Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > let shoot se before they shoot us

12  Next
Author let shoot se before they shoot us
wise guy 78
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-01-13 22:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i was a loyal customer of se but it seems they are falling in nokia mistakes for example there is no diff between w800 and w810i when i visted thier web site to read about the w810 they kept a link of comparing it with other phone but the amazing thing that thy disable the option of comparing w810 with w800 cause they know there no diff only the look and they simply want to cheat the customer who dont know much about sony ericsson phones, its really bad .please guys check the lind in the w810 page and correct me if im wrong ..
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-13 22:06
there is no cheating. many se models were, are and will be released in different model names, according the different network systems ( gsm, cdma etc ) i think its pretty weird and unlogical, /// managed it way more simple once:

r520m - european market

r520mc - asian market ( c is for chinese )

Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-01-13 22:08
I think that's part of MARKETING strategy matey It does happen to other mobile phone brands as well, like for instance, Nokia. They released the 7250 then the 7250i models which only HAS slight difference on it's features, so goes with the 6230 and 6230i (VGA to 1MP cam) . . . the verdict will then lie on the buying public if they will fall into their TRAP and buy those models . . . [addsig]
bugsiiy
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-01-13 22:14
Just take another look on some sites like gsmarena.com where you can compare phones and see that W810i has EDGE while W800i doesn't have,plus there were a few more add-ons.
wise guy 78
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-01-13 22:19
with all respect to ur opinion , if nokia or other company doing this strategy that is not excuse for other to do same , we as customer most stand and show them that we dont buy models just because its new if you notice nokia got the lesson and if think about there new models they are trying to increase the option rather than design as they use to do , and im saying that because i use when i buy new ericsson or sony ericsson to find a diffrence and improvment in the option and that what make them better than nokia in the last two years and they should keep this up , even the quality is reduced in the latest se mobile and they kept thier phone expensive...
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-01-13 22:24
@wise - GOing back with your 1st post, yeah I do AGREE that is following the strategy of Nokia in releasing fone models in quick succession . .. or better known as - proliferation, and I made notice of this 2 years back . . . first was this T610 then the T630, which is almost the SAME ! Again, that is part and parcel of their marketing strategy dude . . . [addsig]
wise guy 78
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-01-13 22:24
plus they reduce the internal memory from 34 mb to 20 mb in the w800 and that what they want from us to get confussed ...
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-01-13 22:28
Yup, I agree with this one dude, like that of theinternal memory in the P9 and P910i . . .where the latter has the LEAST internal memory size considering that it's the LATEST release . . that time. I hope I am right with the models here [addsig]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-14 01:15
The reason you can't compare the phones is because you can only compare available models. It's no conspiracy to make you buy something you don't want. It's certainly got nothing to do with the fact they are similar.

They are not the same phone though. There are significant differences between w800 and w810. For a start w810 has EDGE, the w800 doesn't. W810 is quadband, w800 isn't. The W810 has 20MB on board memory, the W800 has 38MB. The W810 has no active lense cover the W800 does.

In some respects you are right - the W810 is basically a W800 for the EDGE market, that is why it seems so similar.

Here's the comparison you want
http://www.esato.com/phones/index.php/phone=216,cp=167

S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2006-01-14 01:20
Memory is the same in w800 and w810. The firmware in w810 is bigger and therefore leaves less space fomr the user on the on board memory.

There are diffrences. w810 got new design/clors, bigger screen , EDGE, is quadband, got music buttons on front (d-pad), new software/menus, real HTML browser, lightsensor which will adjust screen and keypad lightning to save battery, supports Flashlight, activity menu button...

The changes are many. If you think of it, all phones are upgrades. All phones from a company look-alike. You can not expect a totaly new product from a company. All new products are evolved from older products. can not invent the wheel with every mobile.

Do not forget makes mobiles. Therefore all mobiles will have certen functions. A lot of them will be same in every phone.

Should we start complaning now why you can make calls and send sms with every mobile?

Or should not release a new phone unless it has 20 new functions?

Is bigger screen and better camera not enough for a new device? Or say new gui...

What is it that makes a new device a copy from a old one?

Should be forbidden to use the color black in new devices? It seems like every new black phone is a copy of the old one.

Should stop making phones with the screen on top and buttons beneath it? Same old copy design...

Should be forbidden to use the same camera in more than one phone? I mean a new 2mp camera phone is a copy of the old 2mp phone...

Should be forbidden to release a new phone with edge and 850 band because it will also be able to be used outside the 850 band?

Should stop making phones bacause all phones got the same logo on them and therefore resembles the old phones?

WTF is wrong with you people???
It seems people are allways complaining when there is a new phone out.
The phones will have similar functions and design. The phones will also have improve functions and new functions. Some phones will have less functions.

How come a car company can produce and sell a car in 50 million versions but a phone company cant?

Some don't need a V12 and go for the 2.0 or 1.4 engine.
Others want a sportscar and not a suv-
But all cars still have 4 wheels, seats, chassi, steering wheel. And guess what, you can drive them.
All mercedes cars and all toyotas fit this description.
Are they copys of each other?

It's the same with phones. The phones will have some basic functions. That don't make them copys!
Also the term basic functionality changes with every stock of released mobiles. Don't be so narrow minded and think that just because one thing is common today you can take it for granted.

[ This Message was edited by: S4k1s on 2006-01-14 00:23 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-14 01:32
mate you are quite right about all your points however I have to disagree about the memory. They may have the same physical memory, but it is useless to the end user if it can't be used. In fact the W800 itself has more than 38MB memory - since some of it's memory has to be used for firmware also. But no one argues when we say it has "38MB memory".

The issue is USER MEMORY.

However I agree with your other points mate, well said.
JwY
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2006-01-14 03:15
Quote:

On 2006-01-14 01:20:43, S4k1s wrote:

There are diffrences. w810 got new design/clors, bigger screen , EDGE, is quadband, got music buttons on front (d-pad), new software/menus, real HTML browser, lightsensor which will adjust screen and keypad lightning to save battery, supports Flashlight, activity menu button...

[ This Message was edited by: S4k1s on 2006-01-14 00:23 ]

i thought the screen size was the same
rebirth.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-14 03:21
I think it's a little bigger but with the same resolution?
JwY
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2006-01-14 03:25
really? do you have a link? i just want to see
i would have thought they'd cut production costs by just using the w800 or k750 screens instead of developing a new one
rebirth.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-14 03:42
no it's just something in the back of my head. I may well be wrong.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi