Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > The great T68i to W800i or iMate Jam experiment!

Author The great T68i to W800i or iMate Jam experiment!
jenbones
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-24 16:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well it's simple why do I need to if i'm getting a new phone, there would be no point.

I will not be selling this phone for less than £30.

Good luck.

I will not be selling this phone for less than £30 it's on auction for £15, what's this guy talkin' about!!??!!
1500+ Posts
dazbradbury
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-24 17:43
@above,

yeh, the guy in that listing is not allowed to say that. So i think if you won it for less that £30, he would still be under eBay contract to send it to you. He would have had to use a reserve price is that's what he wanted to do.

(I think anyway...)

Really wanna see you go from a t68i to a w800, inspiration to us all!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-25 11:31
I've put that K700i in my watch list, but I can see the potential for conflict if i win the auction for less that £30! I wouldn't want to pay quite that much for a faulty K700i anyway!

The other thing I could do as well is buy a couple of cheaper faulties, say two £20 ones and sell them, not necessarily just one phone!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

starhannes
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-12-25 12:05
do u want to buy first hand w800i or a second hand?
how much cash have you made out of doing this so far?

good luck for the future
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-25 12:31
So far I've made and got £40, which is what I'm looking to spend on the next phone to repair. I'm looking both here on Esato, and on Ebay too.

It may well be something else by the time I've made enough money, could try going for a W900 perhaps!

I'll have to see how much I make and how long it takes me (as I've got R/L as well, not doing this as quick as I could!)
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-03 21:27
I now have the next phones bought in the experiment!

Now have the four T20/T29s, and now a Samsung E800, boxed with all it's bits, only problem is the screen/camera sometimes goes a bit funny. I'm hoping this is only due to a slightly loose data cable, and am hoping that it can be fixed by simply ensuring this data cable running between the PCB and screen is pushed securely into it's connectors.

I've just literally sold an E800 for £67, so potential for a bit of profit there!

And hopefully the four old Ericssons will all work fine with batteries and chargers, and supply a healthy bit of profit also

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-04 19:05
The next stage of the experiment is not going so well!

I recieved the 3 T20s and the T29 today - all powered up, but one had a lock code on it and one was locked to T-Mobile (of which I don't have a sim). So I decided to get SEMCtool 2.2 and my DSS-25 on the job. I managed to get rid of the lock code on one, then tried to unlock it to any network.

And - disaster!! Tried powering the phone up, and it did nothing except the green service light came on and stayed on. And the only way to get it to go off is to take the battery out.

And to make matters worse, I tried unlocking the T-Mobile one thinking that it was a one off, and I've fried the firmware on that too!

At least the other two appear to be fine - apart from a missing side slider on the T20, and a missing battery clip on the T29! I think I'll be lucky to get my money back on these

Hopefully my main purchase, the Samsung E800 with the dodgy screen should be more of a money maker potentially!

btw, feel free to post comments/questions here, or let me know if you're interested or not, I sometimes feel like I'm talking to myself here!

Kimi
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2006-01-04 22:35
@Sammy_boy:

the T20s are not lost! As far as I know you need a so-called T28 Service cable to do propper unlocking. Only with that cable the changes can be finalized. It might help to reflash the phones entirely.
But others on esato know more about this than I do...
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-07 17:37
Looks like I've run into my first problems. Two of the T20s are already kaput (though I've had an offer for them!), and the third one is showing some signs of misbehaving now! At least the T29 is fully working now with a battery (Thanks to Vein) which was only a fiver.

So, technically I have now spent a further £5 on the experiment, plus the E800 cost £2.05 more than I had in my Paypal account, so add that to the £5.55 and I have now spent £12.60 in total.

And another problem is that the E800, which I was hoping only needed the data cable putting back into place has actually got a damaged data cable so I need to buy a replacement one. This will mean a further outlay or probably about £10.

Despite this, the experiment is going reasonably well. I've been lucky so far that the phones I've had have only needed minor repairs and no parts - once you start factoring in parts it starts eating into any profits you make. Mind you, I may be lucky with the E800, as I sold one for over £60 recently so there's still hope!

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-08 19:40
Right, just bought a replacement flexi ribbon for £4.45 delivered off Ebay for the E800, adding that to the £12.60 makes £17.05 in total.

Still not bad for a (hopefully!) working E800 at the end of it, though that consignment of old Ericssons might prove to be a bit of a pig in a poke

Vein
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-01-08 20:57
At the moment it's going well, there'll always be ups and downs

Good Luck with the rest of this experiment!
Vein Autostyling (+28 -0)
www.cliosport.net
www.e30zone.net
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-12 21:15
Had a bit of good tidings today at last! The data ribbon arrived today, fitted it to the E800 and Bingo! Phone now appears to be fully working

So will get it up for sale soon all being well

Pepi
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-01-12 22:49
wow the experiment seems to be working
santfekuss
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-01-14 18:52
Will be putting my k750 on ebay tonight.
Deffo needs a new housing,needs joystick cleaning out, and the earpiece volume is way to high,distorts slightly so many seconds into the call.
Cannot return it under warranty as I flashed it with w800i FW.

How much.... ????

[ This Message was edited by: santfekuss on 2006-01-14 17:54 ]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-14 18:56
If you mean what price to sell it at, start it at 99p and see where it goes, you may get a fair amount for it!

I might be interested, but currently don't have much money, but could perhaps do a swap deal

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic