Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > RAZR V3i first impressions

123  Next
Author RAZR V3i first impressions
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-01-04 23:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
some might remember my Motorola RAZR V3 discussion (was LF: ) thread which started off as a thread with me looking for a V3 not long after they came out

Well, like the startac before it the V3 has been one of my longest owned phones and I have resisted getting other colours

it was my main phone for a couple of months until my JAM came along but has never been out of the backpack I carry daily and I often used it as my second phone

now, today, my V3i has arrived and my first impression is that I still prefer the silver look of the original compared to the gun metal grey of the new.

The menu is much the same but with the addition of the video recording which was only available in the V3 by seem editing. My V3i has about 11.5mb memory compared to the original 5mb although, again, it was possible to extend that in the original (see here)

however, the V3i accesspts transflash and indeed comes with 64mb

I'm still going through it all but here are a few comparison pics to look at

top side

bottom side

open and starting up

under the battery cover, note the V3i transflash is located to the left of the sim

right hand side

left hand side

illuminating

on the V3i, the moto logo on front lights up blue!

full size SD vs mini SD vs transflash
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-01-04 23:57
i do like it, but im nto a fan of the menus for some reason.
but looks better IMO
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 01:00
I really like this v3i, the little style changes have sold it on me, its still a shame about the UI Nice review massuer
OBEY GAINT
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 01:25
The 'shell' and menu keys are the same . .. some adjustments made were only at the back - near the battery slot (for memory card) and that illuminating 'M' logo near the front (exterior) LCD. I wonder if it comes in light colors (shade).

3. Молодой мальчик - ИДИОТ!
4. If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

[ This Message was edited by: JN on 2006-01-05 00:28 ]
below24
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-05 01:32
How long have you had and used your V3 (silver) it looks pristine...
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 01:43
Looks like a WEEK old one to me It uses a Transflash card, similar to that of the Motorola A780 too ! [addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 07:15
I got my V3 on 31/10/2004 according to the thread I linked to in the first post however that first one got barred and the seller replaced it early in 2005

I've sold it to a colleague now who is very happy. it was unbranded and came in that metal box with all sorts of extras
Pallister
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 13:22
Well I got my V3i yesterday as well and took it to Motorola Norway for a language change!

The phone is now "dead"

So I just have to wait until they can revive it again (if they can), to enjoy my new gadget.....
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 13:31
oh dear, I hope they sort that quickly

mine has English, French, german, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Turkish and Portugese

Mine is also the variant without itunes. Instead it has what looks like quite a capable "Digital Audio Player" by Motorola which offers categories of Playlists, Artists, Albums, Songs and Genres which is a much better offering than the W800 I had

still not convinced about whether it was worth the change but thats probably as it won't be servicing me as my main phone and so will only get very little use, mind you my K750 is really just a radio to me at the moment!
Pallister
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 21:21
Same as mine then I guess. Mine didnt come with Itunes either, which I preferred anyway.

That was about that I found out before I left in the "safe hands" of Motorola Norway
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 21:25
i can't wait to get a pink one lol

it's a nice phone.... good upgrade but the v3 thing is making me sick in all honesty...

Shaolinmonk on HOFO Official PHONE JUNKIE
My P1i Review
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152437&start=0
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 21:30
Quote:

On 2006-01-04 23:57:04, EastCoastStar wrote:
i do like it, but im nto a fan of the menus for some reason.
but looks better IMO

i hate the GUI it sucks....
Trusted Trader: 50Cent (+6, -0)
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 21:41
@DragonEye, then waste no more time on it we have 2 threads discussing the "v3 thing" so I didn't really want to get into that here

@EastCoastStar and 50Cent, yeah people say that everytime there is a motorola discussion in the same way that nokia people I speak to don't like GUI. but like everything, you soon get used to it. We are very adaptable as humans We've all had to adapt to the changing GUI too! anyway, motorola have a new GUI coming soon

After a full days use I'm getting to quite like the outside colour but the inside is darker and I really don't like that.

The music player is really good and I've loaded the supplied 64mb transflash up with music and videos and ordered a 512mb one off ebay

The browser seems a little snappier than the V3 and like the V3, comes preloaded with various operators settings (called web sessions) to choose from

the V3 always produced great pics but they are even better now and I will load some up by the weekend. The video is not too bad either.

The phone came with mobile phone tools 4 compared withe the 3.28 I had with the V3 so I'll load that up a little later to see whats new
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 22:00
That little piece of blue plastic film over the inside top motorola sign has always annoyed me on the phones of people that either leave it there or dont know it comes off!!!
I just spent the whole of last weekend taking them off my (female side) families pink v3's! lol Theres more than 6 people in my family got the pink one, not even mentioning the black and silver ones!
Feedback (+58, -0) Platinum Trader!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 22:04
yeah, I've seen pics of it off when I first got my V3 a year ago (didn't know it came off until then) but I actually liked the blue and so left it on, and now also left it on the V3i which has even more blue on the inside to go with that bit
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi