Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > A couple of my mates. Meet JasJar and K-Jam (many pics)

Author A couple of my mates. Meet JasJar and K-Jam (many pics)
TheWhizz_68
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2005-11-25 16:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2005-11-25 15:27:20, masseur wrote:
feel free to ask anything you like except I won't be able to help you with specific O2 custom items of course

btw, I'm using SPB Plus and SPB Weather on my today page and SPB time as my large clock (with the Big Ben theme)

Thanks mate I appreciate that offer.
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-25 23:24
Masseur this may sound daft ..............esp as u seem a stand up guy with principals etc..........but you BUY ALL that software.........honestly Im just asking coz i know you prob keep ur phones updated with all the latest gear etc.........must cost you a fortune
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-25 23:28
absolutely I buy all that. In fact I am also a beta tester for 2 of those 3 SPB products but that doesn't get me any discounts, unfortunately. I do it because they are good products that I want to help make better

I can say with full honesty that I do not have one piece of unlicenced software on my pc or mobile devices
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-11-25 23:54
excellent review, ive only just got round to reading it all. i'm impressed masseur
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-26 00:02
I didnt doubt it of YOU for a second.........im rather sad in that I spend money on the phones and the FORCED contracts but never BUY much software........but i dont use unlicensed stuff............just legitimate freebies and trials...........but im not saying im a saint.......i admit i use unlicensed stuff for my pc.....which is basically just as wrong
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-28 14:42
Just ordered the mini through o2 but the price is £99.99 not £74.99(which was only for students)
Too impulsive I'm wondring if i should have waited for the one you'r' raving about masseur- the ATOM- still
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-28 14:47
you should have gone for the student price. Many of us here have bought from the student site without issue. They don't confirm in any way if you are a student and I'm let to believe you can make 2 purchases every 6 or 12 months from there

anyway, congrats. let me/us know if you have any issues!
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-28 15:41
Thnaks Masseur you are right all they would have asked me for was a student number which if I REALLY wanted to could have obtained form any one of my 3 kids.....but I dont know considering our last 2 post exchanges and my feeling guilty re the software licenses I am happy that I morally stood up to be counted this time although I knowmany would say the networks have it coming to them
Anyway another quick point while I am on is there ONE car charger that could do BOTH units? ie exec and mini-s ?
Cheers and no doubt there WILL be issues - it is ME after all
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-29 10:00
sorry, I only use blutooth carkits these days and, of course, they won't charge the device.

but if you're not neednig charging, just hands free, I can definitly recommend the Parrot Easydrive

JAGUY85
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-11-29 10:07
Thanks for tin incite

This message was posted from a Nokia

irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-29 22:57
Thanks for the info Masseur. I WAS looking for charging specifically..the handsfree part is an additional bonus. I shall keep looking. BTW my new MINI is on charge as we speak so you have a few hours of peace before the question bombardment starts although I sense the two units are sufficiently similar to at least rule out all most of my usual basic inquisitions
Still no sign of the upgrade to profile which allows bluetooth music and call capability?
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-02 14:11
So Masseur a couple of quick points if you are able to answer b4 you retire for the weekend. I want to be sure before I mess anything up and seeing as you are one of the few that had BOTH the devices you are ideally placed to keep me on the straight and narrow.
1) Do i need to install the ACTIVE SYNC for the new device too? oh and the clearvue app?
2) Either way will my using the same laptop for both devices encounter any sync problems- i.e. confusion of contacts, calendars, files etc?
Oh and ps I think you were right the jasjar is brilliant maybe a 9.9 in my books but on first impressions the kjam may actually hit 10.....or at least the o2 versions of them.
Thanks as always Masseur
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-02 14:28
1) if you already have activesync 4 or 4.1 installed there is no need to install it again (I assume you do have it from your previous windows mobeil 5 device)

2) no, there will be no confusion. When you connect the new device you create a whole new partnership with that device. The new device will have to have a different device ID (found in start, settings, about) as they must be unique. Once synched the two devices will keep separate records for what has been synched and was has not. I regularly have 2 or 3 devices partnered.

If you want to get rid of the jasjar and use the device Id you created for that (assuming you didnt just accept the default) then just delete the old partnership in activesync

finally, I'm still very, very happy with my choice between the two device

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2005-12-02 13:28 ]
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-02 14:35
Thanks ....no I amnt getting rid of it.........but I did accept the default (I think). Shouldnt matter though if i accept the default for the kjam too?
I will try synching in a short while and let you know if it all goes to plan.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-02 14:38
I alays set my device ID before I sync for the first time so I really can't remember what the default is but I think its device model name or something.

It'll warn you anyway if its the same as an existing partnership and you get the chance to change it
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi