Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Debrand Your p910i )

Author Debrand Your p910i )
mike_angelo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-22 00:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i did try to update. my phone still remained unbranded but the change i noticed is that the organizer returned to r4a10 from r5b10 or something like that. still im enjoying an unbranded p910i.

[ This Message was edited by: mike_angelo on 2005-12-21 23:42 ]
mike_angelo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-22 04:26
hey guy's goodnews! debranding can be achieved again.
follow these steps carefully:
1. uninstall your seus version 1.18 from your computer
2. go to the SE website choose asia and pacific - hongkong.
3. select phone (p910i).
4. select software update
5. download the software update. (12mb)
6. install it.
7. follow the instructions given by dr_dv. however in creating the unbrander. conf file save it as all files not as txt file. then go to folder options, then click view then uncheck hide extensions for known file type. if you see a .txt file delete it.
8. continue with unbranding your phone.
9. and have a good time enjoying your new unbranded sep910i!

[ This Message was edited by: mike_angelo on 2005-12-22 04:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mike_angelo on 2005-12-23 10:28 ]
wily.earthworm
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-22 13:37
"then go to folder options, then click view then uncheck hide extensions for known file type. if you see a .txt file delete it."

Are suggesting the unbraner .txt file itself shuld be deleted or just that the .txt file extention should be deleted leaving "unbrander" as the filename instead of"unbrander.txt" ?
mike_angelo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-22 15:40
yes delete the file name "unbrander.txt", the one that should be found is "unbrander .conf" which is a configuration file. it is what is read in the update.
i can send it by mail so everyone has an idea
ezcharlie
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-12-22 16:11
hey guy's goodnews! debranding can be achieved again.
follow these steps carefully:
1. uninstall your seus version 1.18 from your computer
2. go to the SE website choose asia and pacific - hongkong.
3. select phone (p9101). even if your phone is p910i. its the same thing
4. select software update
5. download the software update. (12mb)
6. install it.
7. follow the instructions given by dr_dv. however in creating the unbrander. conf file save it as all files not as txt file. then go to folder options, then click view then uncheck hide extensions for known file type. if you see a .txt file delete it.
8. continue with unbranding your phone.
9. and have a good time enjoying your new unbranded sep910i!

tried it, can't find a p9101 phone in H.K.
when installing seus II, there is no hfc folder anymore to copy the dll files and to create the unbrander.conf file...
btw, i'm using a dss-20 deskstop stand w/ my p910i can that work?

btw, i'm trying to run the SEUS v 1.19 using the p900 SE update but as was encountered by other users, the operator does not allow updates. the phone is made in france so i've tried both sites from france and the one from the philippines w/c is where i am now? is there any way can find out where this phone came from? (it's 2nd hand so i'm not sure where it was originally bought) it's already unlocked but i'd like to update the SW version. i have no contact w/ the orig. owner. how do i proceed???

i even tried the SE site from kuwait as i saw a sticker on the phone itself that made reference to a shop in kuwait that this phone could have possibly been bought from.

the error i keep getting is Your device is not permitted to use this service

"Your operator does not approve the use of this service with this device.
We look forward to assisting you again soon.
Thank you for using the Sony Ericsson Update Service!"

this happens after i connect the phone to the deskstand in an off position. anyone found anything yet???

[ This Message was edited by: ezcharlie on 2005-12-23 04:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ezcharlie on 2005-12-23 05:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ezcharlie on 2005-12-23 05:32 ]
mike_angelo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-23 11:34
hey ezcharlie, im from the philippines too. is your phone debranded already? meaning no vodafene/orange crap in it? can you access the gprs/mms provided by local opreators? if not, i'll send you the conf file. i need your email. but before you update/debrand you should uninstall any previous update software. then download the one supplied by the website. install it. then start the steps provided by dr_dv.
ezcharlie
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-12-23 20:50
hey. musta? ;-p~
the phone is unlocked already but i think i haven't activated the mms and gprs settings yet via globe. you have to send a msg to globe to have both mms and gprs activated on the phone and i haven't done that. tried doing it via the SE website and got the settings but i think the gprs isn't working still. my email is ezcharlie@email.com. p910i doesn't have the SEUS option anymore for the phil. site. which site should i go to or which phone? how about the hfcclasses dir? when installing the new SEUS II, it doesn't exist so how do i follow the orig. instructions?
mike_angelo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-24 04:41
hey! merry christmas! if you are using the seus II theres no need to go to the sonyericsson website. the update will start automatically. there's no more hfclasses forlder/directory. if you want to activate gprs/mms just txt go to 2951. the configuration wil be sent to you.
wily.earthworm
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-24 17:11
OK,

Back to the main subject matter. Does anyone know of a way of debranding a P910i using the new SEUS II ? I have a P910i on Orange. As mentioned earlier, the hfclasses folder no longer exists
ahaus19c
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-26 11:17
Does anyone has an modificated dll file for the new updateservice???
Piotr.pot
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-26 18:35
Hi!
The file "SEMCXUSB.dll" is now (SEUS II) in "Drivers" folder... I don't know is it change something...

Regards!
ahaus19c
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-26 19:24
Yeah i know!
but it's not working when you use the drivers folder!
im sure, one of the reason is that the program will not find the paths witch are in the dll file routing to the hfclasses path.
I would be very happy if anyone could edit the dll file, so that it would work with the new seus!

Or is there another way without an special cable to change the cda number???

Nice regards
Alex
sdrohrm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 14:32
I have a Sony Ericsson P910i and have tried this proceedure to no avail. The phone is a T-Mobile UK branded phone and I would like to debrand it for smoother operation on Cingular.

1) SEUS 1.18 does not appear to be available anymore and has been superceeded by 2.21. Do you know of any issues with this?
2) I do not have an hfclasses directory with SEUS 2.21 but the files you mention are located in a drivers file. What you are indicating almost sounds like a registry key. Are these the same files?
3) When I start the SEUS and proceed through it asks me to indicate, apparently the data connection, for my phone which is easy enough done. Then it proceeds to tell me to shut the phone off, remove the SMI, put the battery back in, and redock. Supposedly the phone should reconnect. This is dicey at best. I have not tried shutting down the mentioned service yet.
4) When this does work the SEUS scans the phone and then indicates that I have the latest update (R5B01) which I do, and closes the program.
5) The Sony Support page has apparently changed and does not let you access the page where you could manually or automatically check and upgrade your phone so it does not appear possible to restore to an earlier version then force the update.

The phone works well enough into the Cingular system but all of the T-Mobile loaded software and screen savers are annoying and interfere with getting my Cingular data services set up.

Any thoughts??
Gus_247
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-01-05 15:00
i am having exactly the same problem as sdrohrm except that mine doesnt even register any kind of connection after removing the battery and replacing the handset on the cradle.... i have done many a search for the 1.18 version of seus but to no avail... desperate to debrand the handset as i cannot receive mms's and it wont let me change the mms settings as it tells me the file is 'read only'...

grrrr...

any help, most deffo appreciated....

[ This Message was edited by: Gus_247 on 2006-01-05 14:01 ]
babak_1274
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-01-17 09:12
Dear Friend GUS_247
If you use an DSS-25 you have to Right Click on the connection to the phone " shown on quick lunch bar " and on PROPERTIES you have to uncheck all the connecting ports.
After this, It will works.
But I have the problem with the file that i have to delete for unbranding.
I couldn't find it.
Babak.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic