Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > 7210 is out in Hong Kong

Author 7210 is out in Hong Kong
eweiwei
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 06:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
.. and who said it does not has themes? in nokia, they call it "colour scheme"

.. and I think the menu/display is better than sony ericsson's menu. In T68i, you'll see a black dark clock, but in Nokia, you may see clock, battery bar, signal in one screen (without pressing the NO button to see if you have miss call, incoming sms or maybe signal)

.. and if you said this phone is ugly or something, then how nice, how cool is T100? T200? T300? T600?

.. all phones have strengthness and weakness, there is no perfect phone in this world, so don't said SE is the best, Nokia Sucks, Samsung bla bla bla.. etc, etc ... It's depend on you, your budget, your needs on technology/function. (Eg. if you don't use bluetooth, then why buy bluetooth enables phone?)
blackstealth
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 08:26
i just wanted to say that there is a way to block the operator logo so you dont see it blocking the wallpaper!!! i just downloaded a nokia 7210 simulator and there is a menu option operator logo: on/off

and actually i dont need pictures in phonebook if i can have java games and polyphonic ringtones which really rocks!!!

well, i ordered the 7210 long ago, i was on my way to get the t68i but i though that 256 or 4096 colours are a big difference!!!

mms and java support is just what the future brings in the next year or two.

and if you think you have to buy a next nokia in a half year just to get the newest thing on market, but could keep your t68i... well, does the t68i support umts??? i think not! and thats the thing which comes up next so all of us has to buy a new phone if you wanna use this feature.

Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 08:45
the only bad thing bout UMTS is that the operators cant get their thumbs out of their asses and bring 3G to us .. The network here in Sweden were supposed to be finished at the new year 2002/2003.. *bullshit*

I have also waited very long for Nokias equivalent to the T68 .. and now its here, finally.
On the other hand im waiting for the more simple-looking 6610 but it seems like the 6610 will be further delayed.. *sigh*

Different people put other features in front of others.

I prefer a faster phone with more colours, java and polyphonic tones.
and the internal handsfree is also a great plus.

This is why im "Going over to the darkside" as mentioned before somewhere
jeRrRKKKK
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 08:52
I'm a java programmes myself and i KNOW a simple java calculation program tt i created 2 find mean range for soccer odds compiles to about 350kb all it needs 2 do is calculate the mean and find the salutation point then print the results for min betting to $100 and you tell me tt miserable 700k is enough? Hope you enjoy space impact on your phone i mean ONLY space impact

This post was posted from a T68i

Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 09:04
What is your problem?

How can you first of all, speak out and whine on a phone you even havnt tryed yet!

Why dont you just stick to your ultra-slowmotion T68 .. i wont, cause ive had enough of its lousy quality...
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 09:16
350Kb
That's a hell of a big Java app.
carpe noctem
Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 09:34
Most of the java-applications for the Nokia phones has a maximum size of 64kb... And that is MAXIMUM size ..

And still there is noone who has confirmed that the 72 and 6610 has 700kb of memory.. it could be a lot more ........ or less.
orange
R520
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 09:37
Quote:

On 2002-10-02 08:52, jeRrRKKKK wrote:
I'm a java programmes myself and i KNOW a simple java calculation program tt i created 2 find mean range for soccer odds compiles to about 350kb all it needs 2 do is calculate the mean and find the salutation point then print the results for min betting to $100 and you tell me tt miserable 700k is enough? Hope you enjoy space impact on your phone i mean ONLY space impact

Well, I wouldn't call myself a Java programmer if I don't know how to squeeze a simple Java app to under 350 kB...
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 09:47
@Johan
I'm sorry to say, but I've read several places that the 72/6610 will only have 500Kb memory for Java-apps.
carpe noctem
eweiwei
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 09:50
haha ... a java programmer? me too we too
Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 10:39
Quote:

On 2002-10-02 09:47, Raven wrote:
@Johan
I'm sorry to say, but I've read several places that the 72/6610 will only have 500Kb memory for Java-apps.

Hm, it should have a bit more according to the picture shown on mobile-review .. on the picture you can se "free memory 680kb"
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 11:25
Yeah, I saw that too. According to that review it has 500Kb by default.... But I think I remember reading something in Forum-Nokia in the developer section about it having only 500Kb for Java-apps... But I might very well be wrong, maybe you can release some memory by deleting a preinstalled java game or something....
carpe noctem
Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 12:41
Yes, of course you can remove the preinstalled java-apps, this will free memory as the memory is dynamic in nature.

This will mean that the total memory should store SMS, MMS, Contacts, Java-Apps and so on.. Not only Java-Apps.
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-02 22:31
I'm just simply waiting. The Sendo Z100 seems more promising of a phone for me than what Nokia is offering. I'm sure we all have different tastes for what we want in a phone, but reading all this bullshit about the T68 and the Nokia phones on here just makes me want to puke.

I'm not sure where you get the idea of the T68 menu's being so slow, but comparing it to my Nokia I'm holding in my hands now, it's not much of a significant difference in speed (Ok, so the 'My Pictures' loads slow, so what?). Granted if you used a Nokia more often, you'd have a hard time adjusting to the Ericsson menus or any other models. I've tried a T100 before (Also tried the S100 today, finally), and I couldn't guide myself through the menu's, it was very difficult, but given time I'm sure I could have gotten used to it. I did however love the moving background, pretty cool, hehe

As for Java, I don't need it. I don't need games, I have my IPAQ for that (If you go on telling me you can't afford an IPAQ, then how can you afford a new high-tech phone?). Frankly, I don't see any practical use for JAVA on a phone, especially comparing it to the P800 and Sendo Z100 (Which have intergrated browsers, like Internet Explorer), unless you plan on sending phone viruses to people. As for that JAVA browser, I hardly even use WAP other than from time to time to get weather, quick news, or view some Esato posts. But even if you could use JAVA for viewing HTML, then you must either have some amazing tiny high resolution screen with incredible eye site, or some sort of holographic imaging device to project on a wall, because viewing images and text would simply be far to small on a phone with that size of a screen.

And the polyphonic ringtones, I don't really care for it. It does sound nice, but doesn't really appeal to me. I'd much rather have a ringtone I could use in loud areas (Like a high pitched tone and it would be great if they made ringtones adjust the volume automatically if it's too loud or quiet). I used a T100 a few days ago from a friend, and I couldn't hear the polyphonic ringing in my pocket in the town center at all, especially with buses, trucks, and sirens going on constantly.

Anyways, blah blah blah... I am not saying the Nokia 7210 or 6610 is a bad phone, it just doesn't fit my wants and needs, so I'm pretty much just holding on to my T68i and waiting till another great useful phone comes out.
Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-03 07:20
And im not saying that the T68 is a bad phone.. I guess that i have been really unlucky with the handsets provided to me (all the four ones).

And if you are a Ipaq-user you need both a hightech phone and an Ipaq .. that is about 500 USD for the phone and 700 - 800 USD for an Ipaq. . that is quite much.

I dont see java in a handset as any revolution either, and i dint think it is supposed to be used for html-browsing.
I kinda like the fact that you can download a bit more advanced games and filehandlers.

Ok the slowness in T68 has been better after upgrading to "I"-software. but i still think that it is a bit slow, mostly whilst writing SMS .. this is bothering me anyways.

The polytones is a nice addonfeature according to me, it stands out from the croud, at least a couple of months ahead, then everybody will have them
And still there is the possibillity to use the regular monophonic tones aswell.

Like you mentioned before, i am also REALLY tired with unmature posts such as: "HAHA Nokia sucks bigtime"
All people doesnt have the same taste in mobile phones.. and that is a very good thing, otherwise it would be really boring.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi