Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750 - Killed two birds with one stone. (BT - GMail)

Author K750 - Killed two birds with one stone. (BT - GMail)
Beep
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-22 14:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Killed two birds with one stone...

1. GMail Connection Issues
2. Bluetooth Pairing Issues

I had two problems with my SE K750 (not including that naff "Misery" Stick)...

1. GMail (See thread) - I couldn't connect fully to send/receive mail (not really a SE hardware problem but relates to

my K750).

The problem was a Sercurity "Trusted Certificate" issue (Thawte - thawtepremiumserverca.cer)...

...My phone already had several built-in certificates:
(Main Menu > Settings > Connectivity (TAB) >> Internet settings >> Security >> Trusted cert.)
VeriSign WTLS
Baltimore WTLS
Entrust WLTS
VeriSign
Baltimore
Entrust.net Root
GlobalSign
Thawte (you may also need this cert. as stated in other thread which I had already got, built-in)
Sony Ericsson E2E
VeriSign Class 3

Once I had installed thawtepremiumserverca.cer (listed as Thawte Premium Server CA) my GMail connection issues were

solved

I couldn't register with Thawte's web site so just googled for thawtepremiumserverca.cer and found a download URL.

2. Bluetooth (See thread) - The reason for getting bluetooth was to install my secutity certificate which I had

downloaded to my PC. Normally I would just use the cable supplied to transfer the CER file but for installing the CER file it

required a bluetooth conection (I don't know why!!! Just does...)

So off I popped and bought a Class 1 (100 meter range where as a Class 2 has a 10 meter range) Version 1.2.

Anyway, it didn't work with my K750. So it went back and was replaced with a Class 1 Version 2.0 + EDR.

Like I said at the begining...

I had "Killed two birds with one stone..."

Once I had installed the new bluetooth Class 1 Version 2.0 + EDR device I quickly paired and transferred my security

certificate and collected my much loved GMail.

thanks people for the info from those threads...
Tervel
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-11-22 19:27
Don't forget that the range on that is only as good as the weakest device connected to it. The K750 is has a Class 2 BT so its range is only 30ft (10m).
Beep
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-22 21:10
@Tervel

that a good point but as the dongle I bought may be used for other devices I thought "go for the class 1" - what can do a lot can do a little

The main bug for me is that I bought an out dated device v1.2 when v2.0 was available (and backward compatible with v1.1 v1.2) for the same price.

When it come to tech stuff it pays to shop around (or know what you need as the staff cann't help!)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi