Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Michael Wolfe ('My Hajj Experience')

Author Michael Wolfe ('My Hajj Experience')
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-02 11:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The quickest means of killing the animal that causes the least pain is the most humane. I would have thought that a shot to the brain would be fairly quick and that that death would be almost instantaneous thus not giving the animal any time to feel anything.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-02-02 11:22
Well if want to play Terminator and just go shooting animals like that.. thats not humane to me... sorry.

But thats the way we do it, the way the jews do it, and the way it will always be done!

So all you SPCA wannabes and your love and faithulness to your beloved animals can stuff it! Lifes about pain.
The whole food chain and shit.
Deal with it!!!!!!!
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-02 11:28
Quote:

On 2006-02-02 11:06:39, scotsboyuk wrote:
The quickest means of killing the animal that causes the least pain is the most humane. I would have thought that a shot to the brain would be fairly quick and that that death would be almost instantaneous thus not giving the animal any time to feel anything.

Who's to know if death is less painfull that way?...no one can really quantify death in any way,so we really don't know if instant death has no pain involved..maybe pain is slow and lingering even affter a shot to the brain?..or maybe it is instant and the animal feels nothing,its a difficult one. [addsig]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-02-02 12:07
I'D say a shotgun to the head would probably be the quickest way, as the brain will (or head) will probably be in quite a few pieces.....
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-02 12:41
Quote:

On 2006-02-02 11:22:37, 786KBR wrote:
Well if want to play Terminator and just go shooting animals like that.. thats not humane to me... sorry.

But thats the way we do it, the way the jews do it, and the way it will always be done!

So all you SPCA wannabes and your love and faithulness to your beloved animals can stuff it! Lifes about pain.
The whole food chain and shit.
Deal with it!!!!!!!

Apart from sounding like a complete ass you also demonstrate a lack of understanding of the concept of hypocrisy. Let's just examine this for a second; you consider shooting an animal to be barbaric, yet you don't consider slicing an animal open and allowing it to bleed to death to be? It may very well be a religious matter, but one can equally couche it in the same absurd terminology that you have employed (and I haven't done that hear in case you are wondering).

Why exactly is it that you would choose to liken the slaughter of animals for food to a futuristic cyborg programmed to kill? Clearly you are aiming to create a comparison of barbarity and inhumanity. The killing of animals for food is not done through a desire to kill or for a political motive, it is done simply to provide food. Clearly you feel threatened by the implication that the method of slaughter you advocate is not the most humane available and so you seek to denigrate a different method in the hopes of casting aspertions on the humanity of that method. Unfortunately you go about it in completely the wrong way. By choosing a rediculous and tenebrous analogy you only serve to make your case look peurile.

You are either extremely naive or remarkably uninformed. I eat meat as part of my diet, that does not mean to say that I have any desire to inflict anymore suffering upon an animal than is absolutely necessary to obtain that meat. I would advocate the buying of meat from sources where the well being of the animals has been attended to and where the animals have not suffered unnecessarily.

Your last comments seem to indicate that you are not concerned with the well being of animals. Perhaps I am wrong, but the miasma of incongruity which permeates your post seems to suggest otherwise.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-02-02 11:45 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-02 12:52
Quote:

On 2006-02-02 11:28:20, axxxr wrote:

Who's to know if death is less painfull that way?...no one can really quantify death in any way,so we really don't know if instant death has no pain involved..maybe pain is slow and lingering even affter a shot to the brain?..or maybe it is instant and the animal feels nothing,its a difficult one.

Something sensible I see.

Indeed that is a question that one must ask since death is something that we do not fully understand. Whatever way an animal is killed one may ask the question you proposed. Thus it would strike me as being reasonable that the method which shuts down the animal's brain functions the quickest would be the safest bet. With the loss of its brain functions the animal would effectively be dead as it would no longer be able to register pain, sense anything or otherwise regulate its bodily functions.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-02-02 12:59
@ Scots!

U think we live in a humane world? Is everything in our world done the humane way?

Its a western philosophy we living in, The "square" world if you may call it, where money and power rules, where the poor die of starvation a "humane" way of dieing? And who allows that?? Your Governments my governments, we all do!!!

A little trivial compared to your defence right??
We just living the best we know how...

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-02 13:11
Quote:

On 2006-02-02 12:59:49, 786KBR wrote:
@ Scots!

U think we live in a humane world? Is everything in our world done the humane way?

So your logic is that because inhumanity exists in the world no one should seek to be humane? Inhumanity exists in this world, but where we can ease suffering and create harmony we should.

Quote:

Its a western philosophy we living in, The "square" world if you may call it, where money and power rules, where the poor die of starvation a "humane" way of dieing? And who allows that?? Your Governments my governments, we all do!!!

Spare me the tired political cliches please, they are tangential to this discussion. As I said above, just because not everything is nice and rosy in this world doesn't mean to say that one should not seek a better world and do what one can to bring that about.

Quote:

A little trivial compared to your defence right??
We just living the best we know how...

You made the point of saying that killing an animal by shooting it was inhumane by comparing it with a murderous rampage. Apart from the analogy being completely nonsensical it is also blatantly false. Essentially what you are saying here is that you have a way of doing things, which you believe you must adhere to unquestionably even if the possibility of a better way is presented. Hence you are not 'just living the best you know how', rather you are just living the best way that protects your own world view.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-02-02 12:15 ]
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-02-02 13:28
I have no idea what you rambling on about...

But based on this discussion, I see it being another attack on the Islamic way of life and you trying to indirectly point out that our way of slaughter be barbaric...

Like axxxr said theres no way of quantifying pain at the time of death of an animal...

Maybe we need a doc in the house to try and quantify it for us...

I still feel that shooting it in the head is more barbaric...

But regardless of how you feel and as dogmatic as this reply is... It wont stop!!!!!!!

Deal With It!!!
So take your holy than thou atitude and stop questioning our beliefs!!

no offence Mr Scot, but we muslims always have to justify ourselves to other non-believers athiestic scrutiny....
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-02-02 14:13
Quote:

This reminds me of Yvonne Ridley who was a Sunday Express reporter who got captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan she was held prisoner by the Taliban she was so impressed by Islam she converted upon her release,now you would think such an experience would put someone off Islam but no,she now works as an active ambassador for the faith..You can read her vonne Ridley interview or vist her site:

After 9/11 many people disliked Muslims and Islam, glad to say I wasn’t one of them. Although this event had sparked and interest in Islam for me. Thanks to many at esato I now have gained knowledge about Islam and understand that it’s a peaceful religion with a message of peace like most if not all religions.
Unlike Yvonne Ridley I won’t be converting but as her abduction gave her a new way forward so did these so called Muslim terrorist events give me a better understanding of the religion. Every cloud…

Quote:

no offence Mr Scot, but we muslims always have to justify ourselves to other non-believers athiestic scrutiny....

You would have to as your claiming something that’s not proving (imo).
Your claiming something that’s never been seen, so its up to followers to prove it, if someone doesn’t believe in something its not up to them to prove its no true, how can someone prove nothing?
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-02 14:14
thats the sad thing.
People always tell us, dont generalize or stereotype, but then they fail to see that there is a difference between extremists and the true faith.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-02 14:17
in the media we only see the extremists which is why people think this - im no different i actually thought muslims were bad from what i saw on the news but then i met ppl like amnesia who told me the real story about islam and how the media is making them look bad. its easy to judge but people shouldnt
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-03 11:30
Quote:

On 2006-02-02 13:28:10, 786KBR wrote:
I have no idea what you rambling on about...

Unable or unwilling to defend your point so you resort to a pretence of ignorance.

Quote:

But based on this discussion, I see it being another attack on the Islamic way of life and you trying to indirectly point out that our way of slaughter be barbaric...

Are you so insecure in your beliefs that you perceive valid discussion and debate as being anathema to your way of life? You are the sort of person who gives religion a bad name; someone so entrenched in their own private discourse that any semblance of objective debate or questioning illicits a response of victimisation. Your view seems to be that if one does not agree with Islamic pactice one is denigrating Islam.

I don't care what religion you follow; you can believe Elvis lives on the Moon for all I care. Someone's religion does not make me treat them any differently. If I disagree with something then I disagree with it irrespective of whether it is Islamic, Christian, Jewish or whatever else.

Quote:

Like axxxr said theres no way of quantifying pain at the time of death of an animal...

Maybe we need a doc in the house to try and quantify it for us...

And yet you support a method of killing based on its alleged lack of pain for the animal.

Quote:

I still feel that shooting it in the head is more barbaric...

But regardless of how you feel and as dogmatic as this reply is... It wont stop!!!!!!!

You are entitled to whatever opinion you like, but it seems to be that you are unwilling to allow others to freely expess their opinion where it conflicts with your own. Rather you claim a differing opinion is an attack on your faith.

Quote:

Deal With It!!!
So take your holy than thou atitude and stop questioning our beliefs!!

Again we see the victimisation routine. Clearly you have issues with anyone who would ask a question of Islam rather than blindly adhering to doctrine. Your God gave you free will, perhaps it would be wise to actually start using the gift He gave you.

Quote:

Again victimisation. As far as I can see no one here is attacking anyone else's religious beliefs, rather they are discussing the practicalities of slaughtering animals for food.

Incidentally I am not an aethiest.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi