Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > The great T68i to W800i or iMate Jam experiment!

Author The great T68i to W800i or iMate Jam experiment!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-02 23:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Of course I have nothing against the T68i, it just makes a good starting point.

I'm tempted to find another cheap 'fixie uppie' to keep for myself!

Few minutes left guys/girls!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-03 10:29
Well, the phone sold for £16, or £19.95 including postage! Made a nice bit of profit, hopefully enough to get a faulty T610 or equivalent to fix up.

So I'm now looking for a phone with a fault for £20, or less than £20 to account for buying any new parts the phone needed.

I'm going to start here on Esato first to see what faulty phones people have before hitting Ebay, take a look HERE for the thread I've started!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-03 13:00
May be of some interest?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BATCH-O[....]goryZ22325QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Feedback (+58, -0) Platinum Trader!
Pradhika
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-12-03 13:11
Winners make things happen. Wish you success.

This message was posted from a WAP device

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-05 16:35
I now have my next phone, well I will when I get it hopefully tomorrow!

It's an unlocked Motorola V500, though this one's fully working. I'm going to put it on Ebay and hopefully make a profit - think I've got a bargain there as that's the price you could pay on Ebay for a faulty V500!

Masseur's also sold me a Nokia 8250 that doesn't power up for a pound, be interesting to see if I can get that working also! If not, I bet I could sell that for spares and hopefully make a couple of quid on it

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-08 13:57
Recieved the V500 today! All's well with it, nice little phone, had a black/silver facia fitted. I'll post a picture of it (as well as the T68i) later too

Just as an example of how this can potentially work, I bought a Samsung D500 with a 'scrambled' screen fault for £56.55 inc. postage. After taking it apart and fiddling with the data ribbon between the phone and PCB ensuring it was pushed in correctly, the phone now works fine!! So I've bought a £130-£150 phone for a about a third of it's value

Might keep that one for a while as I rather like it

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-10 21:18
The next phone in the experiment is now up for sale on Ebay!!

A nice Motorola V500 and charger, unlocked to any network, fully working. Nice little phone!

Link to the auction is now in my signature, feel free to have a bid or ten

Jordan17
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2005-12-10 22:57
Seems to be going well, I see the phone has not yet had a bid but has 2 days to go. How much did you pay for this?
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-10 23:59
Not sure if I should put the price I paid for it as it might put people off - but you could probably guess - I had £20 from the sale of the T68i, and I couldn't pay any more than that!

Oh yes, nearly forgot, I haven't posted any photos yet:

The phone that started it all - the first T68i:

Which then funded the V500 which is now for auction in the link in my sig:

shoei
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-11 00:36
Goodluck man! I gotta see how this turns out!
What?
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-11 00:41
Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get!

As an example of how things cannot go so well now - I've just bought a Samsung E800 with a 'white screen' problem - it works fine other than this fault. I tried taking the phone apart and fixing it - and managed to make the problem worse, now the screen doesn't display anything! The screen connector on the main PCB has a broken securing bit on the connector for the ribbon that goes to the screen -beyone my capabilities. Phone will only be good for spares for me

If I'm lucky I'd get my money back by listing the phone back on Ebay, or using it for parts. Compare that to potentially more than doubling my money with the D500 I talked about a few posts ago!

It's a gamble, this experiment. I could be lucky and get relatively simple and cheap to fix problems on phones, or an almost irreparable (to me anyway) one that could hamper me, but there's only one way of finding out!

dude_se
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-12-11 00:51
dont think that you are on a roll and it will be easy just because of one great success (d500). just keep on taking it slow and hope for the best. dont buy a load of phones and convince yourself you will fix them all. its worth a try and i cant wait to see the results.

dude_se
10 +'ve feedback's, 0 -'ves
---------------------------
shoei
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-11 01:20
@Sammy_Boy:

I know it's probably impossible and/or a stupid question. Can you add an additional band to your phone (by the word "band" i mean like Tri Band or Quad Band). In my area, Cingular mainly uses the 850mhz freq, so i'm very limited on my phone coverage....Once i go into some buildings i lose my signal
What?
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-11 10:09
Quote:

On 2005-12-11 01:20:20, shoei wrote:
@Sammy_Boy:

I know it's probably impossible and/or a stupid question. Can you add an additional band to your phone (by the word "band" i mean like Tri Band or Quad Band). In my area, Cingular mainly uses the 850mhz freq, so i'm very limited on my phone coverage....Once i go into some buildings i lose my signal

Not quite sure what you mean, I'm guessing you're asking if it's possible to 'install' or 'bolt on' an extra band on a phone - short answer to that I believe is no, impossible. Though this V500 I'm selling is a quad-band phone!

@dude - You're right, and that is one thing I have already found out, and that is there are swings and roundabouts with doing this. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you buy a complete turkey which you've paid too much for and is only useable for spares. I bet that will be the conclusion of this experiment too!

dude_se
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-12-11 12:50
just dont give up easily. im looking forward to the results

dude_se
10 +'ve feedback's, 0 -'ves
---------------------------
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic