Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Gyroscope Phone Gadget

Author Gyroscope Phone Gadget
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-31 05:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
A company based in The Netherlands has combined gyroscopic forearm excercise balls with a mobile phone charger and Torch into a Single Gadget called the Manual Power.

Widgx

[addsig]
Luke-the-magic-man
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-31 10:13
i dont get it
Check out my sales
I am a mac fanboy .
I will honor Laffens gift of P990 flip free avartar, but I sold the p990
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2006-01-31 10:25
its a gyroscopic exersize ball that charges your phone.

big arms and full battery in other words.... [addsig]
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-31 10:26
those gyros rip your arm somthing cruel aye
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-01-31 10:49
Thought it was bad enough having a great big speaker hanging out of the side of those phones
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-03 04:32
Have a look at the webiste:

www.manualpowereurope.com/EN/homepage.php

How does it work?

The action of a gyroscoop (like the Manual Power) is based on Newton’s first law, which states that an object in motion will proceed thin motion in the same direction, unless subjected to outside forces.  A practical example can be seen with hammer throwing, with which an athlete throws a hammer into the field, after spinning a couple of times around his own axis. The force that the athlete experiences from the hammer is pointed outwards, and is called centrifugal force. To hold the hammer, the athlete is practicing a contrary force. The magnitude of both forces are dependent on the rotary speed.

When the rotor is set in motion, it will produce an outward directed force. By countering this force with the power from your hand, not only does the rotor stay in motion, the rotation speed can also be increased.
By applying the force to keep the rotor in motion, the hand, arm and neck muscles are trained. Furthermore, the power generated can be used to charge certain electronic devices (like your cell-phone and to power the forever flashlight!) When non of these functions are used, the generated power can be stored in the battery of the Manual Power and used later.

The rotor can be started with the help of a starting cord, which is stored in the rotor cover.
First, remove this cover. Next, put the hardened end of the starting cord in the hole of the rotor and wrap the starting cord twice tightly around the rotor. Guide the starting with your finger or thumb. Hold the Manual Power with its flashlight up, so that the end of the starting cord hangs downwards. Firmly pull the starting cord downwards, out of the rotor. Put the cover back. You can now train with the Manual Power in different ways, described op the ‘Exercises’ page.

[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi