Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The Danish Mohammad cartoon row - what do you think?

Previous  123 ... 424344
Author The Danish Mohammad cartoon row - what do you think?
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 05:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Let me just clarify, I DON'T believe in complete freedom od speech. I only have a right as long as it doesn't impinge on your rights.

I have no right to incite anyone to murder you, or steal from you.

I have every right to criticise your point of view and your belief system.

Just because I have a right to criticise you doesn't mean to say it's wise to do so. [addsig]
khan
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 06:38

A Jordanian Muslim woman in Amman poses with a text message received on her mobile phone saying, "If we keep boycotting Danish products until next summer they will lose at least €36 billion."

sammyboy has created a rift on this forum.members who could have been probable friends have now turned foes.there was absolutely no need 2 drag this here on esato.

[ This Message was edited by: khan on 2006-02-12 05:56 ]
SsTiTcH
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 07:07
I dont think its a case as mentioned of this post making people who could have been friends turn into enemies.. Instead its a way for people to get to understand each other better and to discuss things calmly and rationaly leading to better understanding between cultures.
khan
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 07:19
but why on this forum there r a zillion other forums&sites for such discussions.
this is a peaceful,fun place for mobile lovers&really needs 2 b kept that way. [addsig]
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 07:21
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 07:19:10, khan wrote:
but why on this forum there r a zillion other forums&sites for such discussions.
this is a peaceful,fun place for mobile lovers&really needs 2 b kept that way.

So why did you make a post whose ONLY purpose is an attempt to offend Danes? [addsig]
SsTiTcH
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 07:30
A. Its posted in the mobile phone free forum where one can post interesting topics not necessarily related to mobile phones .. B. As I mentioned it gives people a chance to discuss and hopefully learn and understand making the world a better place. Also gives ordinary people from around the world a chance to talk and learn without Government or Media Propaganda.. But as Human Beings and as Equals regardless of race, politics or religion we are all Human and must learn and grow together
khan
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 07:37
i didn't start this&it shouldn't have been allowed here on esato imo.my post is not to insult danes but 2 make u guys see where this is leading 2.i feel bad for the danish prime minister,it's not his fault but he has 2 go around apologizing all over the globe.i also feel bad for the danish people.danish tourists r scared 2 declare their country of origin.danish embassies are being shut down overnight.denmark is losing a lot of business/revenue

all this time moslems were quite because of the month of mourning but now things can get bad.all the condemnation on esato is only inciting.

[ This Message was edited by: khan on 2006-02-12 06:39 ]
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 07:43
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 07:37:24, khan wrote:
i didn't start this&it shouldn't have been allowed here on esato imo.

I bet it REALLY irritates you that some people cherish free speech.

Quote:

my post is not to insult danes but 2 make u guys see where this is leading

It's leading to you making gratuitously offensive posts.

Quote:

i feel bad for the danish prime minister,it's not his fault but he has 2 go around apologizing all over the globe.i also feel bad for the danish people.danish tourists r scared 2 declare their country of origin.danish embassies are being shut down overnight.denmark is losing a lot of business/revenue

I feel bad that the Danish PM thinks he has to apologise to a bunch of terrorists.

Quote:

all this time moslems were quite because of the month of mourning but now things can get bad.all the condemnation on esato is only inciting.

I keep forgetting you can't take responsibility for your own actions. [addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 08:01
looks like we're done here so before this all gets very personal let end this now

time to enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 424344
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic