Add to Bookmarks
Previous  1234  Next
Author My phone is dead and wont charge
tr1t0n
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-18 01:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks for all the answers. Thanks for the tip about the memory card but it didnt help me..I come from Bergen in norway pallister
Anyway since there is not a easy solution for me on this problem I think I need to wait until I go back to norway on my christmas break the 17 december. Unfortunatly I cant afford the battery to 69 euro now. I checked for unorginal batteries all afternoon but without any luck. Also seen for the twin desktop charger which charges the battery without the phone but no luck also on that one. The best and most economical thing for me to do is to stick with my old Nokia until I can borrow a battery from a friend home in norway to try to reflash the phone. If thats not working Iam flashing it back to a k750i and keep my fingers crossed that they wont notice it when I deliver it in.. My only consern is that it can not be flashed. Really hope its nothing wrong that stops me from reflashing when I have the battery power.
I think I paid enough to sony for this phone and hope not to give them more money until they release the playstation 3
If anyone has a solution please add it here..
greathawk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-18 05:04
hi!
my phone is dead but it is charging. by the way my phone is a p800.
i was just thinking that SE might have a common problem when using it in low battery status coz when my p800 was in lo bat status, i tried making a call and it went off. i guess it's normal until i can't turn on my p800 again. it is charging though. i tried a known good battery but still the same. i tried removing the memory stick but still the same.
i then brought it to SE service center and they told me it is beyond repair as it has corrosions and signs that it has been wet. i was shocked coz i am the only one using it and i'm sure it has never been wet.
well i guess i have to find another service center but not SE.

one more thing, before this problem happend, i ordered w800i. it's not with me yet coz it's out of stock. would anyone here think i should cancel my order? i am afraid of having the same problem again but w800i best fit for my daughter's use...
CrazyBus
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-28 07:20
just today my phone crashed.....pulled out the battery and reset it. Then it had the white screen for a while and occasionally the two soft key buttons down the bottom. But now its gone to the same thing of white screen for 2 seconds then off.....
just wondering what you ended up doing with your phone
btw its a k750i as well

[ This Message was edited by: CrazyBus on 2005-11-28 06:21 ]
wilson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-28 07:44
welcome to ESATO CrazyBus
mario2002
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-28 08:33
Huh never happened to me before ;-)

This message was posted from a Nokia 7650

icewinds
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-28 08:41
M8...

Have a look at the power button, the K750i and the W800i phone has wimpy week pwer buttons, my phones both ahd to be reparied cause of that same problem...

Hope this helps,

*x-fingers*
* RISK: only once you loose sight of the shore can you discover new oceans *
CrazyBus
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-28 08:53
Quote:

On 2005-11-28 08:41:42, icewinds wrote:
M8...

Have a look at the power button, the K750i and the W800i phone has wimpy week pwer buttons, my phones both ahd to be reparied cause of that same problem...

Hope this helps,

*x-fingers*

hmm...if it was the power button then it wouldnt turn on at all
tr1t0n
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-28 19:00
Update on my phone.
I bought the new battery today and a credit at davinci. I reflashed my phone with the W800_R1N035 firmware. After the flash was done I power on my phone. Now after the white screen the sony ericsson logo came with one vibration, THEN it died on me again. Turned it on again and same thing happened. Connected the charge cable and then it said charging. Took the charge cable out again then the "walkman" animation came before it all turned black again. Tried to turn it on again but it was just like the first time, White screen, sony ericsson logo with a vibration then DEAD. I have a friend (god bless him) who gave me another credit to davinci for free. Flashed it with the latest K750i firmware but still no luck. Just as before DEAD.
I would really appreciate advice/help.

regards
Tr1t0n
tr1t0n
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-28 21:21
Update again!

Just charged the battery for a few hours. Went to the SE site and took a recovery on the phone. It now starts but hangs at the Please Wait screen. Nothing happens its just the please wait screen and I have waited 30 minutes. At least something new happened but still my phone is not working

CrazyBus
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-29 01:01
hmm it sucks how you flashed yours into a w800i....luckily i havnt so i will just be taking it into a service center. If they give me a replacement i may loose the shutter sound for free:P
nitwit09
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-29 20:01
Any luck with your phone. I have the same problem with my phone. I have 2 k750i, so i switched the battery and memory card from my working k750i but i still have same freakin problem. I also flashed my phone to w800i, 3 months ago but i never faced any problem untill now. Plz keep us updated, if u find any solution for it. I will take my phone to a SE service center tmrw morning and will let u know what happened their.
tr1t0n
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-29 23:28
New update
I flashed the phone again. Just to clear things up on the firmware I now have the latest k750i firmware. A guy told me that it might be the erom that was corrupt. Got a new credit at davinci and flashed with the erom that they have. Flashing went ok. Turned it on but NO LUCK same as before. Hangs at the Please Wait screen. During flash it said that I had to put on the CID ignore button in the client. I did it and flashed again with the erom. But still no differnence. Hangs at the Please Wait screen....
Tried to do the recovery on the SE site again but now it fails to connect to the device. I can hear the sounds in windows that something connects with the computer but the SE applet wont find my phone.
DAMN THIS IS GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!

CrazyBus
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-30 00:56
the weird thing is that this has all happened recently, with no other reports of it (that i can find anyway.) Just out of intrest what happened just before you died. I was sending stuff through bluetooth to my computer
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-11-30 01:55
I hope that people from will take a close look at the problems being encountered here . . . When I had my K700i then, the screen turns white too then restarts . . . but those were - 'BUGS' (issue). [addsig]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-30 03:31
Quote:

On 2005-11-30 00:56:01, CrazyBus wrote:
the weird thing is that this has all happened recently, with no other reports of it (that i can find anyway.) Just out of intrest what happened just before you died. I was sending stuff through bluetooth to my computer

Did you chaps have locks of any kind on your phone, eg: phone or sim lock?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi