Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K750i SEUS R1N035 update problems/potential solutions

Previous  123 ... 34 353637  Next
Author K750i SEUS R1N035 update problems/potential solutions
Tigeryang
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-30 18:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
why is it some peoples camera works fine after R1N035 and some totally pack in? my camera is not working at all since i updated, wish i had just left it at R1L

mine is from vodafone but its an unbranded one ie. black without all the vodafone stuff on it
evdok
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-31 15:12
Im trying to update mine aswel (W800I) but its sying my operator wont allow it or to that affect, dont the update work on simfree phones or have i got the latest already...R1K001??
Bergio
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-11-01 04:17
I had that problem with my w800i. After trying lots of possible solutions, I found it. Now I have the latest version:

This is what I did:

*uninstalled all sonyericsson software and drivers.
*I even deleted every "sonyericsson" string in regedit (be very carefull about this item)
*Then downloaded everything from their site and installed it.
Thatīs all.

Iīm happy with my camera.
I hope this helps.
I hope my argentinian English didnīt confuse U all.

Quote:

On 2005-09-13 06:42:19, dyndragon wrote:
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to update my K750i to the latest firmware, and I'm getting a strange problem. I've updated this phone before to R1J002 with no problems, but now when I'm trying to update to R1N035, SEUS updates the phone to 43% and then jumps to 46%, then errors out with "error in communication with the device" and I have to take out the battery to get my phone functioning again. It then tells me to start the update over, but of course the same stuff happens.

I check to see if my phone still works--and it does. The phone firmware has been updated, but the CAMERA software has not been, so now I'm stuck with only the phone! The camera no longer works--when i try to activate it, it says the camera software is too old and needs to be upgraded, but I can't because SEUS wont update it!

So, apparently for me, the SEUS upgrade hangs on the flashing of the camera software, while the phone firmware upgrade completes. Anyone have any suggestions or experience something similar? Help is appreciated!

--Dyn

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2005-09-13 19:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2005-09-14 11:11 ]

choclate
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-01 08:49
hey guys since last nite i was reading ur post and thinking to upgrade my rl to rn but majority says no to rn coz of se site faulty yes i did it and it stops to 46% and give me error communi that shit all time i tried 5 times late nite but nothin works then when goin to sleep i master rest my phone then i sleepp and i got a dream that i fixed my phone and make camera worked out then suddenly my phone rings i wake and it was my frenz call lol then this mornin i put my phone into the cable and wahla it stops on 46 momentrly and then goes smoothly 50 51 and so and i updated successfully i m very happy guyz in this all story that i written one thing is for sure try try try try again and someday it will work;) that se want from us that we struggle hahhaha just kiddin chaos
szuwx
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-11-01 13:39
Hello, I'm from poland but i bot my k750i in uk, after update from polish site of se by seus and it stoped after 40something percent, It updated only soft of the phone on r1n35 but soft of camera was still 4.4 and camera could not work any longer, I tried several times and it was the same all the time, I tried also to do it from uk site(same). But on Australian site update was succesful and it updated also soft of the camera and now it works perfectly.(i don't know why but It worked properly only on australian site and phone was for uk market) Try to do it on other sites.
Samehn
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-01 16:10
Hi guys,
Replying to the error in communication with the device "k750" while updating it with SEUS i never found a solution under windows xp ,
but when i tried a different thing and that is to install Windows 2000 pro,that finally resolved the problem and i am reliefed.

So i dont know what was really the problem with winXp,but my recommendation for whom got this problem is to try changing the working environment.
Thanks for all who tried to solve this issue in this thread.
choclate
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-01 19:59
ya i think by changin the country it effects i live in pakistan
i tried pakistan but no luck after i tried on uk site then it work ok i think it effects too
Tigeryang
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-01 22:21
my phone is UK, i tried the autealian update but it wont even load the page with the 'get started' bit on it, i tried new zealand with no joy, does exactly same as UK site, goes steadily to 46% stops, goes to 49 then steadily to 55 then jumps to 100 saying complete, still no camera the camera software ver doesnt even appear in the software info.

ive had enough, i just flushed it down the toilet
ac328
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-11-03 04:19
i am getting communication error from seus. anyone got a fix for that?
choclate
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-03 09:18
look man read all the post and u will find that no body have a final solution for it but try try try again thats u can do and one thing more when it is loadin firmware onto the phone keep ur internet connection clean don,t do any work and use high speeed hope it wil workas i saw when it stucks on 46% it use internet connection and my internet meter bars rise up then when i think it find something then
it goes smoothly
ac328
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-11-03 11:44
Don't you think that I know? I have had other posts already. I just wanted to see if anyone found something new. AS for your 46%, I can't even get that. As soon as i unplug the usb wait 20 sec, and hold c and reconnect the cable, it says error in communication. But it worked fine on another k750i, but it was a Russian cda. I am having problems with Hong Kong. Anyone successfully upgrade to R1no35 for HK?
mrcreativity
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-04 22:21
Nothing specific works. I tried everything. And I mean everything.

What eventually worked for me, i suppose, was unistallin SEUS, deleting all the files and starting from the top.

Doesnt make sense, does it?
BlurryEye
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-11-09 20:53
I just recently installed PC suite 1.10.71 since my girlfriend has a W550i. It works fine and synks to Outlook without problems with both my W800i and her W550i. But when I try the SEUS it says "communication error" right away after clicking "accept the terms", it never loads the update-program or anything. And SEUS used to work perfect with PC suite 1.7.10 wich is the latest to be found for the W800i on SE site.

Anyone else have this problem with SEUS and 1.10.71?

I tried uninstalling everything and then installing 1.7.10 plus both the usb-drivers again and everything works exept updating wich still gives me the communication error right after i click accept the terms.

It still works on my work-pc at the office though, there I can go all the way and update but already updated...

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Problem solved.
Had to delete the Update-folder under C:\program files\Sony Ericsson and the install the update-software again.

[ This Message was edited by: BlurryEye on 2005-11-10 07:33 ]
Tigeryang
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-10 18:24
am i right in saying that for a successful update it must go slowly and gradually all the way to 100% rather than jump from 50 odd to 100?
nthorpe
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-11 21:15
Hi

I tried updating the firmware on my k750i using the SE website, for some reason the program crashed, and no my phone will not turn on,ive tried taking the battery, and plugging the charger in whilst tryin to turn it on. Is it possible to get the phone working again? if so could you explain how please? I was hoping Davinci may do it but i duno if it can with the phone not being able to turn on.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 34 353637  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic