Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The Danish Mohammad cartoon row - what do you think?

Previous  123 ... 424344  Next
Author The Danish Mohammad cartoon row - what do you think?
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 23:50:43, solidsingh wrote:
yeah i wouldnt like it at all, but i would think to myself \" f**k it, im not losing anything because of a silly cartoon, its not affecting the way i follow my religion. \" i would complain to the publisher but thats all.

Yeh thats your opinion on the matter,but you know and i know that the vast majority of the sikh community won't see it that way...im sure the reaction is would be violence death threats and everything....i know sikh history,and sikhs dont take kindly to anyone mocking their believe,remember the golden temple incident years ago. [addsig]
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:58
1984 was a totally different story, sant jarnail singh was recruiting a LOT of sikhs god bless him. the sikh govenrment didnt like it and they wanted him killed, simple as. they attacked us for no reason.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:59
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 23:43:50, Jim wrote:
It hurts me when they call me racist for no apparent reasons or call me the \"bad white\" or \"dirty Belgian\" ... Oh but wait, that's exactly the opposite of what you guys are trying to defend, oh gosh !

Yeh that unacceptable if group of people call you a racist for no apparant reason,you will get extremists on both sides,dont forget minorities,ie: muslims,blacks,chinese,all have to deal with white facism in aswell,..the immigrants have got it the worst,so you cant blame some of then for fighting back.

We are only tring to defend the respect for religion..thats all! [addsig]
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:01
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 23:50:43, solidsingh wrote:
yeah i wouldnt like it at all, but i would think to myself " f**k it, im not losing anything because of a silly cartoon, its not affecting the way i follow my religion. " i would complain to the publisher but thats all.

Not losing anything?, like its been said, Islam is the way of life of a lot of us muslims.

With cartoons like that, depicted our Prophet (SAW) as a terrorist, this just makes more and more people think Islam as a religion of terror, we are then classed as terrorists, it does in many ways affect our lives.

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<

[ This Message was edited by: Lynx69 on 2006-02-11 23:02 ]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:08
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 23:59:49, axxxr wrote:
Yeh that unacceptable if group of people call you a racist for no apparant reason,you will get extremists on both sides,dont forget minorities,ie: muslims,blacks,chinese,all have to deal with white facism in aswell,..the immigrants have got it the worst,so you cant blame some of then for fighting back.

We are only tring to defend the respect for religion..thats all!

You call that defence ? The best defence is to ignore, which I do because in such situation if I open my mounth I would be surrounded by 50 "brothers".

They are only destroying their own image by having such reactions, which is what some here have trying to say.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:20
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 00:08:44, Jim wrote:
You call that defence ? The best defence is to ignore, which I do because in such situation if I open my mounth I would be surrounded by 50 \"brothers\".

They are only destroying their own image by having such reactions, which is what some here have trying to say.

Only if it was so easy to ignore....just not possible in this case,if let them get away with it now they will only go and do it again.

mate your bring racism into this discussion,its not about that at all...i belive their is the Anti Racism thread for that disucssion.

Like i mentioned earlier muslims are now tired for being blamed for everything,..now its come down to petty and deliberate mocking of the Islamc faith in the guiss of cartoons,..i dont think we can let this one go.

[addsig]
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:26
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 00:08:44, Jim wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 23:59:49, axxxr wrote:

We are only tring to defend the respect for religion..thats all!

You call that defence ? The best defence is to ignore, which I do because in such situation if I open my mounth I would be surrounded by 50 "brothers".

If ignored then people will just keep on doing it, exploiting everything they can.
As Axxxr said, muslims are now very tired of this.

Also, if you ignore then 50 "bothers" will think your weak, will mock you etc.

Muslims are standing up for what they beleive in, im sure you've stood up for things you beleive in. I don't see anything wrong with it.

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:27
You didn't change ... accusing people of racism and denying what other people have to say.

Didn't the Danish news apology for hurting the faith of the muslims ?

Btw I'm not your mate !
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:32
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 00:27:25, Jim wrote:
You didn't change ... accusing people of racism and denying what other people have to say.

Didn't the Danish news apology for hurting the faith of the muslims ?

Btw I'm not your mate !

who did i acuse of racism exactly tell me?...i only accused people here of being Islamphobic..

They did appologise of course....but i think its to little to late,and besides other countries have followed them and reprinted the cartoons.

no probs i wont call you mate,,just trying to be friendly...looks like your a bit angry! [addsig]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:41
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 00:32:17, axxxr wrote:
who did i acuse of racism exactly tell me?...i only accused people here of being Islamphobic..

No one is Islamophobic here !!! We are defending freedom of speech not the cartoon. You make false assumptions, as allways.

Quote:

They did appologise of course....but i think its to little to late,and besides other countries have followed them and reprinted the cartoons.

Whatever, you will allways find something to say no matter what.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:45
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 00:41:23, Jim wrote:
No one is Islamophobic here !!! We are defending freedom of speech not the cartoon. You make false assumptions, as allways.

We are defending oursleves here against Islamophobia which seems more and more acceptable these days...I and others have made our case on freedom of speech not worth repeating again and again...false assumptions to you maybe...to me they are pretty acccurate

Quote:

On 2006-02-12 00:41:23, Jim wrote:
Whatever, you will allways find something to say no matter what.

Your damm right i will! [addsig]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 00:55
Still, you guys are interpretting like every western people is islamophobic (that's how I feel it in this thread), I defend for false accusations ... and the wheel goes another round, see the point.

I mean, they made an aplogy, what else do you want that they do ? Kneel in front of you ?
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-12 01:02
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 00:55:40, Jim wrote:
Still, you guys are interpretting like every western people is islamophobic (that's how I feel it in this thread), I defend for false accusations ... and the wheel goes another round, see the point.

I mean, they made an aplogy, what else do you want that they do ? Kneel in front of you ?

No ever said that..those are your words alone!....don't really see where your coming from,but you have a right to your opinon,and i respect that.

They made an appology thats fine,i and few others can forgive and forget and move on but try to explain that to the people who have been left scared and hurt by this....I presume your not a religious man?..if you were you were then you might have the capacity to understand where it is im coming from.

[addsig]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 01:14
And no one said they are Islamophobic here, same goes to you then.
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-12 01:43
if someone says f**k you bitch to ME, i'm fine with it. (because it affects me only)
But when someone disrespects my way of life, my culture, my people, my country, then it's not acceptable.

simple as.

I wont disrespect a religion or a culture or do anything for that matter that'll hurt a group, especially at a grand scale. But then again, I guess I'm a bigger person than most.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 424344  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic