Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K750i SEUS R1N035 update problems/potential solutions

Previous  123 ... 3334 353637  Next
Author K750i SEUS R1N035 update problems/potential solutions
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-26 16:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@piman

Yes you do have a choice....

It's called Sony Ericsson Service center....

And you will find that if your phone has issues they will fix it for you for free...

Just pay P&P much less than the Davinci and others and above all doing something that will make it worst for your fone....

I like it... dont have a choice so Ill just smash it to bits....

[ This Message was edited by: Leviath on 2005-10-26 15:10 ]
piman
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-26 16:59
Well, it looks like i will have to do that - which is a bugger because i'll be without a phone for god knows how long.
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-26 18:04
I understand how you feel believe me when I say that...

I had two knackered as you put it K750i's

The solution I posted is the best by far considering you may just end up voiding the warranty going down this downgrade street.

I would hate to see you or anyone loose that much money for a wild shot in the dark...

[ This Message was edited by: Leviath on 2005-10-26 17:04 ]
mrcreativity
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-28 09:33
Quote:

On 2005-10-26 16:59:14, piman wrote:
Well, it looks like i will have to do that - which is a bugger because i'll be without a phone for god knows how long.

I feel your pain brother.

And that is precisely the reason I dont want to use the DVT thing.

I wonder if there is something wrong with my phone or the update itself.

Will find out when (if), Sony Ericsson come out with a new update for the K750.
Craigus
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-28 09:44
Wow this whole updating via SEUS(Sony Ericsson Update Service) it very messy here's how i managed to finally update.

I have a Sony Ericsson w800i that is telstra branded and i have an optus sim card.
The f/w(firmware) was R1L002 prgCXC 1250092_EU_1_CA R1L002

Camera S/W = 4.4

content version was PA6

I had installed the sony pc suite software and the drivers then i installed the sony update software (seus_setup119.exe) and then continued with the update service online i went through all the prompt and checked the boxes and then it came up and said it needed to download updated sotware(newest firmware) which it did fine. then it asked me to disconnect the mobile turn the mobile off wait 20 seconds hold the 'c' button in as you insert the cable and the update will start in 15 seconds well it never started because my phone would turn on which it is not suppose to do.
To solve this problem i did this
1) uninstalled SEUS and suite software
2) reinstalled SEUS
3) downloaded the SEUS usb drive from the sony ericsson site and extracted the contents to a folder
4) went to 'device manager' and expanded the USB controllers list and updated the drivers with the one in that folder.
5) then i ran the SEUS and pluged my phone into the same USB port that i used to install it (
now it has the new f/w R1N035 and camera 4.5 and content PA11

Now i was wondering if someone that has an unbranded phone downloaded the lastest firmware using SEUS that downloads it to (C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\software-data\) if i got a copy of this and put it in my folder and reran SEUS would it copy them over to my phone? so my phone would then be de-branded/

Also all those people having trouble with SEUS make sure you have the latest Java installed( I have build 1.5.0_05-b05) and also you need to use Internet Explorer

Also people that cannot get the new version of the f/w this could be because of the f/w you have if it is vodaphone branding then you are stuff with the old version for now until they release one, telstra and unbranded phones are fine.
mrcreativity
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-28 12:24
There are around 34 pages in this post.

Did u ever notice that most people's problem was not that their Update didnt start or that their phone wasnt detected. Most of us have a problem that is beyond our control. Updating the software just stops halfway thru the process. And nothing that u can do to the computer will change that.

Believe me. I've tried everything from installing a fresh sopy of windows to trying different configurations on my and another pc.

Nothing works.
Phantomlynx
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-28 12:51
Have now been able ot update my silver, voda branded phone to R1N035 via SEUS.

The progress bar jumped from 52% to 100%, which after some of the posts worried me, but the camera appears to work, and shows sw 4.5
BatKing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-28 22:48
I think I am a little different. because at 0%, it jumps to 100% and give me the communication error dialog. so it just did nothing to me.

I am in US, this phone is not offically here yet, so I guess I don't have the option to go SE service center to update.

One question, during camera, if I turn on the light (flash light?), the light stays on forever? Mine appears on forever until u turn off the camera mode or turn off the light. I thought it will be nicer if the light will turn on only when you are shooting.

[ This Message was edited by: BatKing on 2005-10-28 23:43 ]
mrcreativity
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 08:34
It worked! It worked!

My phone is now updated and everything works perfectly!

Oh man, I've waited so long. I kept trying the update every single day. Every single day.

I unistalled SEUS and reinstalled it and just did the update.

I don't know what worked. but something did.

Instead of pressing C and connecting the usb cable at the start of the update, I pressed the return key and connected the USB cable. Obviously the update didnt start. I had to switch it off and do it the proper way. It stopped at 45%, there was some network activity, it jumped to 63% and then to 100!
shanespencer
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 10:39
Congratulations, Mrcreativity! I can imagine how elated you must be at this point.

I just got back from the SE service centre, where I've left my w800. They're going to try their own update - now they have the latest firmware in - and if that doesn't work, they'll swap the phone's motherboard.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 14:22
congrats.... [addsig]
mrcreativity
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 20:08
Quote:

On 2005-10-29 14:22:30, Leviath wrote:
congrats....

Thanks a lot mate. I just hope it works out for everyone.
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 20:46
hope so too :-} [addsig]
shanespencer
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-30 10:51
I got my phone fixed!! I took it to the SE service centre yesterday afternoon, and got it back at lunchtime today, fully flashed and updated with the latest firmware. I just tried transferring a number of files - 28 mp4 files - and all went onto my phone without any problem. before, I could only transfer two files at a time!

I'm a happy bunny!!

I swear I'll never touch the SE update website ever again....

[ This Message was edited by: shanespencer on 2005-10-30 10:27 ]
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-30 14:43
excellent now someone has some sense [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 3334 353637  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic