Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T616 - How to enable bluetooth and pair?

Author T616 - How to enable bluetooth and pair?
PsychoRallye
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-09-21 06:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello!
I broke the screen on my T616 so I can't see what the heck I am doing... can somebody tell me button by button which keys to press to do the following:

a. Turn on bluetooth (I know it's very simple but can't remember whether it's the power button, a few arrows "down" and then "ok" or whether it's the right softkey and then a few arrows and "ok" -- and how many "down"s if any.

b. How do I pair so I can xfer my numbers off this old phone using bluetooth. Do I need to pair? Or at least enable something (besides bluetooth itself) to initiate the connection?

Thanks for any help!!
Psycho
dammitjim
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-09-21 08:18
On a T610

Unlock/* if necessary

press right side line -----
joystick down
joystick straight in to toggle bluetooth on/off

To seach for a device

unlock
joystick in
down down left
joystick in
joystick in again
down
joystick in
joystick in again
you are now searching for a new BT device.

[ This Message was edited by: dammitjim on 2005-09-21 07:19 ]
PsychoRallye
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-09-22 05:55
Quote:

On 2005-09-21 08:18:12, dammitjim wrote:
On a T610

Directions provided

Thanks very much!
I think I got BT enabled (searching for a new device should presumably do that anyway) -- and from the little bit of the screen I can see I get to the "My devices" menu so I can only assume it is searching for a new device...
So, the bigger question would be, do I have to do anything to make my phone visible ? My computer program should see my BT phone but it never finds it (when I tell both of them to look at the same time).

Cheers
Psycho
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi