Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Panasonic GD87.......release date?

Author Panasonic GD87.......release date?
siuj
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 00:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
One problem with the Sharp is that it cannot send pictures to the PC via Irda.
Lack of Java doesn't really bother me that much as I'll only lose out on games.
floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 00:56
I got mine on Voda and I must admit I really like it, still love my T68i though

dave
clancy23
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 01:04
Hey floatlite can u post the good points and the bad points about Gd-87?also how much memory has it got?

This post was posted from a T68i

floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 01:35
Ok, Generally excellent, feels good, flip snaps shut and feels well made and robust. Screen is A1, 56K and very clear. Operator menu is different but pretty straight forward and is easly to get used to. Size is great for the pocket and there are huge options in the menus.

MMS works stright out the box (on Voda anyway), and the GPRS is fast and reliable.

Memory is 1 MB and it has IR and a zoom camera. The camera has the following functions,
Twilight mode
Close Up
Effect-Sepia, Monochrome,Negative.
Frame- loads of frames.
Self timer
Image Format - JPEG Normal, JPEG fine, JPEG Economy, PNG, TIFF, GIF

The ringer is 16 ch Poly and there are a load preloaded and plenty space to download more.

You can alter the colour of the external LED, and display also, and have different colours for different data, eg MMS, txt, call, data.

Games are pretty good on the phone and although not JAVA they are arcade style and u can download more.

Phone has a handsfree speaker mode also.

Plenty Accessories available as well, including a data cable, a full car kit, a dock station, handsfree.

Call quality is great!!

dave
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-30 02:11
i am getting one on friday i think, i have to see it in person first, but if i like it a lot, i will get it here in us, unlocked from voda... and then who knows may be i will give up on craving for the spv.... i'll tell you all about it as soon as i have it, hopefully saturday, if anyone is still interested....
www.mythstudios.com
clancy23
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 02:22
Yeah i have to see it before id buy it.mds tell us all about it if u get it(p.s.how much is it unlocked in the U.S?)

This post was posted from a T68i

[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-30 02:57
I dont know exactly how much, because i will give my 7210 to the seller and pay 80 bucks extra, but on ebay they run for like a 600 or more, there is a way of getting one from germany shipped to us for 520 euro, but again, i want to see it first, and i am not losing anything, i like the 7210 but it is not all that... so hopefuly this will be the phone that i get for safekeeping, for the fact i will remain faithful to my t68i, this thing will be laying in a box new and sound, just like my 7210 for the last couple of weeks, so there are a lot of things that make me consider giving up the 7210, first of all it had freaking depreciated about 30% in less than a month, that makes me wonder... anyway, back to panasonic, the only thing that would not make me buy it would be a poor built quality (finish of the case, durability, sturdiness) all these things will determine my decision, from looking at the specs and pics i am convinced that this is the phone to have, and i am willing to go out of my "no clamshells" rule just this once, but lets see what i get, i will have a chance to play with it, but i will write a lot only if i end up getting it... so, wish me luck, hope i will arive to the excitement leading towards purchasing this phone, and not to a complete dissapointment of seeing chinees looking crappy plastic and horrible form factor, which i suspect it might have.... so the bottom line i got to feel it before i take it... i will keep you posted...
www.mythstudios.com
New Beetle
Z200
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 18:17
Don't worry MDS, the feel and quality of the Panasonic are top notch, feels and looks great.
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 18:20
MDS:
Aguy bythe name of Zerowind over on the howardforums just bought the GD-87 from LVwireless and he loves the phone and he has a whole review of his experience with it. I would say you are making a good decision.
-Savoy

T68M->I (LunaGrey)<-My Fav(R5C001)
T68I (Adriatic Blue)
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-30 19:39
yeah i know, i post there too, i was promised that i can see the phone by the end of the week. the bottom line is when i can see it is actually the same place where i am going to buy it, so i mean as soon as get my hands on it, if i like it, it will be the phone i get... anyway, i will update as soon as i get it...
www.mythstudios.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi