Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Your Perfect Black Diamond Phone?

12  Next
Author Your Perfect Black Diamond Phone?
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-22 17:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This is sort of a continuation from the recent Sony Ericsson Black Diamond thread...Here we will discuss what you would like see in a actual black diamond phone,if were to ever manufacture these?

So please give your design ideas and suggestions,and in the end when we all decide on a final product and how the finished product should be like,i will forward the details to a important contact i have within and then we keep our fingers crossed and pray that chiefs at decide to build this.

[addsig]
Kwiksta
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-03-22 19:48
A totally New OS
Previously --> tempsonyfreak
Vein
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-03-22 19:52
Touch sensitive and a possibility of having the phone buttons and screen change to what you'd like.
Vein Autostyling (+28 -0)
www.cliosport.net
www.e30zone.net
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-22 21:34
What about the design..are you happy with the current one or do you think some changes might be needed? [addsig]
Vein
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-03-22 23:37
Actually, design is fine I changed my mind haha

Sony PSP Giga Pack, XBOX 360, Ericsson x 30

[ This Message was edited by: Vein on 2006-03-22 22:53 ]
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2006-03-23 00:58
To be honest, I don't really like the styling. That big bump in the middle sorta wrecks the whole look of the phone. Anyways I think the phone needs to be a tad smaller than what we see.
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-23 01:07
imo the most important fact is at a high end fone, it has to be simple. that se is very simple, but it looks like a tv remote control and doesnt reflect anything, what could point on se itself. of course, its hard to design the first se high end fone without any traditions on this area.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
ajape
Motorola Droid Razr HD
PM
Posted: 2006-03-23 02:22
The things I'd definitely like to see are:

- Walkman functionality
- 320x240 screen resolution for Opera mini
- Bluetooth stereo
- Direct 3.5 headphone compatibility
- 320x240 video capture capability
- NO JOYSTICK!!!!
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-23 02:37
so AXXXR, this is your prototype? are you in this too?

ok i would suggest that the activity menu is still there... and since from the start i thought that this would be a part of the infamous H series. so theres has to be a Quick Video Button access around there somewhere. and it also has USB ports for quick video acces thru other monitor/TV.

hoping that it has 3D accelerator for better video playback. hhmmm EDGE and or UMTS is nice.

and about the outer design.. its fabulous! its phat... and its far out excellent!

and yeah.. NO JOYSTICK!!!
a D-pad would be nice.. or if you can add a jog dial.

[ This Message was edited by: rockygali on 2006-03-23 01:40 ]
WelshTom
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2006-03-23 02:39
it would have to feel very nice and heavy - to give it a true quality feeling, and not have any movement or creaking in it at all so it feels completely solid and VERY well built. This is the most important thing with a phone like this to make sure that it screams quality at you just from it's touch and looks, and in my opinion the looks already say quality!
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-23 02:53
Quote:

On 2006-03-23 02:37:20, rockygali wrote:
so AXXXR, this is your prototype? are you in this too?

No this is not my prototype,but i do have approval from the original designer,so by useing the design elements from this concept and improveing on them via members input from this thread.we can hopefully come up with a better and improved version. [addsig]
jalal
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-03-23 05:11
3G, no cheap plastic in its chassis, Symbian OS but, something like S60 and not UIQ, and expandable memory.
watermelon
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-03-23 06:59
love everything but that bend. Making everything touchscreen would be nice. But I just don't like that bend half way. everything is sweet tho
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-03-23 07:37
I have a problem with the wish for touch screen on this phone.
Imagine how that would look after a wee while when it comes to scratches!!!
I'd rather see a scratch proof front, to make it stay as gloss as it is when you take it out of the box for the first time, for a long time.
About the design; I like the way the keyboard is lowered to the screen. Imagine how boring it would look if it was flat. No, it makes it look classy; don't change the design!!!
And; A phone looking as classy as this ought to have high end bussiness features as well as popular features as WalkMan and stereo .
Advanced calender features, ability to open email attachments and other high end stuff.
That phone belongs in a brief case, or on an office desk, not in the pocket of a pair of worn out jeans, if you get my point.
The ultimate ringtone wav mp3
wrecked_porsche
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-23 07:42
IMHO the bend/bump makes it more comfortable to hold it up against your ears when you're using it for a conversation. Don't you think so?

Well, another thing besides this thing not creaking and being built of quality material, the voice quality during a call has to be excellent, se has to use high quality materials and not be stingy here. It must be loud and clear.

A jog dial would be nice, if they skip a Dpad/joystick, then they should add a 5 way joy dial.

Battery had to last too, not just for one day but for several days, I don't mind trading off on slight extra thickness for extra battery life.

Expandable mem is a bonus, if not just stuff it with 4 ~ 6 gigs of built in mem. If they cant keep it thin by putting in support for expandable mem, then just stuff it with built in mem. Should be more than enough.

IMHO also, i think EDGE and 3G will only make this phone too bulky and high tech, and I don't think it is aimed at that category. Its more of a niche/fashion/status symbol. Its about quality and not what they can stuff in there. Well, I'd like them to stuff as much as they can in there but there has to be a limit, if you want the latest, then K800i is the way to go.

If it had all the features of the K800 and the best build quality/voice quality, then it will cost a bomb for SE to make and consequently it will cost a bomb to us users too. I'm just being realistic. SE will not sell many and they may end up with a loss. Normally these kind of phones are equipped with mid end specs. Take the Nokia 8800 for example, mid specs, great build quality. Anyway I believe the people who buy these kind of phones prefer quality over stuffing everything under the sun in there. For that purpose they will carry around a P990 during the day and the SE black diamond at night and during weekends.

Well, that's my 3 cents anyway.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I Nokia N95 8GB and N82
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi