Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The Danish Mohammad cartoon row - what do you think?

Previous  123 ... 41 424344  Next
Author The Danish Mohammad cartoon row - what do you think?
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-11 19:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 18:31:16, absinthebri wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 18:22:02, upper wrote:
absinthebri, sorry but i have to say that your very ignorrant

And I'm happy we live in a society that recognises your right to say that.

God does not exist.

I am free to say that.

And as God doesn't exist, you must be deluded for believing in him.

Of course, you're free to offer any contrary evidence, to PROOVE the existence of God, if you have it.

How about you prove the non-existence of God.
Religion isn't only about the physical existence, it's a way of life, faither and God can be considered to be an entity that represents your belief.

You are a perfect example of how people abuse the right to free speech.
You have the right to say whatever you want, but you DONT have the right to infringe on other's rights.

If I have the right to say "f*** you abs*, I still wouldn't because it's insulting and you might be hurt. Whether you are or not is another question.

edit:

oh and you said "You are responsible for your reaction, not me. "

You ARE responsible if you can anticipate how a person will react and if you know what you do is going to provoke a person.

Why are people not allowed to post flame bait in forums for example?

Free speach is about being able to express yourself freely. But there unspoken limits to such free speech.

In Japan people dont really believe in a higher being, yet they respect each other because of their morals. That's an example of how it's up to the people to show respect to others.

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2006-02-11 19:03 ]
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 20:00
you lot really dont know the meaning of "freedom of speach"
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 20:03
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 19:58:29, joebmc wrote:
Thanks,think this is about the loose change dvd (already got my copy )

[ This Message was edited by: joebmc on 2006-02-11 18:59 ]

lol, u mean you seen it before?
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 20:06
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 20:00:42, solidsingh wrote:
you lot really dont know the meaning of "freedom of speach"

lol @ solid
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 20:28
No i haven't seen it yet, its been setting in the dvd tray for a while now. I'll try to get round to watching it tonight
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 20:59
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 19:59:43, amnesia wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 18:31:16, absinthebri wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 18:22:02, upper wrote:
absinthebri, sorry but i have to say that your very ignorrant

And I'm happy we live in a society that recognises your right to say that.

God does not exist.

I am free to say that.

And as God doesn't exist, you must be deluded for believing in him.

Of course, you're free to offer any contrary evidence, to PROOVE the existence of God, if you have it.

How about you prove the non-existence of God.

How can I prove that something that doesn't exist doesn't exist? I'm not the one who's position isn't logical.

Quote:

Religion isn't only about the physical existence, it's a way of life, faither and God can be considered to be an entity that represents your belief.

I accept that.

Quote:

You are a perfect example of how people abuse the right to free speech.
You have the right to say whatever you want, but you DONT have the right to infringe on other's rights.

I'm not infringing anyone's rights.

Quote:

If I have the right to say "f*** you abs*, I still wouldn't because it's insulting and you might be hurt. Whether you are or not is another question.

How I react in no way affects your right.

Quote:

edit:

oh and you said "You are responsible for your reaction, not me. "

You ARE responsible if you can anticipate how a person will react and if you know what you do is going to provoke a person.

Sorry, I keep forgeting you have no free-will and that I control you.

Quote:

Why are people not allowed to post flame bait in forums for example?

Because it's laffen's forum and he decides what is reasonable here. Swear words aren't allowed. If I don't like the rules here, I don't have to post. laffen extends to me the privellage of posting here; I have no right to do so.

Quote:

Free speach is about being able to express yourself freely. But there unspoken limits to such free speech.

So can I express myself freely or not?

Quote:

In Japan people dont really believe in a higher being, yet they respect each other because of their morals. That's an example of how it's up to the people to show respect to others.

You don't seem to see accepting other people have rights as respect. [addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-11 22:34
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 20:28:15, joebmc wrote:
No i haven't seen it yet, its been setting in the dvd tray for a while now. I'll try to get round to watching it tonight

Please do watch it you wont regret it....it a real eye opener even to the biggest sceptic! [addsig]
soulframe
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:13
@ Upper

I'm totally on your wave length mate, but as it says in the Quaran, (not sure where exactly) there are some people in this world who have had their hearts and minds shut off to the truth of Islam (again not quite sure of the exact wording) but it means that no matter how much proof, how much evidence you show, some people will never ever believe in God. All that stuff on prison planet is great but most people will think that if it isn't SCIENTIFICALLY proven or if it doesn't come out of the mouth of some 'OFFICIAL' then it's just a bunch of anti political/anarchistic fools. Most people here unfortunatly have been brought up in such a way that their brains only accept one form of information. I think it's best to leave them alone and let them live their lives they they want to. You've done what you can, provided links to websites and such, and as such, Allah will be pleased of this, but you know that a person can not be forced to do something they do not want to do. Let it go mate, Islam is growing every day and I just hope that Allah will help these people open their hearts and minds to Islam.

By the way, did anyone go to the march today? If so, how was it?
P.E.A.C.E (Proper Education Always Corrects Errors)
www.davidicke.com
www.infowars.com
www.prisonplanet.com
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:24
Ive had a post removed for a reason, so ill repost it corrected in a bit but i just want to say:

Whats the problem, he has a right of speech and can say what he wants to is there any point in complaining? You said it yourself about rights of speech.

Quote:

On 2006-02-11 11:39:05, absinthebri wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 11:36:34, amnesia wrote:
...and it seemed like abs didn't like the fact that axxxr was supporting a cause he beleived in by repeating the even happening today.

There's enough going on in this topic without people spamming it. How many times do we need to be informed of the event in one morning?

Quote:

On 2006-02-11 11:45:24, joebmc wrote:
There is an peaceful event happening today.... just joshing

Lets just hope it all goes well and isn't highjack buy any extremists.

[ This Message was edited by: joebmc on 2006-02-11 10:47 ]

Extremists? Do you know the definition? : a person who holds extreme views

We all are extremists in this thread, i dont see how it will ruin it.

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<

[ This Message was edited by: Lynx69 on 2006-02-11 22:28 ]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:36
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 20:00:42, solidsingh wrote:
you lot really dont know the meaning of \"freedom of speach\"

Oh and you do do you?....why don't you go ahead then and explain to us all ignorant people what your \"Freedom of Speech\" really is then?

I presume in your mind its Absinths version of unlimited freedom of speech?if thats the case you won't mind then with you being a sikh if im critical of your religion?

[addsig]
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:37
lol axxr chill out - wasnt aimed at you, its actually aimed at the others who are criticising islam

freedom of speech - you are free to say whatever you want but before you say it you must think. what ever you are about to say shouldnt disrespect anyone in any way.

thats what i personally think

and i dont mind if you criticise my religion, i dont really give 2 shits, doesnt stop me following my religion.

[ This Message was edited by: solidsingh on 2006-02-11 22:38 ]
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:43
Absinthebri

Prove your right to free speech, prove everything you have said.

Yeah anyone can say anything but not everyone can get away with it.

Look at Abu Hamza for example, hes been jailed for:
Guilty of 6 charges of soliciting to murder
Guilty of 3 charges related to "stirring up racial hatred"
Guilty of 1 charge of owning recordings related to "stirring up racial hatred"
Guilty of 1 charge of possessing "terrorist encyclopaedia"

All but one of them are to do with what he has said, free speech yet one is for anything close to terrorism am i right?

Then take BNP leader for example, he abused his right of speech yet i dont understand why he was released.

So your saying anyone can say anything and get away with it?

Correct me if im wrong anyone else, i havent been keeping up with the thread.

And you want respect?...well have you ever heard of only receiving respect where respect is given?

Quote:
You don't seem to see accepting other people have rights as respect.

You seem to think that the moment you are a citizen in this country you have the right to anything and everything and everything you say you are going to tell everyone you have rights?

If it was that way, i might aswell use my right of speech

You are very narrow minded.

You are saying things purely to provoke people and then you get all defensive and trying to be too clever for your own good, you have nothing better to do?

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<

[ This Message was edited by: Lynx69 on 2006-02-11 22:53 ]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:43
It hurts me when they call me racist for no apparent reasons or call me the "bad white" or "dirty Belgian" ... Oh but wait, that's exactly the opposite of what you guys are trying to defend, oh gosh !
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:48
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 23:37:54, solidsingh wrote:
lol axxr chill out - wasnt aimed at you, its actually aimed at the others who are criticising islam

ok no probs pal...just some of things being said are ridiculous,some of us are making a simple point here....its not brain surgery.

Quote:

freedom of speech - you are free to say whatever you want but before you say it you must think. what ever you are about to say shouldnt disrespect anyone in any way.

thats what i personally think

Thats what we are trying to say....freedom of speech isnt an open ticket for you to do say and do as you choose!.

Quote:

and i dont mind if you criticise my religion, i dont really give 2 shits, doesnt stop me following my religion.

why should i criticise your religion anyway?...i've got no right,and although i dont agree with your belief and faith i have the utmost respect for it.

But im sure most sikhs would find it completely unacceptable to have cartoons made of Guru Nanak or Guru Govind mocking them...would'nt you agree? [addsig]
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:50
yeah i wouldnt like it at all, but i would think to myself " f**k it, im not losing anything because of a silly cartoon, its not affecting the way i follow my religion. " i would complain to the publisher but thats all.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 41 424344  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic