Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Phones over the UK?

12  Next
Author Phones over the UK?
Funky-Fish
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-21 17:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, I live @ the US, and im goin on a vacation @ the UK....
My question is about pricing.....i went to www.expensys.co.uk and looked at some Cell prices...what i am wondering about is if the "Expensys" reflects the average prices foe Cellular Phones over the UK.
Generally, i will stay in London, but i wouldnt mind to travel to Manchester to save some extra Pound....
OH, and Before London i will be in Amsterdam (NL) , does it gets chipper over there?

I would love to get some references about recomended Cell Phones shops @ London area and Amsterdam..

Thnx in advance,
Liron
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-09-21 18:05
may I ask why you are posting the same question three times?

[ This Message was edited by: TRANQUIL on 2002-09-22 11:10 ]
Funky-Fish
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-21 18:28
Yeh, cause i didnt knew where does this tread belongs to....
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-09-21 19:57
you could both have helped by answering the question as well! expansys are quite cheap and competitive for offline phones. as far as contract phones are concerned, which you may have difficulty with as a visitor, they are not good. take a look at mobileshop.com, themobilerepublic.com or even kelkoo. Carphone Warehouse are a great independent store they also sell all there phones offline.

This post was posted from a WAP device

tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-09-21 20:19
@Funky-Fish
I'm sure you know, but just in case... Keep in mind, when you look at new phones here in Europe, you need a tri-band phone to be able to use it when you get back home to the US. It would be a real bloomer to find your self coming back home with a brand new paper weight and not a phone.
Safe journey, and welcome to Europe.

This post was posted from a T68i

[ This Message was edited by: tranquil on 2002-09-21 21:17 ]

Funky-Fish
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-22 00:28
Well, thnx alot guy for all your help, now i have a clue... just 1 more thing, does expasys has a physical shop, where i can visit? or that is a Net Shop?
can1
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 00:59
Expansys is a net shop. You cannot physically visit it. Hope this helps and I hope you have a great time in the UK. London's not all that great, try Birmingham and Manchester. The people there aren't jerks like the majority of people in London!
Nokia make me
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 01:59
hater!
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 10:41
I love London. Great city, heaps of stuff to do and plenty of pubs... Mind you, I've only been a tourist there.

can1
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 17:29
@ Tranquil

There you have it.You were a tourist. If you live there then it would get you down. Packed tubes full of beggars, rip off prices and majority of people in London don't even live there 'cos it's so expensive to buy a house, they commute!

Go figure....
Nokia make me
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 17:51
can1,
i live in London and it doesnt get me down.

it's not the best city in the world...neither is Birmingham.

reason why the majority of people who work in London dont live there is because its the capital city and the financial centre of the country....if you've ever travelled outside the UK you'll find this is common practice across the globe...not just limited to London, people travel to where the work is.

most people who earn more than the average wage in Wolverhampton commute to Birmingham to work, does that make Birmingham a sh** city?...you go figure.
BBBold on T-Mobile UK
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 20:22
@can1 Yes, I've only been visiting London, but that is exactly what FunkyFish is going to do as well. You know visiting, as in staying there for a short period of time, tourist, as in seeing the sights, catching the atmosphere, finding out what makes the city famous. Going on holiday, relaxing and having a good time. You are not a very good advertisment for London, are you? Every city has bad things. Why not tell FunkyFish about the good things London has to offer and make him look forward to go there?

ultimatemobiles
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-22 21:44
I've been going to university in London for the past 3 years and I love it there.

It has everything you could possibly want in a city and a capital.

As with all places it has negatives, but the they are far outweighed by its positives.

London is not that expensive unless you are buying property, which I doubt Funky-Fish will be doing as a tourist!

Anyway hope you have fun in the UK Funky-Fish!

Try and stay clear of Birmingham tho!

Simon
can1
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 22:29
@ Decoy7

Methinks I have touched a raw nerve! Did I say that I thought Birmingham was the best city?.. NO. I just stated that the people in London compared to the people in Manchester and Birmingham were not as friendly and I stand by that comment.

As for people commuting from Wolverhampton to Birmingham, big deal. A very high percentage of the people who live in Birmingham WORK in it. You can't say that for London at all.

I'm sure you think London is a great place but for the rest of us outside of the M25, which is the rest of the UK in case you didn't know, you don't get charged the ridiculous prices for anything as you do in London. The BBC itself has been criticised for being London centric so I guess that speaks for itself....

As for any other Londoners then enjoy yourself trying to commute the 60 plus miles to work on the train/tube if it's running

Long live the REST of the UK!!!

P.s Try not to take yourself and this too seriously, I know it's hard but if we can't have a laugh then life isn't worth living, even in the smog....
Nokia make me
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 23:05
And then, just for the record, and those who does not know London, M25 is...??? See what I mean? I know what it is, but I guess there is quite a few out there who didn't know it's the motor/high way around London.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi