Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > The great T68i to W800i or iMate Jam experiment!

Author The great T68i to W800i or iMate Jam experiment!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-03 11:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'll hopefully have about £150 with any luck after the current auctions end, and am wondering what phone to buy. I already (kind of) have a W800i with my hybrid phone, and am thinking of buying a different model of phone with my proceeds, but not sure which one? Preferably a , but might get another phone, perhaps a Nokia one like the N70 (though that might be just out of budget), depending on final amount. Any suggestions anyone?
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-03-03 16:12
Brilliant!

You have proven that it can be done, from an initial outlay of £5.55 for a broken T68i to a W800i or something.

Excellent. Pity you couldn't have posted pics of the phones involved to complete the transformation.

Well done!!!

I think I might start one myself.
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-03 19:54
I think i've got pics of most or all of the phones i bought and sold, i might start posting them!
Any suggestions on what phone, apart from the w800 i could buy?
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-03 19:58
V3i? or maybe a windows mobile phone
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-03 20:06
A windows mobile phone- there's an idea! I wouldn't mind a wifi enabled phone? Anyone know of one i can get for £150?, an imate or something?

jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-03 20:31
I would highly recomend the Imate PDA2K (also known as the XDA2S or Orange SPV M2000). I have one and it great. Bluetooth, wifi and a large screen.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-04 00:11
Just been looking at the Imate/XDA2S prices on Ebay, looks like they might be slightly out of my price range, might need another couple of sales!

Excellent spec though, I think it will be one of those I'll get from the proceeds of the experiment. The only downside is it seems to only have a VGA camera - but that's not the end of the world! It'll be nice to use my wi-fi connection to surf from it at home, looks like an excellent piece of kit!

mcrosser
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-03-04 06:37
you'll have to change the name of the thread then
suggestion: the great t68 to W800 (or something better) experiment.
I know you'll come up with something better though jeje

AVAILABLE - advertise here!!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-04 12:12
I'm currently working on a summary of what I've done so far, will stick it in the first post when it's done, which will probably be after the latest round of sales.

I've spent exactly £27.05 of my own money so far on this experiment. Though it may technically be less than that, as I bought a blocked Nokia 6100 to use the facia and chassis a little while ago, and sold the old facia/chassis and the blocked pcb in a job lot of faulty phones that weren't part of the experiment, so it may be a little less than that £27 if you take that into account.

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-04 13:56
Just found a couple of dead T20's from an earlier buy, just slung them on Ebay too, just click the link in my sig to view it, or any of my auctions!

Changed title too to take into account I might be getting an iMate with my proceeds!

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-05 22:37
Phones have been sold now!

I now have £150 almost exactly, and I think I'll see if I can get an iMate/XDA IIs now for it! Will start a wanted thread.

I have a feeling though I'm still slightly short, might need another sale or two but will see what happens!

solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 22:39
150 is a bit short i think for a imate jam
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-06 11:37
I may have got a bargain one off another Esatonian! Just need to sort out payment, bit tricky as he doesn't take paypal and that's where the money is, but will sort something out!

I'm planning another 'experiment', this time my aim is a digital SLR camera, so be a higher target. If this works out, it could be a handy way of 'saving' money to buy things I'd like, I'll also be a bit more accurate with my monitoring of funds, I've been a bit slap-dash and informal with this experiment, will probably put bits on a spreadsheet this time!

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-06 19:40
Just bought that xda2s! Should get it tomorrow.
Overall, i'd say the experiment was a success! Had a tenner left over so that can be knocked off the total amount i spent, watch this space as i'm thinking of doing another experiment to see if i can get a digital SLR next!

jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-06 19:53
Well done Sammy. The XDA2S is a great phone/PDA.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic