Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The Road To Guantanamo, C4 9pm

Previous  123  Next
Author The Road To Guantanamo, C4 9pm
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 14:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If you take a more balanced view of the story you'd know that a lot of it was crud. For instance in the film the 4 say they went to Afghanistan and then the war started - the documented truth is the war started and then they crossed over - innocents in the wrong place at the wrong time my arse!! Whatever treatment they got it's a lot better than people get when they're in the hand of their friends - no one in Cuba has had their thoat slit.
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 14:34
The camp didn't seem to bad. Nothing compared to the nazi's camps!
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:25
Quote:

On 2006-03-10 14:34:50, joebmc wrote:
The camp didn't seem to bad. Nothing compared to the nazi's camps!

Not to bad?....ask those who had to suffer that place for 2 half years,and ask those who are still locked up in there...This is how Nazi Camps start,its a very thin line. [addsig]
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:35
nazi camps didnt start like that at all there was a very clear agenda from day one to kill jews. despite what people may think of the bay facitlites its not set up to anything that lock people up its not a death camp something which the nazi camps were.
the only reason any jews were kept alive was to kill and bury the other jews so the germans didnt get there own hands dirty.
you can argue the toss over wether these people should be locked up but to liken it to a nazi death camp is just plain ignorant and stupid
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:36
I would say the places that the Taleban held anyone they didn't like are more akin to Nazi camps - that's the people that they didn't just shoot on the spot for not having a beard, or watching TV or a women who dared to be outside, or for for having a beer . . . the list is endless.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:38
My opinion is that the U.S administration is not far from what the Nazi's were in their infancy...History has taught us that you don't stay quite about such evil and injustice. [addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:43
Quote:

On 2006-03-10 16:36:18, Dart5 wrote:
I would say the places that the Taleban held anyone they didn't like are more akin to Nazi camps - that's the people that they didn't just shoot on the spot for not having a beard, or watching TV or a women who dared to be outside, or for for having a beer . . . the list is endless.

Don't talk rubbish...your last two comments were utter nonsense,if you dont know about something don't pretend that you know what your talking about.

The Taliban may have been harsh but that is due to strickt Islamic laws which they implemented in that country,..btw watching TV and drinking beer is forbidden in Islam in case you didnt know..Taliban may have gone to some extremes but at least they were honest about who they were and not pretend to be saviours of the world like the U.S...wolf in sheeps clothing. [addsig]
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:51
Alcohol may be explicitly banned by Islam but watching TV isn’t so why don’t you get your facts right. It’s only some extremist who can read anything from any group of words that say TV is wrong. How can you bellyache on about G Bay & the USA so much an then excuse the Taleban their behaviour - your a knob
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:53
LOL, william hill is taking bets on how long this stays unlocked for

[ This Message was edited by: leeboy13 on 2006-03-10 15:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: leeboy13 on 2006-03-10 15:55 ]
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:54
well, it's Friday PM and I'm off home so not bothered !!!
soulframe
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:55
The Taliban represent an extreme version of the Quaran, AFAIK. I think they are just as bad as the US govt. Gauntanamo Bay is basicaly a place where it's more about breaking them mentaly than physically. It may not be torture as in putting your head in a vice but I think that the way they mess with your head, they can get people to say or sign anything. And the way they stop u praying and their utter disrespect for the Quaran, man it makes me so mad, but I know that Allah will deal with them much better than any court can ever do.
P.E.A.C.E (Proper Education Always Corrects Errors)
www.davidicke.com
www.infowars.com
www.prisonplanet.com
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-10 16:58
Quote:

On 2006-03-10 16:51:45, Dart5 wrote:
Alcohol may be explicitly banned by Islam but watching TV isn’t so why don’t you get your facts right. It’s only some extremist who can read anything from any group of words that say TV is wrong. How can you bellyache on about G Bay & the USA so much an then excuse the Taleban their behaviour - your a knob

Well let me enlighten you then TV or portrayal of imagery is forbidden in Islam although most don't practice that anymore...Even in Hasidic Jewdism TV is forbidden and many choose not to watch TV even today.

I am not excusing the Taleban i am just saying that they not far from what the U.S preaches...both extremeists in their own right...and refrain from calling me kn*b...that proberbly your standard and class so dont lower yourself more than you already have!

[addsig]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-10 17:34
in my opinion, wrong is wrong.
You can't argue, killing a person is not as bad as killing two.
Wrong is wrong.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
cleanrabbit
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 17:50
O they can deffinately sue them. You guys might think that they cant since its US and everything. But if they want they can sue them if they join the ECHR, I doubt it would do anything to the US, but unless Bush comes out in public and says, "We will do whatever the hell we want, and we won't listen to anyone"! They are supposed to listen to the HR courts or even the UN and are answerable to them under Schedule 5 Section 36 of the article. Hell if the British parliament grows some balls even they can support them since those boys were UK citizens and as the law stands as of today, "innocent until proven guilty", they were not supposed to be treated the way they were. But I guess if everyone is freaking scared of the US then nothing can be done. [addsig]
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-03-10 17:51
@Dart5

Don’t insult members here with your immature name calling. Axxxr is simply given his opinion; you have the right to disagree with it but not to insult him with your childish remarks.

I fear this thread will be locked soon which is a shame because these type of threads are always heated and have a lot knowledge to be learned.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi