Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > W800 and HCB-700 Bluetooth issues

Author W800 and HCB-700 Bluetooth issues
Daz.
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-01-11 16:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi I have read a number of posts on connectivity issues between devices and a number of SE phones but have not seamed to come across a solution.

I upgraded from my broken T68i to a W800i the other month and am pretty impressed with the advances made since my T68 was new. I decided to get the HCB-700 as it offered a number of features above other kits and also wanted to keep everything SE as I thought that keeping things single manufacturer would help with connectivity.

Well, how wrong can you be! I wish I'd come across this forum be before getting the phone!

I can only achieve BT connection for less time thank it takes for the screen saver to kick in. I then loose connection. If I make a call then the phone stays connected for the duration of the call but then disconnects shortly after finishing the call.

I have used the upgrade program to run in the latest FW but no change in the symptoms.

Has anyone had any more luck in finding a solution? Does anyone else have the same combination of Phone and Car Kit?

Oh, yeah, very embarasing can anyone tell me how to see which FW version I have on the phone??

Daz
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-11 16:09
Hi
Welcome to Esato.
To check the firmware version: From the standby screen press
R * L L * L * (R=right joystick stroke and L=left)
Your other queries should be answered soon.
Meanwhile do check out the Answers to the most common questions on Esato thread..
Have a nice stay..

[ This Message was edited by: whizkidd on 2006-01-11 15:11 ]
Daz.
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-01-11 16:16
Thanks whizkidd - I'll have a read through that section.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi