Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > New W550 firmware

Author New W550 firmware
daddyb
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-30 21:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My W550 went a little doolally, I almost sent it back, but decided to check SEUS II (I'd downloaded it when I saw it available, thought it would be handy).

Waddaya know? A few days back, nothing. Today - its saying that there is a Euro 2 update available, it installed perfectly, and my W550 is now totally behaving itself.

Not sure of what has been updated, as I only have a note of the prior firmware in the office (won't be there until next week), but ... the camera software has definitely changed from v4.4 to v4.5 (its too dark here at the moment to say if there is an improvement). Its now on R4BA041 (I see the review copy on Esato is R4AB048). Not sure how the version numbering on SE firmwares go, but I'd guess from the AB/BA that mine is later?).

I'm waiting for my music to copy over before I can comment on the walkman player as well (it had way too much background noise before).
Crespo88
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2006-01-16 14:59
where can i get this software from. Im new with these kinda stuff, so help would be appreciated.
bounce550
W550 white
PM
Posted: 2006-01-17 01:26
daddyb, did you use the cable to install it?

I tried that but when i pressed "c" it just restarted my PC.

When I try updating via gprs it tells me i'm up to date!!

im on o2 in the uk btw!

My cam is using 4.4 so obviously i need to upgrade.

also, is your cam now better quality coz mine is crap in bad light, compared to my k700i!!

cheers!
hemangjb
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2006-02-10 10:58
Hello
I used my SE w550 for almost 3 months and was very satisfied. Unfortunately i updated my cell thru the SE website thru USB cable. Now the songs in Mega Bass equilizer settings makes a terrible cracking sound in full volumn. It never happened before. Full volumn was like great Music.
But now i am wondering what to do.
Kindly Help
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi