like some sort of Billy, that I can’t!!!

What’s worse is the 'technical helpline', who genuinely, and I am really not joking, have absolutely no technical knowledge of Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
I spoke to a so-called 'manager', who really was employed to just say "I’m sorry but I can’t help you Sir, and I cannot comment on an unknown fault which as far as I’m concerned does not exist. Return your phone to a service center who will sort the problem out for you".
Believe it or not, but after explaining to this man that I’ve already been to the service center (who kindly replaced my phone, just to prove to me that all of the W810i's have the same fault), he told me to “go to a different service center to get my phone replaced”.

I bet that for every person who hangs up the phone without a 'genuine fix' he gets a 3 pence bonus.

Sorry if I sound pi***d off- BUT I AM.

Anyways, I’ve just emailed SE and will let you know their response!
Who wants to bet me 3 pence that they tell me to go to a service center!
HA HA HA

[ This Message was edited by: WhyTheFlash on 2006-05-23 00:22 ]
Henyboy
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 17:49
Hi everyone....... Im new to this forum......... been looking around these boards for a few months but never posted anything...... just got me a W810i, so I thought I'd finally join you guys.......

Now, about that LED flashing bug.......
I (not surprisingly) have the same problem! But I don't really buy SE's explanation about it being due to the light conditions already being optimal and not really a bug.......

I just tried to put on the LED in normal daylight conditions! It started flashing after about 5 seconds!
Then I went into a room with absolutely no light whatsoever and the same thing happened...... so its gotta be a bug! They better fix it soon, otherwise that whole LED thing is kinda useless when taking pictures!

Don't know if this helped any, haven't read every reply to this topic, so someone probably already have had the same experience as me, but now you guys know....

"Bang that head that doesn't bang!"
SexPest
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:07
lol yes it is a firmware bug and yes SE know! the next firmware will have sorted thsi im sure
SJC till i Die!
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-30 18:53
oh god, my w810 is coming tomorrow and im already worrting about bugs
kulorex
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-30 19:06
umm! i have a w810 branded with t-mobile with R4CE012 i've got no led bug or drop calls! w810 is great!

[ This Message was edited by: kulorex on 2006-05-30 18:20 ]
maks
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 06:14
Hi to ALL!
Possibly a solution to a LED bug >while light is ON do not switch between camera and v\\recorder ,always switch it OFF while changing camera mode.

And I found new bug(s) >after u recorded a new voice command and trying to play , u can barely hear any sound (solution >go to stand by screen and back to 'voice commands ' folder and try to play newly recorded v\\command again )
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi