Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > The great T68i to W800i or iMate Jam experiment!

Author The great T68i to W800i or iMate Jam experiment!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-01 15:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That's great, thanks for letting me know
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-03 14:00
Got the first phone up for sale now, though it's only a T20s! Link below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]334630&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Will be listing a VGC boxed K700i shortly too
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-08 22:29
Sorry, not posted for a while as been busy. I have now just listed the main phone in the next stage of the experiment, which is a boxed, unlocked K700i that was on Vodafone but now totally debranded. Very nice phone, only a few scratches otherwise almost as new. Link is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]085042&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Well, that T20s actually sold for just over £10 including delivery, did a bit better than I thought!

Please place a bit if interested in the K700i, but sorry, I don't accept offers to end early I'm afraid!

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:09
Well, the K700i sold for £67, but oh no! It seems to be to a Nigerian scammer! They sent an email saying this:

Hello,
Compliment of the season..I'm Pleased to be a winner of your auction.Am presently on official assignment to India...I'm relatively new to Ebay as you can see,I have never bought anything on this site. I heard its very convinient and easy thats why i'm trying it now. This item is a New Year gift for my Son who is in Ibadan in Nigeria, I'm buying it for him because he requested for this and to show her i care about her due to distance between us.

I will be paying you by Paypal for this deal to be conclude very fast.....i will pay 30GBP for shipping by First Class RoyalMail Service,I will want you to kindly give me your paypal email account for quick payment......Note..Immediately i make the payment..paypal will notify you and your money will be credited immediately.
Do get back to me ASAP.

Regards
Linda

I suspect if I go ahead with this trade that I would end up falling into one of those 'chargeback' scams where the money gets taken back out of my account after payment?

mcrosser
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:31
yeah you should be carefull, although if you aren't sure, you can tell this guy that you already sold it to a nerby friend of yours, or something else, then put it for sale again saying you got another one, but be very carefull with this persons. it's very comon that email he sent you.

AVAILABLE - advertise here!!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-11 23:58
Already emailed him/her to say I don't ship to Nigeria - I think I'll start stating that in auctions. I've send a second chance offer the the nearest underbidder, who has some positive feedback.

Really annoys me these scammers, plus they give Nigeria and honest Nigerians a bad name

santfekuss
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-02-12 21:01
Recently sold a w800i on ebay and had 3 nigerian scammers in 1 day.They're a pain in the arse,Think I had it for £210 on BIN and one of them offered me £480

Anyway,put this up today:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]38&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:UK:31

And this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]10&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:UK:31
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-15 19:21
Damn scammers!

I've now relisted the K700i, should hopefully be reachable via my link in my sig, if not the links:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]pagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

And for a shameless plug, I'm selling a K500i with charger separate to the experiment if anyone's interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]pagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Qoastro
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-15 19:25
I thought you meant you were going to put the K750i firmware in the T68i or so hahaha
Death of a Motorola.3gp

Temporarely down, but it's up again, thanks to nicko ^^ Download and watch it
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-15 23:39
Now that would be a trick and a half!

Interesting proposition though, a T68i with a 262k colour screen and a 2 megapixel camera!

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-20 15:46
Well, the K700i sold for £51 this time round, still a profit though! My only worry is that the buyer was a zero rated bidder in France. He's paid via Paypal, and I'm posting the phone this afternoon, but just have a niggling worry this guy's going to try a chargeback on me or something. I'm sending the phone International Signed For to reduce the risk of that, fingers crossed nothing untoward happens, or the experiment will have come to an undignified end!

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-20 20:25
I've decided now also to include non faulty phones, in the phones I am after as part of this experiment, as they seem to sell for a lot more on Ebay than they can be bought on here.

So I'm going to incorporate into the experiment and exploit the difference between buying phones here on Esato, and seeing how much more (if anything) they go for on Ebay. Of course, I'd only be interested if the price was right, otherwise I'll stick to faulty fixie-uppies.

I actually also now have a pristine 6100 to sell, and a fully working 3410, I might get those listed too. If they go for the right amount, I could be getting close to £100! Not a bad return really. Admittedly it has taken a long time to get to this stage, but as I said before, I'm probably not devoting enough time to this (and keeping this thread up to date!) as I should be, because of real life, work, girlfriend, etc.!

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-21 22:43
Got the first of my next phones for the next stage of the experiment! It's a Motorola V3 RAZR that needs a new screen, and probably a new housing. It might be cheaper for me to buy a V3 that doesn't power up, and simply swap the mainboard around, will have to see when I get the phone. I have just over £23 left, and will hopefully tomorrow list that 6100 and 3410 for a bit more cash towards my next phone/spare parts.

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-22 19:15
Just come across one minor stumbling block on my next sales....

Was going to list that couple of Nokias, and just realised I've not got any chargers for them! Possibility of buying a couple of chargers so far (thanks Dealer3 ) but need another one! Then will list.

Chazzer3
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-22 19:58
Awesome this seems to be going well ? Could you give a kind of summary or something? on the first page, like starting money, current money, phones at hand, phones sold or something, up to you, but I think that could be quite cool!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic