Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K750i R1N035 joystick problem? solution here!

Author K750i R1N035 joystick problem? solution here!
fEArmE
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-16 12:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
for those who are having down press joystick problem, i have a solution for ya. Deactivate the shortcut for down press and yes!! it works for me.. i no longer have the down press joystick problem even if i reactivate the shortcut. try it and report back!! good luck!
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-16 12:22
good one.... I dont have such issue... but if it works... good one... [addsig]
jayteee
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-16 22:22
Good stuff... It did the trick for me! I was getting really pissed off because of the joystick. I still have problems pressing the joystick down (down not "south") but I guess it's a HW issue.
Azik
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-17 00:00
cool man. thanx a lot!! it works. i would never think that this is a software issue. i thought something broke inside the phone.

[ This Message was edited by: Azik on 2005-10-16 23:01 ]
samreen
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-19 03:26
@ fEArmE

Good to hear that you've come up with such an easy solution, what if you could have find it earlier so that I wouldn't have to reflash my phone

[ This Message was edited by: samreen on 2005-10-19 02:27 ]
fEArmE
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-19 04:15
another method to make it more responsive is to give the joystick a massage. if you have down press problem, give it a 'U' shape massage.
eNzO-VVTi
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-19 04:51
Quote:

On 2005-10-19 04:15:46, fEArmE wrote:
another method to make it more responsive is to give the joystick a massage. if you have down press problem, give it a 'U' shape massage.

nice solutions u found ; the way i solve the prob is to use nail or top of the thumb to press down harder on the joystick
it works too
K750i|| K700i|| T630|| T616|| Bluetooth HBH-35|| DSS-25|| Stand CDS-11
sranjanm2002
W995 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-07 07:19
How to get rid of Sony Ericsson Joystick Problem:-

Lot of people complains that their Joystick is not functioning properly so I have the quick formula for them. By doing that the joystick will be start working normally like it does. First and foremost I would appeal all people to keep their phone clean from dust etc. Here we start:-

1. If your joystick has stuck that means there is lot of dirt etc that has not been cleaned.
2. To clean it do the following:-

A. Take a simple cloth like handkerchief and an all pin (The pin which has a small head or small knob like structure.
B. Now sprinkle some water or light cleaning agent like Colin at any part of it.
C. Take all pin and cover the head of all pin by putting that wet area on top of it. I mean that the part that is now wet by sprinkling should be on top of all pin.
D. Now take all pin by its shaft and put the head of all pin inside the circle around joystick.
E. Move all pin in circular fashion for 1 or two times.
F. You will see the dirt on the cloth. Again select a new area of cloth and do the following until dirt gets disappeared from your view.

3. Now what you have to do is put your thumb on joystick and move it in circular way for about 10 times. Now check by going into main menu weather it is working properly or not! If it doesn’t then again move it in circular way at Clockwise and anti clockwise.

4. Now it will work fine. If it doesn’t then you might have to take it to the Sony Ericsson Authorized Service Center.

5. The basis thing is that keep your phone clean and do not pass water/solution etc. In above method the damp cloth has been used. Normally you can pass some forceful breath from your mouth to the opened points in phone like Joystick, Speaker and Earphone point etc so that dirt can get outside. Use cover to protect it and clean the cover every month. This is equivalent for all phones from all brands. This is the same just like dirt goes inside the speakers of your Television and if you blow the air / use vacuum cleaner then you might notice the amount of dirt.

[ This Message was edited by: sranjanm2002 on 2006-10-07 06:20 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi